Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
nir085 said:
*shrugs* Still makes him more honorable/moral than Guts; there's no way you'll agree, but it's true. It's not like he only killed Jedi kids, though...
A very concise argument.
I'd be happy to argue with any of you, as long as it doesn't become personal.
Nah, I don't really feel like arguing with you. Besides, there's really no point, BECAUSE IT'S TRUE.

nir085

Horse and Armor
Well. Uh. I appreciate the quick response time, at least.

"Griffith No More!" said:
I don't hate it, I'm not just a Prequel hater or whatever lame defense people are using to dispute my opinion; it's just a bad movie, end of story. And I'm not going to rationalize that fact away just because it's "Star Wars." It's just kinda ridiculous to see, you know?
You should rationalize something, instead of just saying "it flat out sucks" whenever you feel the whim.

Also, what is this big whine about, "OMG, you believe in your opinions!" Yeah, because I have valid reasons to have them, that's why I don't pussyfoot around; everyone should give it a try sometime. Maybe it's so offensive in this case because deep down all you Ep. III defenders know I'm right. 8)
Your undeserved ego is what is really offensive. That added on to the fact that you constitute every other quote saying the same thing. It's OK if you don't like it. Some people can't understand the beauty of something no matter how good it is. But saying "it's just bad"...you can do better.

Can't beat me, I've got the high ground. ;D
No one seems to be impartial around here, so you're right: you have got the high ground. We've basically reached a stalemate, where both of us are too full of ourselves to give in, so I'll be the first to concede.

Aazealh said:
It would be good story-telling.
It would be short-sighted and the main character would have much less depth.

No offense dude, and nothing personal, but it's quite bad. :-\
No, it's not. But "if you say so". It's perfectly understandable how someone like you would feel that way, however =).

Walter said:
A very concise argument.
Glad you agree; I was, after all, putting down two people with that statement(s).

Sir, I am a rather idiotic newbie as well, and that review does not make you Roger fucking Ebert...This film is a piece of cinematic excrement, and that is being generous.  Not only this, but it makes the inconsistencies with A New Hope all the more glaring. Therossman.com has a nifty article about that, by the way.

What I want to know is why anyone would want to watch these things when the LOTR trilogy is out there...hell, even Advent Children looks to be a cinematic masterpiece in comparison.  For that matter, that live action Eva movie will probably be superior if Keanu shows up in Bill & Ted gear and George Carlin plays Gendo Ikari...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
nir085 said:
It would be short-sighted and the main character would have much less depth.

I don't see how it would, there's just no legitimacy to your assertion. You're not going anywhere posting stuff like that. The main character has close to no depth anyway. ::)

nir085 said:
No, it's not. But "if you say so".

If I say so it's because it's true, obviously. :)

nir085 said:
It's perfectly understandable how someone like you would feel that way, however =).

And what's someone like me exactly? A superior being whose exceptional mind prevents from saying bullshit? ??? I thought you said you wouldn't take stuff personally. :-\

http://youlose.ytmnd.com/

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Sorry, I'm not going to waste my time writing anything substantial about this movie, because there's nothing substantial to discuss about it. It's as plainly bad as the sky is blue, there's no point in me explaining why to hopeless fans in denial; basically, if you have to ask, you'll never know. Like I said, if you're a fan of Star Wars and shit, it's high times, so go ahead and roll in it.

nir085

Horse and Armor
bph said:
Sir, I am a rather idiotic newbie as well, and that review does not make you Roger fucking Ebert...
That is good news. [Not being Ebert] is the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me. Although he has rated it as highly as I have, now that you mention him.

What I want to know is why anyone would want to watch these things when the LOTR trilogy is out there...hell, even Advent Children looks to be a cinematic masterpiece in comparison.  For that matter, that live action Eva movie will probably be superior if Keanu shows up in Bill & Ted gear and
George Carlin plays Gendo Ikari...

I can't say that comparing just any fiction movie side-by-side is ...normal. Your post is nearly reminiscient of one of those "Superman vs. Gadtzu" threads.

Aazealh said:
The main character has close to no depth anyway. ::)
1.) mean, but good-natured, slave worker on a desert planet
2.) honorable knight
3.) confused lover(/honorable knight)
4.) traitor for what he believes is a good cause
5.) 98% evil
6.) the SW equivalent of an angel

If I say so it's because it's true, obviously. :)
That doesn't make too much sense seeing as how 5 out of 5 considered it to be helpful...

And what's someone like me exactly? A superior being whose exceptional mind prevents from saying bullshit? ??? I thought you said you wouldn't take stuff personally. :-\
I'm not judging anyone here nor am I taking things personally: what I meant was that you're ridiculously and unjustifiably full of yourself and small-minded...when it comes to perspectives on things [fiction, in particular] you aren't obsessively dependent on. Being a hypocrite about the personally thing for a second here, since you've obviously done the same: you're not a superior being either (take note of the bluntness).

"Griffith No More!" said:
Sorry, I'm not going to waste my time writing anything substantial about this movie, because there's nothing substantial to discuss about it. It's as plainly bad as the sky is blue, there's no point in me explaining why to hopeless fans in denial; basically, if you have to ask, you'll never know. Like I said, if you're a fan of Star Wars and shit, it's high times, so go ahead and roll in it.
I'm curious to see how long you can hold out from saying "Star Wars is (expletive) bad" again. Still, I do agree with this post of yours, so I'll stop and just enjoy.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
nir085 said:
Your post is nearly reminiscient of one of those "Superman vs. Gadtzu" threads.

Hahaha, not taking things personally? ::)

nir085 said:
1.) 2.) 3.) 4.) 5.) 6.)

Seems like you don't understand what depth is. Not that I care.

nir085 said:
That doesn't make too much sense seeing as how 5 out of 5 considered it to be helpful...

That makes perfect sense because random people rating your review isn't proving anything. Ugh.

nir085 said:
I'm not judging anyone here nor am I taking things personally: what I meant was that you're ridiculously and unjustifiably full of yourself and small-minded...

There's like a big contradiction here, and what's up with "insulting" people? I can do that too. You can't take an opinion on your bad review? It's bad and you're an idiot, face the truth. :-*

nir085 said:
Being a hypocrite about the personally thing for a second here, since you've obviously done the same: you're not a superior being either (take note of the bluntness).

You've been a hypocrite about it since the beginning, and I merely pointed it out with my comment, so what's your point? That you don't really have anything to say?

Help yourself and stop taking things personally, it's ok for you to have bad taste, but you're just making a fool of yourself by being the typical blind fanboi right now.

It's as plainly bad as the sky is blue, there's no point in me explaining why to hopeless fans in denial;

I myself am not a huge fan of the Star Wars universe but I do enjoy the movies.

It can't be helped though. You either enjoyed the movie or you didn't. You were either entertained or you weren't. Simple as that.

dwarfkicker said:
It can't be helped though. You either enjoyed the movie or you didn't. You were either entertained or you weren't. Simple as that.
Is it ever really that simple?
There will always be the 'why' and the 'how'.

WHY didn't you like it?!

HOW could you be so stupid???!?!?!?

And they will never rest until these questions have been exhaustively answered. You know it, and I know it.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
ranemaka13 said:
Is it ever really that simple?
There will always be the 'why' and the 'how'.

WHY didn't you like it?!

HOW could you be so stupid???!?!?!?

And they will never rest until these questions have been exhaustively answered. You know it, and I know it.

All the answers are there, you ridiculously and unjustifiably full of yourself and small-minded man with an undeserved ego! >:(

nir085 said:
http://movies.yahoo.com/mvc/dfurv?mid=1808406061&iid=255-2628513&s=rc_d&rvid=255-466778&i=0&ys=ICviR8V9TuJJHv0vVRbpLg--

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
Stop taking everything so personally!!! >:(

You searched it, you traitor, I demote you! >:(

UNLIMITEDPOWER.gif

I now have UNLIMITED POWER!!1!1!

PS: Sorry guys, picture's big.

That must have come from a downloaded version of the movie. They would never show that in a trailer.

I saw the movie in the theater twice, so I'm not ashamed to say that I downloaded it. The picture qualtiy is as clear as that gif but the damn timer and date are running across the top of the screen. And the sound fucks up here and there.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
dwarfkicker said:
That must have come from a downloaded version of the movie. They would never show that in a trailer.

I don't know what you're talking about. A friend sent it to me on my AOL mail account, and my antivirus didn't detect nothing bad about it! ???

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/beds/bucks/herts/4575291.stm

I know the 3rd guy who filmed it, and my mate was going out with the girl. I think 1 of them may have died tonight because their website and the CKY fan forums they posted their videos on have been closed within the last few hours.

There are alot more details that im not going to post since random net people dont need to know them.

What they did was bloody stupid its a shame they learnt their lesson the hard way.

Begemot

STOP UNDRESSING ME WITH YOUR EYES!
I just rewatched the original trilogy for the first time in a while, and it just cemented how much better it is than Episodes 1-3.

Luke vs. Vader in Empire Strikes Back is my favorite lightsaber fight of all time.

The new fights just seem like so much dancing.

i saw this movie last week. i don't understand why it's getting nonstop 10/10s at imdb.com...it was definitely better than the first two, but not because it was -made- any better...it just had more action and proportionately less drama/dialogue...the dialogue itself was still ass poor, the writing was awful, and the 'tragedy' was contrived.

for example, (spoiler)

the explanation behind padme's death was the dumbest fucking thing i've ever heard. she's apparently "medically fine" but she lost her will to live...which is making her defy human physiology and die right on the goddamn spot within minutes/hours. They could've just said she got hypoxic during the choking, which compromised circulation to the placenta, and caused her to go into shock, which would make perfect sense, explain her symptoms, AND provide a perfectly logical reason to deliver the babies (why they have cybernetic limbs in star wars and an Ob/Gyn robot but no c-sections, who knows). But no, she's dying of "a broken heart"...even though she said "there's still good in him" ..yet she still wants to die? Thanks, mom!

/spoiler

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Woland said:
Luke vs. Vader in Empire Strikes Back is my favorite lightsaber fight of all time.

Yeah, even those fancy dancy Jedi moves in the prequels don't make those fights any better.  Being a martial artist I have to say that in a real fight, YOU DON'T TWIRL THE FUCKING LIGHTSABER THREE OR FOUR TIMES >:( *cough* Obi-wan and Anakin showdown *cough*  Anyway, yeah, original trilogy rules. ;D

Kakkoii_Guts

海賊王になる男だ
Rhombaad said:
Yeah, even those fancy dancy Jedi moves in the prequels don't make those fights any better. Being a martial artist I have to say that in a real fight, YOU DON'T TWIRL THE FUCKING LIGHTSABER THREE OR FOUR TIMES >:( *cough* Obi-wan and Anakin showdown *cough* Anyway, yeah, original trilogy rules. ;D

I don't know how many times I've learned that lesson the hard way.

Mage said:
i

for example, (spoiler)

the explanation behind padme's death was the dumbest fucking thing i've ever heard.  she's apparently "medically fine" but she lost her will to live...which is making her defy human physiology and die right on the goddamn spot within minutes/hours.  They could've just said she got hypoxic during the choking, which compromised circulation to the placenta, and caused her to go into shock, which would make perfect sense, explain her symptoms, AND provide a perfectly logical reason to deliver the babies (why they have cybernetic limbs in star wars and an Ob/Gyn robot but no c-sections, who knows).  But no, she's dying of "a broken heart"...even though she said "there's still good in him" ..yet she still wants to die? Thanks, mom!

/spoiler
I am not entirely sure about this so please don`t vivisect me but depression can actually lead to physical symptoms, so it is theoretically possible that you can will yourself to death(I think)

Khorne said:
I am not entirely sure about this so please don`t vivisect me but depression can actually lead to physical symptoms, so it is theoretically possible that you can will yourself to death(I think)

No, not really. You can make yourself depressed enough to become a vegetable but you cannot "think yourself to death."

T

TrapJaw

Hey this is my first post... not Berserk related but...

I've seen the movie and thought it was pretty good. I just didn't have alot of the complaints alot of you seem to have

I just thought that the movie focused on the characters and their relationships, at least to the degree that a SW movie can.  There was as many quiet talky scenes as there are in Empire, which is the most plot heavy of the old movies. I feel like "Revenge" was the most plot heavy of the Prequels. Whereas Phantom Menace was the introduction. Clones was also plot heavy but was still a set up for Revenge. 

I didn't mind how frenetic the Obi-Anakin final duel was. I loved how it had alot of close ups and got almost abstract at times. I think we've seen the choreography heavy saber fights in Phantom Menace. This final duel was way more emotional and character driven.

I guess I was really into the movie... it may sound sappy but I felt bad for all the main characters at the end.  Even for Vader who we now know is a character that tried to do the right thing but got roped in by a very persuasive (and evil) man. 

And as far as the "dying of a broken heart" part it didn't bother me. I think the reason is because when I watch a SW movies I think of them as fairytales or myths. So when something that's really mythic or "fairy tale-ish" happens I never have a  problem with it. Star Wars is NOT sci-fi by any means. It's pure fantasy as much as LOTR or whatever. It just happens to have ships and aliens rather than horses and dragons.

So all in all the movie was great and really brought all six movies to a close.  Even though Episodes 1 and 2  haev some lame stuff in them I'm still interested in the story and the characters so they still had me engaged.  I think the Star Wars story is probably one of the best fantasy stories put to film.
That's all!
TrapJaw

And yes I'll post in the Berserk threads soon! I just have SW on the brain this month...
Still need to get an avatar...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
TrapJaw said:
Hey this is my first post... not Berserk related but...

Hello, welcome to the board! :)

TrapJaw said:
Star Wars is NOT sci-fi by any means. It's pure fantasy as much as LOTR or whatever.

Fantasy is but a subcategory of Sci-Fi though.

Top Bottom