Miura has done OTHER MANGAS besides Berserk???

I accidently came across this when I was looking up Miura. Apparently there is some other book he did, with someone named Bronson...........called "Japan." Anyone know what I'm talking about? I guess it came out in Italy since the site was Italian, and there wasn't alot of info, just a picture of the cover. It was published by Planet Manga. I tried looking up more on it, but really couldn't find much. Anyone know what this book is about, if it's a series like Berserk, and if there are any scans floating around on the net somewhere of it?

Yeah i heard about "Japan", all i have seen is like the cover and two other images, i really wanted to read some of it but i can't find it, if you find anything about it don't hesitate to let us know about it

The Cover:

jap_cover_01.jpg

That girls's sword looks kind of like a small version of one of the ones Zodd uses... kinda ::)

I was under the impression that Miura had a decent amount of little projects before he started Berserk though?

He had. Another one is Oh-Roh and Oh-Roh Den (don't know if the spelling of that one is correct though). And there's another one, that he contributet to a contest iirc, it's called Noah. But I don't now anything about that one. Concerning Japan, I haven't read it yet, although it was published in Germany already. I heard it's not that good anyway.
Here's a quick summary (the one that's written on the back of the manga, I suppose) of the Story of both Japan and Oh-Roh (translated from german to english, source is that nice little site here: http://www.berserkfan.cs-home.info/index.php?page=info/zeichner_werke)

Japan Story by Buronson (the guy who wrote Fist of the North Star, you probably know...) Art by Miura
A group of very different japanese people, among them a female TV reporter and a Yakuza, get transferred to a not so distant future where they get to know the dark an sad destiny of their land. Is there hope for the timetravelers and their compatriots or will they have to die?

Oh-Roh Story by Buronson; Art by Miura
ohroh.jpg

In Japan, Buronson and Miura abducted us in a dark an desperate future. This time we're going 800 years back in time, in the China of the 13th Century, in the world of Dshingis Khan.
Everything starts 1999: Two young japanese (I think it's a couple) get carried to the past. There they have to fight for their freedom and honor. Their love for each other helps them to overcome the hardest battles. [...]

That's it from my side, I can't say anything about those two, I never read them.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
About Oh-roh and Oh-roh den, they're honestly not that good, you can read them to see how Miura's art and characters compare to Berserk, but the story itself isn't really interesting.

If anything, I would recommend Oh-roh over Oh-roh den. Puella made a thread before about this, you can look for it if you want more infos.

I'm still trying to find more about it....but unfortunately when you type "Japan" into a search engine, it finds alot of stuff that has nothing to do with what you're looking for, even when you add "Miura"....apparently the name is not uncommon.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Smith said:
The reason the story wasnt interesting is it because the story wasnt created by Muira himself? ::)

Yeah, you're a real genius to have guessed that all by yourself Smith.

Skull Knight said:
I'm still trying to find more about it....but unfortunately when you type "Japan" into a search engine, it finds alot of stuff that has nothing to do with what you're looking for, even when you add "Miura"....apparently the name is not uncommon.
Tried to add Buronson? Or even Berserk?

Judo

Midlands finest
I liked Oh-Roh more than Japan. The story and the characters are shitty draft in both... but Oh-Roh shows more of the Berserk-artwork-predecessor-panels.
You can see a group of barbarians that looks almost like the "Black Dogs".

Judo said:
I liked Oh-Roh more than Japan. The story and the characters are shitty draft in both... but Oh-Roh shows more of the Berserk-artwork-predecessor-panels.
You can see a group of barbarians that looks almost like the "Black Dogs".
also, main character has a large sword

If the Manga of fist of the north star is anything like the Anime, I don't expect much from Oh-Roh or Japan. Still I can't help but be curious to checking these titles out, if only for the art.

I heard alot that they're too heroic, that the women are just there for fanservice purposes (showing them naked for no reason and such...) and so on, so I think you expect the right thing.

Top Bottom