For the few fans of Batman/DC comics in here

nir085

Horse and Armor
Batman Begins teaser trailer

This is not exactly the best or most explicit trailer to say the least...but at least it gives us a release date  ;D.

Like many others, I'm sure, I want this movie to connect to the first Batman movie, maybe even seeing Joker kill Batman's parents. And no connections to any of the other "movies".

Joker didn't kill Batman's parents. He didn't even exist until after he jumped/fell into a chemical vat to escape a Batman that was going to kick his ass.

nir085

Horse and Armor
I was referring to the movies, not the comics or TAS. He didn't kill Batman's parents in the movie...?

Oh, yeah. It's been over a decade since I saw the movie, and I forgot who the movie showed killing his parents...apparently it was the Joker (pre-chemical bath).

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
they can probably have the killer do that little... saying Joker said he did before killing someone (killin someone specificly I imagine... he killed a lot of people)

The first two movie were good but the last two movies suck ass. I can't believe they made Bain,two-face, Riddler, Poison Ivy and Mr Freeze into crappy villains. >:(

From reading the interviews the director (forgot his name he directed the first blade movie) is restarting the Batman series.

Batman and Batman Returns were directed by Tim Burton, and the rest were directed by that long-haired, limp-wristed faggot Joel Schumacker, hence why they sucked so much. This new one is being directed by Christopher Nolan, who directed Memento. He didn't direct any of the Blade movies.

Miyu

I'm smiling on the inside.
It should be pretty dark. I read that it's going to show Bruce Wayne in his early years training and becoming Batman. Scarecrow is supposed to be the villian. I also don't think they're going to stick with the old movie continuity of Jack Napier (aka Joker) being the one who killed Bruce Wayne's parents. If they stick with the comic continuity, then it'll be one of those mysteries that we'll never find out. Either way, I'm stoked 8)

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
I spose I can excuse them doing scarecrow first. They'll be spending 1/2 of the movie on Bruce's training. You don't want them to give one of the clasic villians 1/2 a movie do you?

At first I thought it sounded fucking stupid, which I would still think it it were part 5 in the series but it does look interesting. Being the director of Momento only makes it seem more interesting, however even though it has potential it still looked a little corny and cliche from the trailer, but having said that it does seem worth watching.

Even when I was into D.C comics Batman didn't do much for me, it seemed that most villains have to follow the same goddamn formula to become strong enough to stand against him must first have a near death experience, usually gain some sort of physical strength from it but must lose mental stability and turn more evil from it. This would apply to Joker, catwomen (at least in the movie) two face, poison ivy, mr freeze and I think a few others. ::) When you think about it, it's pretty lame.

So who is playing Bruce, and when is this expected on the big screen?

Mage said:
Batman and Batman Returns were directed by Tim Burton, and the rest were directed by that long-haired, limp-wristed faggot Joel Schumacker, hence why they sucked so much.  This new one is being directed by Christopher Nolan, who directed Memento.  He didn't direct any of the Blade movies.

Oops I guess it was the writer than, I think it was him who did the first blade movie. Haven't read the interviews at ign.com in while.

Azn He-Man666

Was it you who killed my companions,one after one?
ZODDGUTS said:
The first two movie were good but the last two movies suck ass. I can't believe they made Bain,two-face, Riddler, Poison Ivy and Mr Freeze into crappy villains. >:(

From reading the interviews the director (forgot his name he directed the first blade movie) is restarting the Batman series.
The Bane one really pissed me of, in the comics he was an intelligent proffesor who created that serum for himself and used it to break batmans back and slap the piss out of him.

However, in the movie they thought it would be a sweet idea to make him a mentally challenged brute that was poison ivy's lacky and have her invent his serum, I mean what the fuck?

Poison Ivy sucked...

Miyu said:
It should be pretty dark.  I read that it's going to show Bruce Wayne in his early years training and becoming Batman.  Scarecrow is supposed to be the villian.  I also don't think they're going to stick with the old movie continuity of Jack Napier (aka Joker) being the one who killed Bruce Wayne's parents.  If they stick with the comic continuity, then it'll be one of those mysteries that we'll never find out.  Either way, I'm stoked   8)

Actually reading from sources in ign.com the main villain in this movie is that old guy that doesn't age forgot his name he was in the Batman cartoon on Fox several times which later his daughter shows up who had a thing for Batman. The Scarecrow will be in the movie but from what I've read he won't have a big role.

The Bane one really pissed me of, in the comics he was an intelligent proffesor who created that serum for himself and used it to break batmans back and slap the piss out of him.

However, in the movie they thought it would be a sweet idea to make him a mentally challenged brute that was poison ivy's lacky and have her invent his serum, I mean what the fuck?

Poison Ivy sucked

Yeah that pissed me off too how crappy they made Bane look. He was a pretty damn bad guy in the cartoon on fox. 8)

nir085

Horse and Armor
Ra's Al Ghul, who is supposed to be played by this guy in the movie.

The choice of cast is pretty bad if you ask me, at least look-wise...Sgt. Gordon looks the way Crane is supposed to look while Ducard (Batman's mentor) looks more like Ra's Al Ghul than the guy who plays him.

Also, what is Liam Neeson and Morgan Freeman doing in the movie in the first place? I hope Nolan is just not plugging in popular actors like Singer did with Halle Berry in the X-Men movies. We all saw how much she sucked at that. I like the idea of new roles, but Batman's mentor (Neeson) and Lucius Fox (Freeman)? Who are these guys anyways? People I missed in the comic series?

Begemot

STOP UNDRESSING ME WITH YOUR EYES!
nir085 said:
Also, what is Liam Neeson and Morgan Freeman doing in the movie in the first place? I hope Nolan is just not plugging in popular actors like Singer did with Halle Berry in the X-Men movies. We all saw how much she sucked at that. I like the idea of new roles, but Batman's mentor (Neeson) and Lucius Fox (Freeman)? Who are these guys anyways? People I missed in the comic series?

Batman trained under quite a few people to gain his various skills. IIRC Lucius Fox is the guy who actually runs Bruce's business since he's busy being the Bat.

Even when I was into D.C comics Batman didn't do much for me, it seemed that most villains have to follow the same goddamn formula to become strong enough to stand against him must first have a near death experience, usually gain some sort of physical strength from it but must lose mental stability and turn more evil from it.

That's because Batman is all about mental instability. Virtually every character can be seen as typifying a certain sort of mental illnes. Batman, done right, is supposed to be a dark, gritty, psychological noir.

I'm iffy on Christian Bale as Batman. On the one hand, he can only effectively act one part (see: American Psycho, Equilibrium). On the other hand, that kind of works for Bruce Wayne, who's just as nutty as the guy he played in American Psycho, but he sublimates it instead. Christian Bale is getting a bit old though, and he's sort of like Van Damme in that any movie he's in is cursed to suck.

Top Bottom