Planet of the Apes remake movie.

Okay this has been on my mind since I watched the movie 2 years ago. Uh does anyone know how the ending came about? The guy when back to his time but was filled with apes not humans including the Abraham Lincoln statue WTF??? :eek: ???

Did Tim Burnton fuck up by trying to have a surprising ending like original movie did but instead Tim made a fuck up ending that made no sense. :p

nir085

Horse and Armor
The main character was on Earth the whole time. That was the point of the ending: there was no real home for him to return to, the Earth he knew evolved into an intellectual monkey ecosystem. He didn't return to "his own time". There was only Earth to begin with. So essentially it was the same as the original movie's ending.

I hated the remake. Tim Burton should have done better...

nir085 said:
The main character was on Earth the whole time. That was the point of the ending: there was no real home for him to return to, the Earth he knew evolved into an intellectual monkey ecosystem. He didn't return to "his own time". There was only Earth to begin with. So essentially it was the same as the original movie's ending.

I hated the remake. Tim Burton should have done better...

Oh okay I guess I kinda get now. :-\

dwarfkicker said:
I thought the same thing when I saw that movie.  Totally fucked up.

Not just that but he could have stayed and would have had hot sex with that good looking human women what a moron. Probably could have had a threesome with that monkey women too. :eek:   ;D   ;)

I mean who doesn't want to have hot monkey sex, I know I do.... just joking.. or am I? ;)

The remake was a huged dissapointment. >:(

DarkDragoon

Kuro no mahoutsukai
I dont think that the planet of the apes in the remake was supposed to be Earth, but some other planet far away. It seems like they go through space... go through the time thing.. and end up way far into the future on some planet that they had already crashed on in "our time". Or was it someone else who crashed on it? I dont remember. But the point is.. whoever crashed on it in "our time" brought apes with them when they went to the planet and the apes ended up getting smart and taking over the humans. So thats why when the dude goes to the planet in the future its ruled by apes.

The only reason I can think of for why Earth was ruled by apes when he went back is because he didn't actually go back to "our time" when he returned to earth.. and so lots and lots of time had passed and apes on our planet had done the same thing as on the planet of the apes.

Yeah Im still confused.

DarkDragoon said:
I dont think that the planet of the apes in the remake was supposed to be Earth, but some other planet far away. It seems like they go through space... go through the time thing.. and end up way far into the future on some planet that they had already crashed on in "our time". Or was it someone else who crashed on it? I dont remember. But the point is.. whoever crashed on it in "our time" brought apes with them when they went to the planet and the apes ended up getting smart and taking over the humans. So thats why when the dude goes to the planet in the future its ruled by apes.

The only reason I can think of for why Earth was ruled by apes when he went back is because he didn't actually go back to "our time" when he returned to earth.. and so lots and lots of time had passed and apes on our planet had done the same thing as on the planet of the apes.

Yeah Im still confused.

Yeah I had a theory too I came up with the idea that the guy when he was going back in time he went to a parrellel time so he really didn't return to his own time kinda like a alternative universe and um yeah... :-\

DarkDragoon

Kuro no mahoutsukai
I guess the point of the ending was to make us confused.. maybe so we go see part 2.. which was never and will never be made. Good plan.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
DarkDragoon said:
I guess the point of the ending was to make us confused.. maybe so we go see part 2.. which was never and will never be made. Good plan.
Well, there ARE sequels, just not to Tim Burton's remake.

Top Bottom