Shenmue Online

Here's some interesting news. A new Shenmue MMORPG
game it will be online for the PC. Here's some screens for it. I'm made this thread because I know there's some Shenmue fans on this board.

http://www.the-magicbox.com/0408/game080404b.shtml

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
I hate that game.  >:(

I thought the game was alright not great but a good kinda interesting. I like the battle system a lot though. Oh and I liked that there was an arcade in that game so I got to play classic Sega games like that motorcycle game I think it was called Run on? Never got to play part two so I can't comment on how the game was. :-\

This is pretty stupid. The game's story and the way it was experienced was what interested most people...there is no story development in an mmorpg, and your character's influence will be nonexistent. The screens show main characters only (1 is new)...fail to see how mmo fits into it.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
For a game that bombed big harry nuts and possibly brought about the end of the Dreamcast (that's not at all fair, but it's funny =), they sure do like to keep making Shenmue games. Just an observation. :)

I want the Shenmue farm simulator, Shenmoo. HAHAHAHA

I liked it. I still play it, kinda, off and on, when I'm too bored to masturbate. One of my guilty pleasures, you could say.

*ahem*

But I think they need to focus their energies into finishing the actual series instead of making it online. Since it was sort of a life-simulation RPG (I made that one up myself ;)), I can only imagine this being a sort of pretty looking chat room where people know karate.

Griffith

Maybe Shenmue just wasn't advertised well enough...

"Shenmue: When you're too bored to masturbate!"

We have a winner. 8)

-Griff

P.S. I forget, could you masturbate in Shenmoo?

"Griffith No More!" said:
For a game that bombed big harry nuts and possibly brought about the end of the Dreamcast (that's not at all fair, but it's funny =), they sure do like to keep making Shenmue games. Just an observation. :)

I want the Shenmue farm simulator, Shenmoo. HAHAHAHA

I don't think the game bombed. I remember when the game first came out for the Dreamcast it was in the top 10 most bought games in America which was reported in Gamepro's magazine. It must have sold good enough if SEGA felt to warrant a sequel and now to be an online game.

Griffith

ZODDGUTS said:
I don't think the game bombed. I remember when the game first came out for the Dreamcast it was in the top 10 most bought games in America which was reported in Gamepro's magazine. It must have sold good enough if SEGA felt to warrant a sequel and now to be an online game.

Well, it apparently sold 460 thousand copies in the US, which isn't bad, but I still remember the developers being dissapointed; they had all these plans for many games or arcs or whatever but that it was all getting compressed, if released at all. Or maybe that was me and my friends dissapointment at how painfully boring the game was; I think I'm still the only one that finished it out of duty to the family (they did buy it for me after all). Who would have thought the game about dialing phone numbers and getting a job wouldn't sell like Sonic? Not having an ending sure helped too. I would buy those sequels; I really wanted to ask more people endless stupid questions, dial phone numbers, get more jobs and play annoying mini-games before button-mashing my way to victory in absurd Kung Fu battles, but... I'm not that big a fan. =)

Oltobaz

Cancer no Deathmask
The Shenmues were actually very cool. I liked all the sub games, and how you could get your records on the internet (only in the first one), the story was compelling, and basically the games were just amazing looking. And of course there were all these Sega toys to find...
Sure, it was not action-packed like Sonic, but to call it boring...the fights scenes weren't that bad either, there
just weren't enough of them!
With that said, I'm not a big fan of mmorpgs, but it's good to know Sega didn't give up on this series. From what I understand, that game isn't supposed to sell outside of China anytime soon, though. Well I hope this game will be a success, cause if it is, they may finally finally release Shenmue 3!!

Top Bottom