Zodd's Conflict and betrayal

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Well I have been thinking about this for a while-

Does Zodd truly want to fight under griffith like the other apostles? We alredy know that he is not like the others and doesn't just kill to kill or to feed. Zodd bowing down to Griffith is kinda out of charecter in Zodd's part. Especially with Gut's and Zodd's fight on the hill of the swords, Zodd's expression really has to say somthing here...

(note for all you idiots out there, its right to left)

GutsZodd1356.gif

Is it just me or is that a face of sadness, probably the only sad expression Zodd has had thoughout the whole manga?! I used to believe Rashkas would be the first to betray Griffith (the who will betray griff thread), but now I think it will be Zodd.

Some also say that he fights under griffith because he is the absolute one or the strongest fighter. I think he serves griffith because he must. Just like Ganishka said, serving him is like being next to a god. Its like Zodd just doing his duty.

What do you guys think?

well i think zodd obviously knows something we dont,

i dont think his plan is to intentionally betray griffith,

his plan is to find the strongest one,

he must think that hanging around griffith will bring the strong one to him,

he might htink that will be guts one day or even sk,

or he might even know,

but i think since hes immortal, hes just bidding his time,

thats all he has anyways,

then one day..........

- c  8)

I mentioned this before

Smith said:
I dont like Zodd being killed by Guts but rather him being defeated by Guts and after that he would follow his band as he is now convinced that Guts is the real USO he is looking for...

Maybe it was my post that prompt you this question ;D

That looks somewhat more like a daze to me. But it has gone through my mind (when Zodd was sitting on the bodys before griffith breaks his horn) that he feels someone bored because he has cheated death. Maybe even guilty. Zodds past life is a mystery and wouldn't surprise me if Miura never revealed it. Who did he sacrifice? Who was he? How old is he? What is his tie with SK? We'll probably never know.

I

Italian_demon

DemonX said:
Well I have been thinking about this for a while-

Does Zodd truly want to fight under griffith like the other apostles? We alredy know that he is not like the others and doesn't just kill to kill or to feed. Zodd bowing down to Griffith is kinda out of charecter in Zodd's part. Especially with Gut's and Zodd's fight on the hill of the swords, Zodd's expression really has to say somthing here...

(note for all you idiots out there, its right to left)

GutsZodd1356.gif

Is it just me or is that a face of sadness, probably the only sad expression Zodd has had thoughout the whole manga?! I used to believe Rashkas would be the first to betray Griffith (the who will betray griff thread), but now I think it will be Zodd.

Some also say that he fights under griffith because he is the absolute one or the strongest fighter. I think he serves griffith because he must. Just like Ganishka said, serving him is like being next to a god. Its like Zodd just doing his duty.

What do you guys think?

This is very interesting!
If Miura intentionally wanted to show Zodd not really enthusiasm to execute Griffit orders, we'll certainly find out in the future, maybe next time Guts meets him?
Anyway i wonder why some personages that seems to be good and wise are working for Griffit!! That they know something we don't about Griffit or are they working for him to eventually betrey him at the right moment as at the moment they know that can't beat him?

We'll see ;)

Looks more like a stone-faced "You'll have to get through me first."
I think Zodd is too honorable to betray anyone. He seems to have a very close relationship with the Godhand, so he may not believe they are the ultimate strong ones and could just be serving out of a sense of duty. But I highly doubt betrayal. If it comes down to it, Zodd will fight the ultimate strong one, even if he knows he will lose, before he dishonors himself.

DarkBlademaster

Denial said:
I think Zodd is too honorable to betray anyone. He seems to have a very close relationship with the Godhand

Well first, he let guts go free after the eclipes because he survived. I dont really think he cares much for the godhand, they are just the big bosses that tell him what to do.

I dont like Zodd being killed by Guts but rather him being defeated by Guts and after that he would follow his band as he is now convinced that Guts is the real USO he is looking for...

I seriously can't, no matter how hard I try, picture Zodd as one of the "good guys" and following guts band around. Puck + Zodd = Somthing not good. Instead, maybe he goes lone ranger again, and kills apostles and humans alike?

Zodds past life is a mystery and wouldn't surprise me if Miura never revealed it. Who did he sacrifice? Who was he? How old is he? What is his tie with SK? We'll probably never know.

I dont think miura will go to the extent on who did zodd sacrifice or how old he was, but im 100% that miura will tell us how he knows SK, since he is probably linked to SK's past as well.

bph said:
Something about a person using Hawks scans calling people viewing his posts idiots strikes me as funny.

idiot

bph said:
Something about a person using Hawks scans calling people viewing his posts idiots strikes me as funny.
Why is he an idiot? Because he likes Berserk so that he reads scans because he doesn't feel like waiting for Dark Horse? Maybe he doesn't have the money to buy the manga and read translations. Jesus Christ, because people read english-translated manga they are idiots?

Eh, sorry, I haven't had such a hot day.

DemonX said:
I seriously can't, no matter how hard I try, picture Zodd as one of the "good guys" and following guts band around. Puck + Zodd = Somthing not good. Instead, maybe he goes lone ranger again, and kills apostles and humans alike?

Like SK? M=Or maybe when times permit he will train himself up to a point where he became as strong as Ganishka and fight GH? ;D

DarkBlademaster

Smith said:
Like SK? M=Or maybe when times permit he will train himself up to a point where he became as strong as Ganishka and fight GH?  ;D

Zodd wouldn't take SK's role or place because that is reserved for... SK ::).

DemonX said:

I admit his expression on his face is a unusual one, prehaps he was wondering how he came to the point of being under Griffith briefly seeing the last time they were together were under very different circumstances, who knows. I however don't believe for a second that he is primarily serving him out of duty or obligation.
For one Wild has already stated that a Apostle can do whatever they want, and secondly Ganishka has made clear that a job like serving the Hawk is a honor greater than prehaps any other for non humans which is why it is the closest thing to being beside God. Thats why Apostles are drawn to Griffith.

10-4 said:
but i think since hes immortal, hes just bidding his time,

I don't believe he is immortal at all, just a very strong Apostle. His life span is perfectly reasonable for the average Apostle which is said to be why he was given the name in the first place. There is no reason to suggest that he is anything else, aside the rumours that he comes back when presumed dead but what are the chances of people managing to taking him down for him to come back to life in the first place? Unlikely so I believe they were probably nothing more than rumours to be told to the people who nothing but the physical world.

Jon Schaffer said:
Why is he an idiot? Because he likes Berserk so that he reads scans because he doesn't feel like waiting for Dark Horse?  Maybe he doesn't have the money to buy the manga and read translations. Jesus Christ, because people read english-translated manga they are idiots?

Amen. I will happily buy the volumes that come out but until then it's the scans for me also.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
DemonX said:
It occours to me... Why would this suprise Guts?  I mean, Zodd spared Griff, and Zodd saved Griff, so why wouldn't Zodd join Griff...?   more bad hawks translations!

But Zodd doesn't strike me as perticularly expressive in that frame

DemonX said:
Well first, he let guts go free after the eclipes because he survived. I dont really think he cares much for the godhand, they are just the big bosses that tell him what to do.
Cares a hell of a lot more then Wyld

and perhaps by "immortal" he meant not ageing, rather then complete imunity to death

Majin Tenshi said:
and perhaps by "immortal" he meant not ageing, rather then complete imunity to death
Sparnage said:
I don't believe he is immortal at all, just a very strong Apostle. His life span is perfectly reasonable for the average Apostle which is said to be why he was given the name in the first place. There is no reason to suggest that he is anything else, aside the rumours that he comes back when presumed dead but what are the chances of people managing to taking him down for him to come back to life in the first place? Unlikely so I believe they were probably nothing more than rumours to be told to the people who nothing but the physical world.

I would have to agree with Majin and Sparnage here. All apostles seem to keep the age they are at when they summon godhand and become apostles. And they all seem to live for a very long amount of time until someone like Guts obliterates them. I'm just waiting for Guts to blow Zodds head off with his cannon. Lets see Zodd get out of that.

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...
Jon Schaffer said:
I would have to agree with Majin and Sparnage here. All apostles seem to keep the age they are at when they summon godhand and become apostles. And they all seem to live for a very long amount of time until someone like Guts obliterates them. I'm just waiting for Guts to blow Zodds head off with his cannon. Lets see Zodd get out of that.
and wasn't Zoddo given the title "The Immortal" by the humans who heard or have seen him?

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
I was thinking, and since this is the speculation section, I will share my nonsense about Zodd and Ganashka.

First we more or less know that Void is SK's to defeat.

We know that Guts Opposes Griffith.

Maybe Zodd secretly is against one of the godhand say either ubik or conrad, which may be a reason he has let Guts leave the eclipse.  Also Maybe one of these godhands' manipulation sent Zodd on his quest for the USO.  But I don't know what I'm saying. ::)

Lastly perhaps Ganashka Also Has A grudge against a particular godhand.  But here I have nothing, so I'll shut up here.

This was only thought because I was thinking about "The godhand should all die."  and This way everyone except one godhand would have someone to oppose them.  Sorry For my babbling. :-\

Eddie said:
and wasn't Zoddo given the title "The Immortal" by the humans who heard or have seen him?
Yes.

Top Bottom