Athens

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Sparnage said:
Why bother, Australia's fucked. :'(

I don't know, you would know the Australian team better than I would (I only have some box scores to go by), but it looks to me like they're both pretty inconsistant. Anything could happen; that's scary in a sport where we used to win by 30 points. Here's a great article on U.S.A. Basketball and how it's another signal in the decline of American civilization. It was all we had left, and now it's gone too. ;)

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/faceoff/040817/part1

Sparnage said:
Incidentally if we don't say "G'day mate" or talk about putting shrimp on the BBQ in at least once in 4 conversations a day we start getting rashes, no seriously!

My friend Sean would hang around this hot Austrian exchange student and would always do those jokes around her just to be doubly an ass. "G'day mate, I'm Austrian, oh no, a dingo ate my baby! Looks like I need to put some shrimp on the barbee!" Yeah, he fucked her. ;D

Sparnage said:
Why bother, Australia's fucked. :'(

Don't get too pesimistic.  So what if Gaze won't be playing.  He was getting old anyways.  Besides, you've got Shane Heal. ;D  In all seriousness, the US team has proven to be very beatable.

Incidentally if we don't say "G'day mate" or talk about putting shrimp on the BBQ in at least once in 4 conversations a day we start getting rashes, no seriously!

If my memory of Outback Steakhouse commercials is correct, I believe the proper expression is, "but another shimp on the barbie mate."  You aren't supposed to use the term BBQ; get it right!

Edit: Damn.  Beaten...by like 14 minutes.  I think there's something wrong with my internet.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Hahha, it was actually pretty funny, but when our ships pulled into Darwin (The Ghetto) we saw that they had a pizza hut, we ended up buying out their food for the next 3 days, it was funny because you would see the pizza person with like 24 boxes of pizza, it was good times... good times... then we went to brisbane were we went ape shit. man I love australian woman, ass and tits... ass and tits..... ::sigh:: Is Hotel L.A. or Califrornia still around there?

Griffith

Team U.S.A. was awesome at times in the second half. Like, actual good looking basketball, not just fancy shit that results in turnovers. Best game played overall by them yet, total domination in the fourth. Aussies that were 75% from three point land in the first half were afraid to shoot.

But, the true challenges still await.

Expect to see more Lebron, he's wearing the right numbers afterall. And Duncan had an awesome facial on a guy in the fourth, his crotch literally flew in the defenders face! "USA!" Hahaha!

I'm surprised we were winning for as long as we did during that game, rest assured it was no surprise that we lost that one. Basketball was never our thing despite having a few Australians in the NBA.

We still have some swimming matches to win like the 1500 freestyle and such, not going to bad though currently at least.
I believe this is the current olympic medal table of gold, silver and bronze;

United States 14 11 10 
China            14  9   6 
Japan             9  4   2 
Australia         7  5   7 
Ukraine           5  1   1 
Italy               4  5   3 
France            4  3   4 
Germany         4  2   7 
Russia            3  8  10 
Turkey           3  0   1

Statistics taken in 2003:

USA      293,027,571 people

China  1,286,975,468 people

Japan    127,214,499 people

Australia is around 20,000,000 people, I'm just glad we are doing this well.

Anyone know if the Gymnastic finals are over yet? I would be disappointed to find out I missed them, and something tells me they have already come and gone.

JeffC said:
go Canada :*(

No, yall can't have any gold medals.  This is the summer games.  But don't you worry.  Last time I checked, people that live in the vast, frozen wastelands of the north seem to do alright in the winter games.

nomedal.jpg

Bump

Well today is a very sad day for me.  The US women's volleyball team just lost.  Why would I be so despondant over such a seemingly unimportant event?  Well I no longer get to stare at this gorgeous woman in action:

LoganTom.jpg

Farewell Logan Tom.  If God answers my prayers, I may someday see you again playing pro beach volleyball.  Hopefully before you start looking old, manish and wrinkley like alot of the other women's beach volleyball players.

Well, Carrie Tollofson; it’s up to you to keep my hopes alive for watching beautiful but obscure American female athletes compete at the Olympics.

Griffith

nomedal2.jpg

Or any medal for that matter. Spain goes from being the #1 team to playing for 7th place. USA USA! ;D

Those Europeon coaches sure aren't very good sportsmen either. 8)

I'd be pissed too though, Team USA played an amazing game, seemingly at will, after playing like chumps in the pool round. But they're still going to need to play a more solid and dominating game to beat the likes of Lithuania. I don't think there's going to be a repeat of today's 3 point shooting in the USA's future to save the day; except maybe on the opposing team.

Griffith

UPDATE:

nomedal.jpg

Argentina 89, USA 81

Indeed.​

It looks like it's going to be Argentina Vs. Lithuania (unless Italy upsets) in the Gold medal game. I'm rooting for Lithuania.

"Griffith No More!" said:
I'd be pissed too though, Team USA played an amazing game, seemingly at will, after playing like chumps in the pool round. But they're still going to need to play a more solid and dominating game to beat the likes of Lithuania. I don't think there's going to be a repeat of today's 3 point shooting in the USA's future to save the day; except maybe on the opposing team.

You can't help but feel sorry for the losing team when they come so close, must be alot harder for them to lose knowing all they needed was a tad more to win.

Oh and have you found the Olympic editorial of yours yet, Griff?

Griffith

Sparnage said:
Oh and have you found the Olympic editorial of yours yet, Griff?

No, I'll have to get it from my old editor (if he saved all that old shit). But the games are almost over now anyway.

The Dragon Reborn said:
more more USA gold. Bleh.  Ok, when does the nba season start so i can see my Lakers rip apart the West. :p

I think it's going to be the other way around without Shaq. But, it'll be interesting.

Griffith

Mage said:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5845326/

Well, Duh.

Nice editorial oversimplifying the situation, though.

Wow, Italy beat Lithuania, ha! I mean, this was the likely Gold medal game before yesterday. This U.S. team is cursed; even winning the bronze, they'll have to think about how close they really got to the gold. And poor Lithuania, last time they were a 3 pointer away from history, I really thought this was their time to shine.

Well, final scores for the medals.

United States        35 39 29
China                   32 17 14 
Russia                  27 27 37 
Australia               17 16 16 
Japan                   16   9 12 
Germany               14 16 18 
France                   11  9 13 
Italy                     10 11 12 
Korea, South           9 12   9 
United Kingdom       9  9  11 

Hmmmm......