DO you want Gatts to live or die in the end?

Herald of Yama

"It is pure Potential"
Actually, I'd prefer to see the Beast die along with Griffith. Guts would be a wreck, of course, and retire to Elfheim with Casca for good. The story then concludes with some introspection from an ANCIENT Schierke, and the last panel is Skull Knight fading into the darkness.

Oh, and Puck is revered by all. Just don't ask why...

in my opinion that would be horrible and anti-Miura,

just to have a fairy tale happy skullknight in the sunset ending,

whatever it will be whether happy, or sad,

or he leaves just enough of a gap to make Bersek 2(fingers crossed ;D),

i dont think the words guts and retiring will appear in the ending,

hopefully guts and pissed off will appear :D,

just my thoughts

- c  :)

Herald of Yama

"It is pure Potential"
I never said it was a HAPPY introspection, did I? Hell, way I see it, I predicted a dull, depressing, world-ends-with-a-whimper-not-a-bang kind of ending.

1. Griffith's dead. woo-hoo. Idea's not. It'll start over.

2. Guts is permanently crippled. He'll never raise the DS again.

3. Schierke is remembering all this from long ago, and comparing it to the current events in the world around her. The spiral of Causality is coming around to bite her in the ass.

4. Skull Knight is fading away from the world for good. He's not recruiting another 'struggler'.

In summary, the world is fucked, and we, the lucky reader, won't have to witness the carnage.

p.s. You'll never know why Puck is revered-nor will you care.

hmmm,

interesting idea, i never thought of it that way,

oh well, only miura will tell ;D,

- c  :-X

10-4 said:
oh well, only miura will tell ;D,
- c  :-X
He did, he said it would be a rather "happy" ending. Correct me if I'm wrong however.

IMO I would like to see Guts die. All good stories have the main character die; Star Wars, Gladiator, Cowboy Bebop, ect.

I

Italian_demon

Jon the Madman said:
He did, he said it would be a rather "happy" ending. Correct me if I'm wrong however.

IMO I would like to see Guts die. All good stories have the main character die; Star Wars, Gladiator, Cowboy Bebop, ect.

If i'm not wrong he didn't say "Happy", he said something like the End wouldn't be a "negative End" ;)

Kyosuke

Azumanga Berserkoh!
Italian_demon said:
If i'm not wrong he didn't say "Happy", he said something like the End wouldn't be a "negative End" ;)

I think he was trying to say he's not going 'cause mass suicides amongst Berserk fans with the ending.

Anyway I have a feeling Guts will:

1.) Go out like a Berserker should as was described in:Ch.242 Pg.11 when Serpico says, "... According to legend those who were called a Berserker were an object of fear not only for the enemy but for allies as well, not because the allies felt fear in the severity of the battle but because anything near it enemy ro ally it is said that it would kill."
In other words when he goes out he's takin' everyone with him. And Guts being Guts will probably end up surviving since he is the "struggler".

2.) I think one way or another he's going to end Idea or imposed destiny and free everyone to live as they want to live without "outside" meddling.

I

Italian_demon

Kyosuke said:
2.) I think one way or another he's going to end Idea or imposed destiny and free everyone to live as they want to live without "outside" meddling.

I really hope something like this!
I don't like open stories that Ends with a kind... "and the Story Continues".....
I wonder if the main point is to destroy the Behelits that could be the connection between IDEA and the human World as IDEA can't be destroyed (unless we destroy the humans all together.... lol..) Guts and SK could just cut him/it off from the human World sealing him/it to the Abyss!

;)

Opie

The Sex Icon
I kinda want Guts to end up a hermit. Ya know cutting himself off from all his friends so his berserker nature won't ever threatn' them.

Italian_demon said:
Guts and SK could just cut him/it off from the human World sealing him/it to the Abyss!

Good speculation i like them, but you left out Schierke... Anyway i sincerely hope it take place be4 Guts and Griffith had their ultimate showdown... Cutting Griff off his spiritual power of casuality (or the fate of his which is not suppose to be hit by anything) from Idea, But nevertheless Griffith was still hella powerful (Just that he was alone this time) and he fight the one on one final battle with Guts which last 1 whole vol, eventually both of them died of injuries...

At this point sane Caska arrived but it was too late, the last panel of Berserk showing her crying in agony over the 2 bodies and SK shadow could be seen atop the mountain background with the full moon (very similar to the last page of 236)...

both of them die of injuries?

but jon and the italian demon said a non-negative ending,

unless the miura trick-all scheme is progressing! ???,

but i myself would like to see guts live,

and then start kicking ass somewhere else,

just my opinion ;D,

- c

just a question related to the topic sorta,

but miura chose to take idea out of the manga,

do you think thats permanently or just to wait? ???

just a question i was thinking about,

i was thinking how it could go both ways :-\,

what do you think? ???

if idea was created by man,

couldnt man live without idea?

kinda like a car, men could live without a car,

a little more inconvienent, but none the less,

just a thought :)

- c

Kyosuke

Azumanga Berserkoh!
Jon the Madman said:
Man created Idea. There is no end.

So? Just because man created it doesn't mean we couldn't destroy it. In fact we may be the only ones capable of doing so. Like 10-4 said there is nothing to indicate that we couldn't live without Idea only that it would be less convient not to have humanities deepest feeling manifested for us by some psuedo psychic gesalt.

Lets face it, human kind is adaptable and I personally think that we could adapt to the loss of Idea.

Kyosuke said:
Lets face it, human kind is adaptable and I personally think that we could adapt to the loss of Idea.
Lets see mankind drop Buddha, Shiva, or God. The belief of mankind cannot just change. What makes you think that the men in Berserk even know about Idea? I doubt Guts does as well.

I

Italian_demon

10-4 said:
just a question related to the topic sorta,

but miura chose to take idea out of the manga,

do you think thats permanently or just to wait? ???

just a question i was thinking about,

i was thinking how it could go both ways :-\,

what do you think? ???

if idea was created by man,

couldnt man live without idea?

kinda like a car, men could live without a car,

a little more inconvienent, but none the less,

just a thought :)

- c

The concept of Idea in mentioned also later, so i think Miura just deleted the Chapter just cause it was saying to much about the whole concept of the Manga and too early!

I

Italian_demon

Jon the Madman said:
Lets see mankind drop Buddha, Shiva, or God. The belief of mankind cannot just change. What makes you think that the men in Berserk even know about Idea? I doubt Guts does as well.

Right!
Guts doesn't know yet about IDEA and probably he won't untill he and Scherky won't meet Elfs King!
IDEA can't be defeated unless we won't stop all the negative feelings that the humans get suffering, so itself it won't never disappear..... but what i have the theory that the connection between IDEA and the human World are the Behelit!
I wonder if SK (that is collecting all the Behelits he find) and Guts after destroying Griffit will destroy all the Behelits will cut off Idea from the real World, as without a Behelit is not possible to open the dimentional door of the Spiritual World and is not possible for IDEA to create new Apostles or GHs!

Italian_demon said:
Right!
Guts doesn't know yet about IDEA and probably he won't untill he and Scherky won't meet Elfs King!
IDEA can't be defeated unless we won't stop all the negative feelings that the humans get suffering, so itself it won't never disappear..... but what i have the theory that the connection between IDEA and the human World are the Behelit!
I wonder if SK (that is collecting all the Behelits he find) and Guts after destroying Griffit will destroy all the Behelits will cut off Idea from the real World, as without a Behelit is not possible to open the dimentional door of the Spiritual World and is not possible for IDEA to create new Apostles or GHs!
Hmm... you have a very interesting theory there. But since Idea controls fate don't you think that he already knew this would happen? If Idea makes behelits then if you destroyed them all it would just make more. The Idea isn't evil if you think about it. If I had to compare it to anything I would imagine The Architect from The Matrix. Sorry if I'm not making any sense, I be tired. :eek:

I

Italian_demon

Jon the Madman said:
Hmm... you have a very interesting theory there. But since Idea controls fate don't you think that he already knew this would happen? If Idea makes behelits then if you destroyed them all it would just make more. The Idea isn't evil if you think about it. If I had to compare it to anything I would imagine The Architect from The Matrix. Sorry if I'm not making any sense, I be tired.  :eek:

My point is:
1) We don't know who created the Behelit yet, since this have been never mentioned!
So we don't know 100% if Idea created them or a Magic user intended to give to Idea the possibility to express Itself!
2) IDEA is not GOD! Yes it's an incredible powerful Entity, but IDEA didn't created the World, as it's an Entity created by the Human common cosciences....it can't control the destiny 100% as it's not the God that created the World, it can just influence it by influencing the human consciences and certainly it has thousands of Years of experience but it's not perfect, as it's not perfect what he can create in my opinion, otherwise the Apostles would be unbeatable and same for the GHs...... but Griffit to reincarn had to use as a vessel the body of GUts son (his opponent)... I'd not define it an happy choise!
;)

Kyosuke

Azumanga Berserkoh!
Jon the Madman said:

I'm talking about subconciously. Oh yeah and btw since were talking about forgotten dieties and our ability to cope without them, I imagine the several hundred (if not thousands) or dieties that have been forgotten or tranasformed into aspects in other religions (Satan anyone?), is a fairly good indication that yes we could survive the loss of a particular diety, wether it is Shiva, Buddha or God. But this is all pointless specualtion anyway since you missed the point of my post.

Everyone from Guts to Kings and Queens to the lowliest peon may not know about Idea, but they can feel its affects and are subject to its power. This "causality" comes in the form of direct representations of mankinds inner-most emotions and feelings, affecting everyone both indirectly and directly. Its this outside influence that I was refering to, and that the loss of IT, which would subsequently allow each and every person to mainfest thier OWN feelings and desires on a much more personal level, was and is what I was trying to point out by refering adaptablity in the face of Idea's loss. Its the whole "Free Will" vs. "Destiny" thing that I'm talking about, excluding the religion altogether as it doesn't really weigh into the discussion.

Btw: I'm realizing some of Berserks deeper stuff has a very "Jung" feeling to it (Carl Jung being Sigmund Freud pupil and the founder of the "mass unconcious" theory)
BtwEDIT: In my earlier posts I was refering to the loss of ideas influence amongst mankind, as it was stated earlier it would be very difficult (if not impossible) to destroy or do away with such a huge repistory of negative emotion, but perhaps it would be possible to "starve" it. Say in the form of sealing makind form its influence, making it unable to "feed" on mankinds emotions and in turn unable to affect mankinds emotions to provide it with sustance. Its just a thought.

I

Italian_demon

10-4 said:
both of them die of injuries?

but jon and the italian demon said a non-negative ending,

unless the miura trick-all scheme is progressing! ???,

but i myself would like to see guts live,

and then start kicking ass somewhere else,

just my opinion ;D,

- c

Not negative way, it means that the Humanity won't be destroyed or Kinda... Not the Guts will be living and happy ;)

I

Italian_demon

there is also another final that i was wondering about!

Involves Griffith+vessel (Guts-Caska kid):
The prophecy says that: the white sheep (I suppose Griffith) will bring to the earth the Black sheep (I suppose IDEA).
Now my question is: What the Black Sheep will do to the White Sheep once it won't be needed anymore??
If what I think is right Idea is tricking Griffith, giving him the illusion he's gonna get his own Country, but more likely after Griffith will success into the process of Melting the two Worlds (as the prophecy then says: "when the Sky will fall down, there will appear the Shepard", I can't remember the exact words now!): Idea will probably just drop Griffith down like a "used Kleenex"!
Maybe one scenario could be that in the very End he will release it and it will happen a Griffith (with his powers)+Guts against Idea (well maybe not as friends but Griffith could turn against IDEA and help Guts to kill it or just letting Guts killing himself, this will Stop IDEA while he's reincarning before the process is completed or similar?) at the same time SK against Void+other GHs
I still don't see Griffith as the image of Idea of Evil, as the supreme Demon but as the White Sheep, he's gonna release his Dream, but what will happen when he will release this is Idea's Dream and not his own Dream and that he've just been used?

;)

I

Italian_demon

OK i found it!
It's Said: The blind King of the White Sheep serves as a shepard to the VILLANY of the Black Sheep....

So i guess the Blind King is Griffit!
He's not aware of what he's really doing for what is my Guess!

Top Bottom