Has Griffiths proved himself?

I'm trying to remember if Griffiths has proved to be incredibly strong... I just remember him killing one leader guy with his sword and that's about it. BTW, I'm talking about reborn Griffiths. I mean, I know he must be super powerful being a GH member that was reborn and all, but everyone says how he is the #1 strongest character in the series now but he really hasn't proved he improved that much since the Golden Age... Dunno, perhaps I'm missing something...

Well your missing the part where all the arrows were fired at him before Apostles came from everywhere to support him and every single one missed him, I don't think that was a coincidence.
Also missing when Skullknight has also said there is outside the real world and little or no people are a threat to him. A Magic user is believed to be much more of a threat than an army of 10,000 which is also said by Skully, I guess it has something to do with being on the same wavelength as him is when one can be a threat to him.

Long story short he is probably the most powerful being on earth currently and certainly far more powerful than ever before.

OK, I forgot about the arrows, hehe. Alright then, he is super powerful. Just sorta wanted to see him do something really really amazing (like wave a hand and wipe out an entire army).

nir085

Horse and Armor
Sparnage said:
Well your missing the part where all the arrows were fired at him before Apostles came from everywhere to support him and every single one missed him, I don't think that was a coincidence.
Also missing when Skullknight has also said there is outside the real world and little or no people are a threat to him. A Magic user is believed to be much more of a threat than an army of 10,000 which is also said by Skully, I guess it has something to do with being on the same wavelength as him is when one can be a threat to him.
That doesn't necessarily mean he is incredibly strong in terms of brute force, he just may be very much in tune with some kind of [reborn] Godhand power. (Void deflecting Skull Knight's blade comes to mind.) Or magic. Possibly why a magic user is such a big threat to him.

Long story short he is probably the most powerful being on earth currently and certainly far more powerful than ever before.
Not necessarily. Saying that he is the strongest at this point in this story is basically as good a guess as saying half of the other characters are the strongest in the story. Sure he plowed through hundreds of Kushans in those glorious Apostlefests, but he did the same with the Chuder soldiers. But if you mean "most powerful" as in "most powerful" and not in terms of fighting strength, then yeah, of course. If Griffith is the toughest Apostle of them all, why would Zodd have to be the BoTH secret service?

Akito Tenkawa said:
Just sorta wanted to see him do something really really amazing (like wave a hand and wipe out an entire army).
I wouldn't be surprised if something like that happens a little bit later on. Maybe not something that extreme, but the time will surely come where something along those lines will happen.

DemonX said:
Dont forget, he beat zodd too.
True, but that part was a little bit ambiguous in an enigmatic sort of way. It also took place when Griffith was Femto, not Femto reborn.

nir085 said:
That doesn't necessarily mean he is incredibly strong in terms of brute force, he just may be very much in tune with some kind of [reborn] Godhand power. (Void deflecting Skull Knight's blade comes to mind.) Or magic. Possibly why a magic user is such a big threat to him.

Not necessarily. Saying that he is the strongest at this point in this story is basically as good a guess as saying half of the other characters are the strongest in the story. Sure he plowed through hundreds of Kushans in those glorious Apostlefests, but he did the same with the Chuder soldiers. But if you mean "most powerful" as in "most powerful" and not in terms of fighting strength, then yeah, of course. If Griffith is the toughest Apostle of them all, why would Zodd have to be the BoTH secret service?

My definition of being strong in this case is his power he has to crush other beings. Seeing he is a Demon king reborn on top of his original power as a human before the Eclipse, and how Skully has already said something along the lines of there may not be anyone powerful enough to touch him then you could call that strength. Brute force for him is probably hardly even an issue for him now.

Rayyantis

The Black Swordsman
Akito Tenkawa said:
OK, I forgot about the arrows, hehe.  Alright then, he is super powerful.  Just sorta wanted to see him do something really really amazing (like wave a hand and wipe out an entire army).
Yeah... I want to see that too... ^____^

I want him to fight Gutts and have revenge and kick his ass... Then SK will lend Gutts some secrets and stuff then Gutts will become soooo powerful....

YEAH BABY.... ^_________^

Opie

The Sex Icon
I think with Griffith its that he's never SUPPOSED to get hit by anything. Causality won't allow it. Where as all the other enemies GUts faced off with were tough and had some skill with Griffith it seems kinda differnt. How does your sword hit something that its not fated to hit?

Miyu

I'm smiling on the inside.
Opie said:
How does your sword hit something that its not fated to hit?

By destorying the fate that protects him first? I can't prove this, but it's just a thought. 8)

Volume 28, Chapter 1:

Skull Knight to Guts - "The Hawk is now something that is outside the reasons of the real world.  There is not a single one who threatens him in the real world.  It is like in a tale where the people would challenge those who bind them.  To challenge and touch the Hawk, you too must be outside the tale."

I think that pretty much says that Griffith is infact all powerful.  Plus it's comming from the all knowing Skull Knight.

Sparnage said:
there may not be anyone powerful enough to touch him then you could call that strength. Brute force for him is probably hardly even an issue for him now.

dwarfkicker said:
To challenge and touch the Hawk, you too must be outside the tale."

This is where i believe that Beast Guts might get the chance to hit him... First of all by tranforming into a Beast he is no longer human which also imply that he too is outside the tale... Secondly as we see how agressive the Beast is, I really dont think anything will stop him as he might even be immune to magic for all we know (save for Scherike ones which save him by bringing back his sense, for Griffith i doubt he will stop him through that way, by doing will only aggrevate Guts anger more ;))

Well Guts has to hit Griffith some time in the future right? Otherwise how is this story going to end? ::)

Smith said:
This is where i believe that Beast Guts might get the chance to hit him... First of all by tranforming into a Beast he is no longer human which also imply that he too is outside the tale... Secondly as we see how agressive the Beast is, I really dont think anything will stop him as he might even be immune to magic for all we know (save for Scherike ones which save him by bringing back his sense, for Griffith i doubt he will stop him through that way, by doing will only aggrevate Guts anger more  ;))

Well Guts has to hit Griffith some time in the future right? Otherwise how is this story going to end?  ::)

Guts probably isn't good enough with even the Berserker armor even, every few years he seems to become more powerful from what he originally was, first it was clearly shown with his swords getting bigger and bigger throughout the series, then it was using the Dragonslayer better and better and now the potential to take his abilitys up a notch, but I don't believe it will end there if he truely has a chance at killing a demon king. Besides the series doesn't appear to be nearing to a end, so that makes the chances of him having time to get stronger rise further. 

Also he needs magic, and I think Schierke (if not another magic user) will be essential to helping Guts reside outside the tale. I think volume 27 was a essential time to find out Griffiths weak point, so with that and Guts's power on a much higher level will they truely have a chance at killing Griffith.

Opie

The Sex Icon
Well I'd be more worried about the Idea of evil than Griffith. Without Idea and the Godhand Griffith is just another human in the real world. Kill Idea and the Godhand and no ones protecting Griffith or even ensuring his military victories.

Sparnage said:
first it was clearly shown with his swords getting bigger and bigger throughout the series,

I agree with you in that sense but then it seemed to have shrink back to the orginial size recently... Perhap in the story DS had never grown before... The reason it look bigger might be because of looking at different angles... And drawing too changed at time... you cant always draw and maintain that standard

Back to the topic, I believe you saying that Guts is no match for Griffith, not even in the next few years even with intensive training... Therefore what i speculate is that the whole band of Guts might just join together to fight a lone Griffith, With Schierke and Serp a powerful backup while Farnese Isidro and most important CASKA act like a form of distraction... Of coz when the ultimate battle end i believe everyone will be dead except for Griffith and Guts who were critically injured... Then guts pain might transform him into more powerful version of Beast and slay Griffith, killing himself too in the process...

I think Griffith's powerful enough without needing the help of the other members of God Hand. Femto's just transmigrated into a physical body. I don't think his powers are limited just because he's hiding in a human body.

dwarfkicker said:
Volume 28, Chapter 1:

Skull Knight to Guts - "The Hawk is now something that is outside the reasons of the real world. There is not a single one who threatens him in the real world. It is like in a tale where the people would challenge those who bind them. To challenge and touch the Hawk, you too must be outside the tale."

I think that pretty much says that Griffith is infact all powerful. Plus it's comming from the all knowing Skull Knight.

But didn't SK say that he and Guts are like fish in the water, they can jump out at times? Wouldn't that make Guts and SK the only people able to harm Griffiths? Dunno, I'm prolly missing something here...

Kyosuke

Azumanga Berserkoh!
I think your all missing the point, the reason why he hasn't revealed all of his "ZOMG SUPAR UBAR POWAZ!" is becasue he has never need too. There's nothing in the world thats a large enough threat to that merits him doing so. Thus going back to what was earlier poitned out by dwarfkicker when he quoted, Skull Knight to Guts - "The Hawk is now something that is outside the reasons of the real world.  There is not a single one who threatens him in the real world.  It is like in a tale where the people would challenge those who bind them.  To challenge and touch the Hawk, you too must be outside the tale."

Or at least he hasn't faced anything that merited him using an large percent of his true powers...yet. Obviously there's something he knows about magic users to cause him to fear them and consider a witch more of a threat than a 10,000 man army. So just a little speculation on my part but as it seems Griffith is most afraid of magic and magic users in this world and the current paragon of that offered so far being the elven King Hana (not going to mess with the rest of his name) I'm guessing that there might be something more to Guts and the gang being drawn to him than just random chance. But thats again just specualtion.

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
Strength is hard to determine, since we have not seen any actual attacks made by a God hand member, except Void's Mirror Sheild. But it does appear Void is the leader, and as such must have gotten there some way, either by age, power and strength, or through his cunning. So it is safe to assume he is the most powerful, but remember assume makes an ass of u and me. ;D

I

Italian_demon

Kyosuke said:
Or at least he hasn't faced anything that merited him using an large percent of his true powers...yet. Obviously there's something he knows about magic users to cause him to fear them and consider a witch more of a threat than a 10,000 man army. So just a little speculation on my part but as it seems Griffith is most afraid of magic and magic users in this world and the current paragon of that offered so far being the elven King Hana (not going to mess with the rest of his name) I'm guessing that there might be something more to Guts and the gang being drawn to him than just random chance. But thats again just specualtion.

I agree with you, certainly the Elf King will give, not just a help on giving back Caska's heart to herself but very likly he'll give new info and hints to Guts and his group (probably he'll explain and teach some more to Scherkie for example about Idea and the Fifth reincarned powers etc...).
What i think is that SK knows Elfs King and his powers/Knowledge and that he's counting on him to meet Guts!
I think that SK/Flora and maybe Elfs King had a clear plan to beat Idea and they are just executing it!

;)

I

Italian_demon

Kyosuke said:
Thus going back to what was earlier poitned out by dwarfkicker when he quoted, Skull Knight to Guts - "The Hawk is now something that is outside the reasons of the real world.  There is not a single one who threatens him in the real world.  It is like in a tale where the people would challenge those who bind them.  To challenge and touch the Hawk, you too must be outside the tale."

Guts seems to be the hope of SK to beat Griffit and Idea's plans!
I wonder why that fact that he's born in an innatural way makes him to be the "one that can defeat the Destiny plans"!
Maybe cause a baby supposed to die inside her dead mommy, actually didn't die and so he is an Outsider for what was Idea's planned future??
I mean if Guts was supposed to die in the previews Idea's plans but instead he's actually survived and more than once..... he might be the one "unknow variable" that was not previewed by IDEA??

Top Bottom