what if the dragonslayer broke??

Tenshin

penis + man butt = happy homo
hey, i was just glancing at the last chapter and i realised that the new characters that were introduced looked pretty tough, and i also realised that chances are guts will have to fight them if he wants to get to griffith.

i think it would be a very interesting twist if guts' unbeatible dragonslayer were to break or crack during one of the battles. he would be forced to fight for a bit without his big ass sword, hehe. he would also need to find a new weapon, maybe rickert could make one(he has had a lot of exerience considering he filled the feild with swords to honor the hawks)? or maybe the skull knight(who we haven't seen for a while) could step in and tell guts where/how to get a new sword, one that was not made by a mortal?

do any of you think that mirua will ever change guts' sword? if so, what do you think it would look like(it would be awesome if all you artists out there scanned pictures, hehe)? i'm sure he would stick w/ the big sword deal, which is good because i like big swords, hahaha.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
This has came up before, I think general consensus was that the Dragon Slayer is a major symbol of the series and it would be best if Guts got a new Dragon Slayer or got the old one fixed.  I think if it were to break, which would be really cool by the way, Guts would get pretty much the same thing with a few modifications, nothing flashy though.

Overactive Imagination Theory: Olivier said something big was supposed to be happening in the next couple of chapters.  Hmmm, here’s a thought, maybe an Apostle of the sea will break the Dragon Slayer and the Elves will either repair it or give him a new sword; the God Hand Slayer? ;D

See kids, this is what happens when you pervert a bunch miscellaneous facts and ideas so they fit your wacky theory, God Hand slaying swords, pure cheesy gold.

-Griffith

UPDATE: Here’s the BSOM thread where this was originally discussed if anyone cares, the Dragon Slayer discussion starts about 30 posts down.

http://physics.scsu.edu/~jobien/berserk/messageboard/messages/346.html

UPDATE: Here’s the BSOM thread where this was originally discussed if anyone cares, the Dragon Slayer discussion starts about 30 posts down.

http://physics.scsu.edu/~jobien/berserk/messageboard/messages/346.html

that was just before Walter did that whole "fake scans fiasco" aint it?

eh...we got what we deserved...
i believe it was cause we kept asking him when he was gonna scan the next chapter every 2 weeks, and that bothered him. so he did that, and i guess he hasnt had the same problem since then... not sure though, prolly wrong about something...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
eh...we got what we deserved...
i believe it was cause we kept asking him when he was gonna scan the next chapter every 2 weeks, and that bothered him. so he did that, and i guess he hasnt had the same problem since then... not sure though, prolly wrong about something...
Actually I just wanted to see how many people would come out of the woordwork to complain about it. And we got like something around 100 new people to talk. Very amusing. I also wanted to test myself to see if I was under the control of the community or not...and I was in the end, as I did put up 181. But it was for the best.

Also, Griffith about that "big thing" thats supposed to happen next chapter (actually this friday :) ) I (personally) am holding out for a Skull Knight/God Hand conversation. We still dont know Voids 'plan' and I think since we havent seen or heard anything revolutionary from either GH, or SK in like YEARS, it would be a good time to reveal something...

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
That’s certainly more plausible than the sea monster/sword thing, but I don’t like the timing of it at all.  I personally think it would be better if Skully revealed all right before Guts left Elfhelm rather then before he got there, it would suck all the momentum out of that story (can Poopsy the witch and her elvin cohorts really compete with Skully? I think not). But if Skull Knight told Guts as he was leaving to pursue Griffith it would send the plot into overdrive.

Of course, that’s just my opinion, more likely Miura will jerk us around for five more volumes and then kill Skully off without having him reveal jack shit, sound good? ;D

-Griffith

magoamoth

Please... my egg... don't do anything to it... pro
Sk vs GodHand?? Maybe a brainstorming is close.... (debate of Gatts'destiny/implication in GH's plans?)

For my mind, I think actual DragonSlayer is representative of Gatts actual mental situation.
Maybe it is destined to be broken soon.
But Elfes have great powers (healing powers for example) they could potentially upgrade Gatts' equipement (but in myths these are dwarfs who are genious blacksmiths)
Maybe give him a magical horse ( unicorn?) to concurrence SK and Griffith-the god born from flesh- ...
Gatts was an incredible raider fighter in old times with Hawks...

Hurry up Miura!! I'm saying things more and more ridiculous, please, give'em new chapters for years.... :D

fletch

Treading trodden trails for a long, long time.
where'd we get these rumors of "something big" occuring in the next few chapters? i hope they're rigth, but i'm curious about the evidence/foreshadowing.

where'd we get these rumors of "something big" occuring in the next few chapters?

It's not a "rumor", it was announced in Young Animal ("sudden new events", something like that... i don't know how to translate that properly).
Of course, it may be a mere catch phrase...

Tenshin

penis + man butt = happy homo
so how many people think that miura plans on breaking the dragonslayer some time in the next few chapters?

if you don't think he will, why not? and if you do think he will, how do you think guts will get a new sword or get the dragonslayer fixed?

mangykid-cinnaman

Why?? why?? why the slaughter of ewoks?!?! noooooo
oh yeah, while we're supposed to be on the subject of the dragonslayer, did anyone here ever see the movie dragonslayer? it's pretty old, but the weird berserky part was when the king said something about his brother "king gaiseric" freaky, huh?

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider
the dragonslayer must not break lest gatsu changes deeply.
which should not happen (i really hope it won't)
long live the dragonslayer!
can there be anything nigger to wield?
A big cooking spoon?

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider
I don't want him to go soft. He found a pretty good balance between butcher and human now.
It's like what happened to shinta in samurai x.
oh man, what a sad story

eintrigga

Today's Yamaba?
I don't want him to go soft. He found a pretty good balance between butcher and human now.
It's like what happened to shinta in samurai x.
oh man, what a sad story

promise me you'll never mention that accursed title again! kenshin was never a samurai to begin with! he was slaughtering those no-good-pedophiliac-horny-with-abilities-not-worthy-of-reputation-and-respect-bastards-who-would-get-their-ass-kicked-by-knights. *Gasping for air*

you can say Ruouroni Kenshin, the Kenshin Show, RK, Kenshin and his Mawkish story, or god knows what, but please don't bring up that awful awful title...Samurai X !? sounds like a god damn robot show (which i wouldn't have a problem with i guess)

Top Bottom