Fuckin Typhoons suck

Once it would be interesting to see a natural disaster of some kind. Never come close seeing a tornado, nor a typhoon, nor a earthquake. We have floods rarely around but I have never seen one. Hail storms have never been that bad where I am, no lava as a threat or anything.
The most we have to worry about are years of water restrictions because of drought thats been going on for years, but nothing too serious.

Anyway good luck with the typhoon, hope you don't loose any beloved pets or anything.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
The Dragon Reborn said:
Shit, another typhoon coming.  Last time we didnt have power for like 3 fuckin weeks.  No fuckin way. TURN AROUND BITCH!
HAHAHAHA but yea, I remember the typhoon your talking about dude, it hit us and I was stuck in my office for 3 fucking days with no power, food, clean water, or ac... not a good combination when you are looking after servers and what not.... but yea, there are 2 and 1 of them is heading right towards you, the 2nd one is kinda close to Okinawa but I think it will miss us, blah, this has been a shitty typhoon season, I demand my days off! >:(

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
The Dragon Reborn said:
damn. I dont want to live in a neighborhood with drivebys.   I hear Tornados damage just as much as a typhoon does only faster...........
well, they can utterly destroy one house and leave the next one completely untouched... more raw power in a relatively tiny area.

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
HAHAHAHA but yea, I remember the typhoon your talking about dude, it hit us and I was stuck in my office for 3 fucking days with no power, food, clean water, or ac... not a good combination when you are looking after servers and what not.... but yea, there are 2 and 1 of them is heading right towards you, the 2nd one is kinda close to Okinawa but I think it will miss us, blah, this has been a shitty typhoon season, I demand my days off!  >:(

Typhoons are the only reasons why I hate living on a tropical island

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
The Dragon Reborn said:
Shit, another typhoon coming.  Last time we didnt have power for like 3 fuckin weeks. 

I hear ya... altough, the more experience you're country gets in this matter, the faster things get back to normal. I got huricane "Hugo" back in 89 or 90 (can't remember) it took 2 months and a half just to get water and electricity back... from that day foward, we actually got back on track faster and faster the more huricanes kept coming...

Majin_Tenshi

People just ought to start armoring their buildings in bad weather country. Not that you can do much about a tornado, but metal shutters that could be pulled down over windows would do wonders and save you the trouble of boarding them up every time a hurricane comes. Figure out something to do with power lines too...

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Majin Tenshi said:
People just ought to start armoring their buildings in bad weather country.  Not that you can do much about a tornado, but metal shutters that could be pulled down over windows would do wonders and save you the trouble of boarding them up every time a hurricane comes.  Figure out something to do with power lines too...

metal shutters... yes, yet you will be shocked in the amount of people that don't even set them up correctly, casusing them to fly away and hit other houses. :-\

in the Virgin Islands, they actually have powerlines underneath the surfase, the problem is that it is extremely expensive to keep up with the maintenance, and posible dangers of overheating... but quite effective against tornado's and such

Majin_Tenshi

For the metal shutters, I was thinking along the lines of something BUILT INTO THE BUILDING... Like they they slide up or over into the walls when not in use...

SaiyajinNoOuji

Thats why when a huge fucking typhoon hits okinawa nothing really bad gets destroyed. Why? Cause almost everything over here is made from concrete, so the most you have to worry about is water getting in via the windows, thats about it. :-*

Everything is concrete around here on guam. Most have shutters, but the fuckin cars still fly around........lol. and too much fuckin debris after the storm. Plus the damn gov't still hasn't started with underground Powerlines. So the lines are always getteing blown away. Hate that shit

The Dragon Reborn said:
Everything is concrete around here on guam. Most have shutters, but the fuckin cars still fly around........lol.  and too much fuckin debris after the storm. Plus the damn gov't still hasn't started with underground Powerlines.  So the lines are always getteing blown away.  Hate that shit
im surprised you can still use a computer with cars flying around :p

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Majin Tenshi said:
For the metal shutters, I was thinking along the lines of something BUILT INTO THE BUILDING...  Like they they slide up or over into the walls when not in use...
they exist yet are not really that strong... at least 5 years back they could only resist up to 150 mille winds... :-\

Majin_Tenshi

clearly those crappy shutters were designed by some cheapass moron...
and I spose the concrete is good stuff

Bah, if you're gonna get hit by a yearly natural disaster, you should have the sense to build stuff to not break!

SaiyajinNoOuji

Majin Tenshi said:
clearly those crappy shutters were designed by some cheapass moron... 
and I spose the concrete is good stuff

Bah, if you're gonna get hit by a yearly natural disaster, you should have the sense to build stuff to not break!
Thats why people over here in Okinawa do there thing even in typhoons, they really dont care... but if you start to see them go inside... then you know its a bad storm, but hardly anything gets destroyed from a typhoon. Also, about the only thing that shuts down during any typhoon are the american bases over here, which means.... DAYS OFF FOR ME!!!! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! :-* :-* :-* :-*

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Thats why people over here in Okinawa do there thing even in typhoons, they really dont care... but if you start to see them go inside... then you know its a bad storm, but hardly anything gets destroyed from a typhoon. Also, about the only thing that shuts down during any typhoon are the american bases over here, which means.... DAYS OFF FOR ME!!!! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!   :-* :-* :-* :-*
That last typhoon "PAKA" fuckin blew cars across the damn parkin lots in Tumon. (Our tourirst area) It looked like a tornado came thru. WEll, you get used to it after years of living on an island, so yeah like what Saiyajin said, you go about your regular business even with shit flyin around. Ever see a dog fly? haha. I have.

Top Bottom