Berserk voice acting

Sparnage said:
Yeah that is certainly a factor but then again, I saw Akira, Ninja scroll and Ghost in the shell several times before I started appreciating the original Japanese dub.

Gotta agree, i often find that if ive watched a show in japanese first i tend to prefer the voices.

Cept in a few freak cases of course like with cowboy bebop. The there are shows like naruto, i couldnt imagine that show in english.

well, i looked around for a while and found these two pictures of the american voice actors ;D:

guts(mark diraison):
mark_diraison_guts.jpg

and caska (carrie Keranen) :
Carrie_Keranen_caska.jpg

but i looked for a long time and couldnt find griffith :(

his name is kevin collins, i found several pictures of voice talents named kevin collins, but none of them did griffith,

if someone else finds him, please post it, ive gotta know! :-X

- c

(interesting what they look like eh?)

DarkDragoon

Kuro no mahoutsukai
Yeah Guts' VA looks exactly like I'd think he would.. Caska's kinda creepin me out.

..and I really do wanna see what Kevin Collins looks like... because he's the fucking man.

Sparnage said:
Yeah that is certainly a factor but then again, I saw Akira, Ninja scroll and Ghost in the shell several times before I started appreciating the original Japanese dub.

True, many English dubs are so truly awful it's painful to listen to them under any circumstances (not talking specifically about Akira/Ninja Scroll/GITS... I've only heard the Japanese for the first two, anyway).

i found him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kevin_collins_griffith.jpg

what the hell do you think about that?!?!

- c  8)

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Wow, gut's voice acter looks so much like guts himself... He could play guts in teh movie :-X.

OMFG WTF GRIFFITHIS A FUCKING OMFG OLD MAN WTF AHHHHHGHH!~!!!

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
WOW! :eek:
Hard to think of him as Griffith, He kinda looks like William Shatner.
Now we know who really sang "I'm just a girl who can't say 'No'"

When you think about it, it makes since. A guy in his 20's wouldn't be singing on outtakes. Unless he is queer.

Since someone mentioned Legacy of Kain, I'm not sure, but doesn't that Elder God (The enormous talking eye) sound like the same voice actor as the opening narrator ("In this world...")? I was wrong, Tony Jay was not the narrator.

You're all shallow, so Guts's voice looked more like him than Griffiths, big deal. From what I saw of the outtakes Guts didn't seem overly bright to me.

Caska's voice does look a bit weird, but i'd do her anyway to be honest.

DarkDragoon

Kuro no mahoutsukai
Jon Schaffer said:
When you think about it, it makes since. A guy in his 20's wouldn't be singing on outtakes. Unless he is queer.

And a guy in his 20's certainly wouldn't be singing Whitney Houston songs on outtakes. But then again.. I wouldnt think a guy in his late 50's would be singing "Im just a girl who cant say no" and a little mermaid song parody on outtakes.

VAs have their own voice training techniques. I'm sure singing in-character is a pretty common one. Caska's VA actually looks pretty similar to Caska, at least, IMO, in terms of general body structure and the general boyish sort of femininity. Guts' VA and Caska's VA are pretty much reading in their normal voices (can you imagine walking around all day sounding like Guts? Hahaha!) Griffith's guy actually knows how to sound like other people.

DarkDragoon

Kuro no mahoutsukai
Yeah kind of.. but Kevin Collins being Griffith and Kevin Collins being Kevin Collins dont sound all that different to me.. from what Ive heard anyway.

if you dont think hes attractive,

do you think he should not have done griffiths voice? ???

i just posted his pic to share :(,

guess that taught me a lesson  :-X

- c

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
Sorry c, if I sounded negitive. ;)
I didn't mean to, it was only trying to express my shock and disbelief that that was the man, since he looked like Shatner in the middle aged way. ;D
And although I thought he looked weird, his voice was great and that's what's important.  But I still think it is funny that it is he who sang those funny songs. ;D
Please do not feel discouraged to share, what people say is the fun of it. :)

on the site it said berserk and thief 3, or 4,

whichever one was just released,

i pushed save as and their it is,

i can definitely see that as his voice,

it just looks right to me  :)

- c

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Sparnage said:
Caska's voice does look a bit weird, but i'd do her anyway to be honest.

Have you no shame? Could you have not said anything at all?!

10-4 said:
if you dont think hes attractive,

do you think he should not have done griffiths voice? ???

i just posted his pic to share :(,

guess that taught me a lesson :-X

- c

Heh dont feel so down, girls who work on phone-sex hotlines are usually ugly ass hos.

Top Bottom