Brand???

I hope this hasn't been asked before but has anyone else noticed the brand?
Brand.jpg

Jon Schaffer said:
has anyone else noticed the brand?

Yup.

It is a important sign of the Eclipse, so my best guess is he is marked with it because it displays his important role as an Apostle in the second Eclipse for Griffiths rebirth.

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Well in an eclipes theres something that is dear to the person that is sacrificed, and there is the power or whatever gained after the sacrifice. The egg apostle sacrificed himself so he can gain a better world, and some wierd powers during the time he was alive (that stinger thing he had that gave moz, moz's followers, and the goat man's powers).

I

Italian_demon

DemonX said:
Well in an eclipes theres something that is dear to the person that is sacrificed, and there is the power or whatever gained after the sacrifice. The egg apostle sacrificed himself so he can gain a better world, and some wierd powers during the time he was alive (that stinger thing he had that gave moz, moz's followers, and the goat man's powers).

Yes i agree with DemonX, he had to sacrify the Dearest thing to begin an Apostol and make his Wish come true, and as he was a lonely person like that have never been in contact with people he could love... he could only have Himself to sacrify!
He's been probably isolated by the "casual flow" of Events predeterminated by Idea to produce on him this "hate and reject for the human world", as without him and the Demon child: Femto could not Re-born to the human world with a human body and Start the melting process between The human world and the Spiritual World!

Hummmm.....speaking about the brand, if this person pretty much sacrificed himself, to become an apostle, i thought people with the brand cannot become apostles, so therefore......that behelit that guts has been carrying all along, maybe it was ment for him to use? I dont think he will ever use it at all, because if so, then the dearest thing to him would be caska.........but dont think he would use it.

I dont know, just something to ponder.......

DarkBlademaster

mtlcknight said:
Hummmm.....speaking about the brand, if this person pretty much sacrificed himself, to become an apostle, i thought people with the brand cannot become apostles, so therefore......that behelit that guts has been carrying all along, maybe it was ment for him to use? I dont think he will ever use it at all, because if so, then the dearest thing to him would be caska.........but dont think he would use it.

I dont know, just something to ponder.......

Just because he holds it doesn't mean he will use it. When the time comes, the behlite will fall out of gut's hands and fall into its rightful owner to use it.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
laukaichin said:
i think that guts its the owner of the behelit but he will never use it becaus he is not bound by destiny

Yeah well, you think wrong.

Guts is bound by causality as well as everyone else for all we know (please stop reading thehawks.org scans), and the fact he's carrying the beherit really doesn't mean that he owns it. If you think of it, Guts carrying the beherit actually proves that he's bound by causality, unknowingly bringing it to its future owner (assuming he won't use it himself).

And seeing how the beherits rarely stay in one's possession for long, and have some sort of self-consciousness, I'm not sure we should talk about people "owning" them.

I

Italian_demon

Well i don't believe Guts owns the Behelit cause bounded by casuality!
But maybe he's just allowed to bring it with himself cause Idea doesn't feel any need specific need to use it for a while, IMO.
Guts is doing something not fortold by IDEA thank to the help of SK interventing in a few topic situations, IMO.
If that's wrong then i don't see any hope for Guts and company to defeat the IDEA of Evil, which i don't identify with the Destiny itself but just as one strong force that can manipulate it, but not the one force that Can do it!

DarkBlademaster

Smith said:
Does Guts holding the behelit really serve any purpose? Other than some wild speculation that Serpico is gonna use it...

Well we will find out... we are not even sure if it has any purpose at all.

SlimJ87D

Apollo
Aazealh said:

A "normal" one, that he picked from the Count.

Doesn't this answer like all the questions about Gutt's carrying it around.... its not his, it's the count's right? so it probably wont end up going to the count since he's dead, or else all those ones Skullknight took would go to someone... dont know, IMO.

I

Italian_demon

SlimJ87D said:
Doesn't this answer like all the questions about Gutt's carrying it around.... its not his, it's the count's right? so it probably wont end up going to the count since he's dead, or else all those ones Skullknight took would go to someone... dont know, IMO.

A Behelit doesn't belong just to one owner, and can be brought around by everyone, but in the right moment, the next user predestinated by IDEA (if anything won't interfer with it), he/she will catch it on his hands and use it, as the same Behelit can be used by many people...

Its just like in the DC game when the nun tells the storie of Niko. He had a Behelit and when he got to the church and died the nun took it and when she threw herself into the flame Rita picked it up. Then after Guts beat the Baron and Puck told Rita to come along it fell off her hip and later touched the Baron's blood....

Well yeah you konw just an example of how the Behelit dont really belong to anyone, heh it came to mind cause i been playing the DC game my save got wiped >.o

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Darkadien Zurel said:
Its just like in the DC game when the nun tells the storie of Niko.  He had a Behelit and when he got to the church and died the nun took it

Except Niko didn't die, since he's the "Great Tree Apostle". She deformed the truth in her story, in fact he probably used the beherit as he was dying (and sacrificed his dog, that's my favourite theory).

Darkadien Zurel said:
Well yeah you konw just an example of how the Behelit dont really belong to anyone

You pointed it out here, as I said earlier, beherits can't really be said to be the absolute property of anyone imho, since they're sentient beings, not simple objects. They'll stay with an "owner" for a while, then move away.

yeah thats true about niko but the thing that gets me about his character is doesnt he appear in the manga after the DC game is suppose to take place in the storie line?... im not real sure but i do know he appears in the manga cause he see's Zodd fly over head while he is in the forest if im right.

I know its off topic but im just abit curious (unless he was playing in the forest sorta like the image shown when the nun was telling his storie and then saw zodd fly over head as he was heading to the Baron's town.) which is probably the case

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Darkadien Zurel said:
yeah thats true about niko but the thing that gets me about his character is doesnt he appear in the manga after the DC game is suppose to take place in the storie line?... im not real sure but i do know he appears in the manga cause he see's Zodd fly over head while he is in the forest if im right.

Well, there's a character called Niko that sees Zodd flying while being in the forest with other kids in the manga, and though it's probably a reference to the DC game, it's obviously not the same character.

Miura had planned to include the Dreamcast game's storyline into the manga at first, but when he got there things had evolve in a way that didn't allow it, so he just skipped it and made a small reference.

The 2 Niko are quite different, one is in his teens and is retarded, has no friend but a dog and a nun that pity him, while the other is a younger kid that has friends and a brother, and is perfectly sane. Plus by the time we see the young Niko in the manga, the other one is supposed to have been an apostle for a long time already.

about the behelit guts is carrying, I was wondering if Caska may use it...
Which leads me to another question : what is the condition to sacrifice someone? Griffith is important to Caska and Gats. Could he be sacrificied? To my mind Gats is too power driven to make it but if Caska were to do it she could wish something not for herself but to make their fate "right".

I'm just being stupid, don't I? bah I'm a newbie, I may do it a little longer

Another comment about guts being subject to the flow of casuality :
In the traduction I read (the Hawks), just after the eclipse farneze appeared before the red lake and said something like 'the blind king of the white sheep sheperds the black sheep". Didn't that mean that Guts was the prophecized way back in the world for Griffith? In that case, how could he be without of the flow of casuality if he accomplishes old prophecies? It's kind of the same role as the "Changer" in Robin's Hobb farseer trilogies. Prophecies are visions of most possible futures, but choices made by one special being can take the flow of time (or causality) in the most improbable path.

I know I'm far away from the topic, but I'm just commenting on remarks that have been made in this thread.

About the mark on the egg apostle tongue, it's bound to be a proof that he sacrified himself to make is dream come true. That's the most beautiful thing an apostle ever made. Giving himself to the world, a world that hated him and rejected him. Can his sacrifice repay Griffith and the apostle sins, I do not think so. But we have to remember that an apostle can be made of a person that wishes nothing for himself.

Top Bottom