A request for specific Caska pics!

number18

a sci-fi bitch
Well hello hello.

I'll be doing a Caska cosplay for Anime Boston 2005, full armor and all that jazz. Right now I'm buying my fabric for the cloth part of the costume, as much as I can right now, anyway, because I haven't decided if I'll do post-Griffith capture armor or pre.

Whatever version I do decide to do, however, I still have one dilemma, and that is that I have no pictures of Caska from the manga with her armor off, just in her tunic. I have plenty of the anime. I have production sketches from the anime, and both animation and illustrations file artbooks. None of these give me what I want. I need images from the manga, most definitely from volumes 5 and up.

And to make sure, Caska never wears a pink tunic in the manga, does she? All the color pictures I have of her show her wearing a dingy sort of beige colored tunic...but I can't really tell cause she's always got her armor on! So please, someone take a few scans for me! I will be eternally grateful!

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
Couldn't find anything without the armor and only the tunic, but the cover of volume 7, has the colors of caska's armor.  Or there was this pic.
g_026.jpg

or her tunic without color
caska88.bmp

number18

a sci-fi bitch
hmm...Well it's good to know that her tunic is the same style as it's shown in the anime, but it seems that the color of it in the manga continues to vary. :/ I think, if I don't get any more color pics of it, I'm just gonna go with an off white, beigy tone...maybe not as dark as the one you posted.

Thanks!

Now...anyone else? ;D

M

medievald00d

just curious...are you gonna wear armor in your cosplay? That could get a tad bit expensive...

number18

a sci-fi bitch
number18 said:
Well hello hello.

I'll be doing a Caska cosplay for Anime Boston 2005, full armor and all that jazz.

My buddies and I are gonna make the armor via vacuum forming plastic. It's the way storm troopers make their costumes. Of course, we'll treat the plastic to look like metal.

number18

a sci-fi bitch
Thanks Asmer. I wish they had some cards in the gallery from post-Griffith capture. Those two card images still conflict with some Illustrations File artbook images of Caska, where her boots are an almost white/grey shade, and her shirt is not as brown. :/ And there is that one image of Caska in post-Griffith capture armor, looking over her shoulder...and her pants are the same color as her shirt. Good lord, just give me one consistent coloring! ;-;

number18

a sci-fi bitch
Yeah. I am really just going to have to pick my favorite and hope no one wants to try and be a dick to me, like oh that shirt is SO the wrong color!

It makes sense that she would have a few different tunics (like two ::) ) and maybe a different pair of boots. She fights and rides in em all the time, and all... =nodnod=

akikaze said:
It's the same thing. :)
Well, they for sure look alike, but if you look closely, she is mounting her horse on the second one, while on the first one... she isn't... :p
And seriously, the colors (especially her shirt) aren't exactly the same, due to the light, or the "angle", I don't know, but they are lighter on the second picture.

number18 said:
I wish they had some cards in the gallery from post-Griffith capture. Those two card images still conflict with some Illustrations File artbook images of Caska, where her boots are an almost white/grey shade, and her shirt is not as brown. :/ And there is that one image of Caska in post-Griffith capture armor, looking over her shoulder...and her pants are the same color as her shirt. Good lord, just give me one consistent coloring! ;-;
There is no Card from the time Griffith is captured I think, however on one Card from the TCG, her shirt is white, and her cape seems somehow yellow. So, maybe she has different outfits, different boots?! I'm not sure of that, though. :-\

number18 said:
Yeah. I am really just going to have to pick my favorite and hope no one wants to try and be a dick to me, like oh that shirt is SO the wrong color! 

It makes sense that she would have a few different tunics (like two  ::) ) and maybe a different pair of boots. She fights and rides in em all the time, and all... =nodnod=

Sorry, I removed my post and edited it... :-[ That's why you're now answering a post that appears after your answer... Hope it's somehow clear... ;D

asmer said:
Well, they for sure look alike, but if you look closely, she is mounting her horse on the second one, while on the first one... she isn't... :p
I was referring to the armor...:p

asmer said:
And seriously, the colors (especially her shirt) aren't exactly the same, due to the light, or the "angle", I don't know, but they are lighter on the second picture.
Both pictures are watercolors, and as far as I can imagine it may be pretty hard to reproduce the right shade over and over. I guess the colors were intended to be the same. Anyway, I don't see any great differences, the first one seems a bit washed-out, and Cascas skin color tends more to orange on the second one, but her face doesn't matter anyway.

Top Bottom