Open water

It has been getting good reviews, but I have not desire to see it. I just don't like the principle of marketing a movie as "based on a true" story when the main characters disappear early on and there's no real way of knowing what the hell happened. I felt so incredibly duped after the last dude drowned in The Perfect Storm.

You know what? I hope the real Tom and Eileen Lonergan show up some day and say, "Man that's such a crappy movie. Look at all these dopes watching this overly dramatized crap. They better give us alot of money."

Faust said:
You know what? I hope the real Tom and Eileen Lonergan show up some day and say, "Man that's such a crappy movie.  Look at all these dopes watching this overly dramatized crap.  They better give us alot of money."

But that will never happen... Their bodies were not found :'(

BOB

poruno sutâ
seen it a month ago at a filmfest.
The others hated it, i got hooked. I try to be objective.

for that advertised ultra reality, shown in this movie the couple acts a bit too strange, with occasional jokes in between the emotional outbursts don't seem too believable most of the time. The whole thing gets a little boring from time to time (you got two characters, you just know they won't die that soon). Some opportunities missed, like the shots in the night, which are way to short and fail to send shivers down your spine.
Sounds negative, eh?
What made me love this movie nevertheless was of course the sharks which circle around the couple almost all the time, bumping into them (real sharks) and scaring the shit out of you (only about 4 or 5 shock moments but they make you hold your breath) and that horror vision of floating in the ocean, nothing to grab hold of. Enjoyed the anti-climatic ending, too.
A+ for the whole idea and some moments the movie doesn't really live up to its hype, tho.

BOB

poruno sutâ
but not that shark bumping. pure horror. they don't bite like in jaws. they just bump into their victims and play with them and you'll never know when they are in the mood to take a bite.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
BOB said:
but not that shark bumping. pure horror. they don't bite like in jaws. they just bump into their victims and play with them and you'll never know when they are in the mood to take a bite.

Yeah not the shark bumping. I was just basically far out from where I could swim back to the beach, I wasn't out in the middle of the freaking ocean like these people it was still a scary experience either way.

The worst I've been in was an undertoe. I was pulled out about 1.5 miles from shore by myself, and I was only 10, so I was seriously almost shitting myself. Ever since then I've never really trusted the water.

Oh, and if you ever get caught in an undertoe, dont struggle. All it does is make the swim back harder. :-X

Jon the Madman said:
The worst I've been in was an undertoe. I was pulled out about 1.5 miles from shore by myself, and I was only 10, so I was seriously almost shitting myself. Ever since then I've never really trusted the water.

Oh, and if you ever get caught in an undertoe, dont struggle. All it does is make the swim back harder.  :-X

lol. That happen to me too when I was 12 years old. Not just me but 3 other cousins where in deep shit. I was near my cousin Jamie so I did any other person would do who can't swim I climbed on top of my cousin like crazy, while my cousin Jamie was basicly drowing because of me being on top in his back and his head was subverge under water. ;D

Luckly my dad and uncle where able to save us. Close call.  :p

My bro and I went bodyboading like we usually do. Been doin it island style for years...never once had a close call. Well this timme we fucked up. We were having so much fun, we ended up going to the wrong end of the reef. The waves crashed and he went into one of the bombholes on the side of the reef that we were suppose to stay clear of.. Got stuck and all that crazy shit. He was under the water for at least two minutes the first time. I fought frantically to search for him. Lost my board and all. FUCKED UP!!!!! >:( The fuckin suckshon and waves pounding you on the reef is crazy. Cut hands, legs, feet, back and all. Fortunately, my uncle on the shore noticed us and got us out of the reef hole about a half an hour later. We just kept gaspin for air. A fuckin experience I never want to go thru again

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
So, what I heard is that this movie dedicates an hour of 2 people out in the middle of the ocean with a shark. Does it seriously need to be talked about like this? This reminds me of phonebooth... suck ass movie I saw.

Note: Just to set it straight, I havn't seen the movie Open Water.

Top Bottom