Episode 244

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
One could certainly argue that a significant portion of Guts' strength is unnatural since he is in the interstice. The reason he can swing a sword that no human should be able to could very well be that he's no longer bound by human limitations.

Guts isn't gonna "learn magic." Chanting and memorizeing incantations is miles from his style. The closest we'd ever see to Guts useing magic would end up looking like a Kamehameha and that had better not happen...

God.. if Gutts starts learning magic words and moves I´ll quit Berserk for sure

Anyway, SKnight never used a spell to hit the apostles and even GH, did he?

It´s already said, Gutts could hit Slann with DS, this is enough proof he can do the god hand without knowing any magic lessons...

The next possibly topic thing he may learn could be
"How to drag the Beast to your advantage.."

How many days until the 244 release?

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Jon the Madman said:
That gunshot hand is enough magic for me. I imagine that Guts doesn't need any more magic. That sucker can obliterate a few heads. Maybe even Femtos.

I dont know if you were joking or if you were serious. Ill pretend your serious, forgive me if im wrong.

The arm cannon is still physical, and something physical is kinda powerless against the godshand. Remember when skully tried to attack void, but was reflected right back at him? Well that would happen, but if that happened to guts, it would be alot worse, especially since guts doesnt carry a shield and that arm cannon might really fuck him up if he ended up shooting himself.

Herald of Yama

"It is pure Potential"
Besides, he already tried killing Femto with the Hand Cannon once. Femmie just neutralized it with a sidelong glance. Now, if everyone subconciously believed that the Hand Cannon could blow up anything, it might be a different story...

Rakshas

Be quiet... You are already dead...
Sk's attack and cannon too. Guts is kinda inoffensif against GH. Even if he now wear the Berserk Armor, he will not be big deal for FEMTO. Also, in my opinion, he is already or almost at his best level with the DS... Perhaps he will get some cursed items, new weapons or at least some informations/answer encoutering the King of Elf...

DarkBlademaster

Rakshas said:
Sk's attack and cannon too. Guts is kinda inoffensif against GH. Even if he now wear the Berserk Armor, he will not be big deal for FEMTO. Also, in my opinion, he is already or almost at his best level with the DS... Perhaps he will get some cursed items, new weapons or at least some informations/answer encoutering the King of Elf...

Yes! A burst of magic coming out of his real arm instead!!! Kinda like DBZ style!

M

medievald00d

Right now, im kinda annoyed that it isnt the dark manga that it once was. Now it seems like its a teenager's manga, with witches and spirits and whatnot. They have a little child tagging along, a bratty kid, and some other boring people.

I kind of want Guts to kill one of the crew....Or maybe have farneze die sometime, and serpico duel Guts to the death. Too many characters, too big of a plot stretch. They need to get back to the basics. Kill apostles, try and kill Griffith/Femto.

Thats my opinion, so i expect to be flamed for it somewhere down the line.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
pheonixfenix said:
Right now, im kinda annoyed that it isnt the dark manga that it once was. Now it seems like its a teenager's manga, with witches and spirits and whatnot. They have a little child tagging along, a bratty kid, and some other boring people.

I kind of want Guts to kill one of the crew....Or maybe have farneze die sometime, and serpico duel Guts to the death. Too many characters, too big of a plot stretch. They need to get back to the basics. Kill apostles, try and kill Griffith/Femto.

Thats my opinion, so i expect to be flamed for it somewhere down the line.

I'm not going to flame ya, but I do think you're wrong. The series is in a pretty dark place as far as the outlook for Guts' humanity is concerned, on par with Lost Children even. I think your recent appraisal has more to do with being away from the series for two months while it's on hiatus, and all thelame-ass Magic DBZ chitchat above than with where the story is currently heading. I'm not going to list all the reasons why Berserk is in fact dark, because you can just look at the last two chapters and decide for yourself. The mood isn't exactly light and fluffy, and when it is, there's something sinister lurking just underneth.

But, I don't know, maybe you felt this way months ago. In any case, I'm formally registering my respectful disagreement with you.

...MR. POOPYPANTS!! HAHAHAHAHA!fag

=)

DarkBlademaster

52129907.gif

The end is coming!

Seriously though, I think miura is going to kill someone off, most likly serpico. He cannot love farneze and be a good guy at the same time, they are siblings. That would be kinda gross. This is where the serpico/behliet theory come into play ::).

But things dont seem that happy and good though... Think of the midland castle in its current state, did that seem a child's story?

Majin_Tenshi

DemonX said:
serpico. He cannot love farneze and be a good guy at the same time, they are siblings. That would be kinda gross.
Go read Angel Sanctuary... now and then tell me if it still bothers you

Enough of this magic DBZ craps, 244 is just around a corner, but then the pity thing is that there is no summary for this chapter :'(

But it wouldnt make a different right? Just 2 days ;D

Majin_Tenshi

DemonX said:
But I guess thats... different. In Angel Sanctuary, he is not really her brother, but an angel.
no, hes prety much her brother. Past lives are immaterial in that relationship. Hell, Serpico and Farnesse are even only half-siblings.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
well to Xeachnoelfjfdjaskfjsadkfjsadkjfksd and his comment about Gut's may not need healing and what not for his wound that was caused from Slann....

That would have maybe been a possiblity but Gut's really hasnt had a chance to fully recover nor heal... with him fighting Grunbeld, utilizing the beast on more then 1 occasion more then likely quickend the permanent damage that has been done to his higher plan self. So I think its a neccesity for him to get healed by a higher power such as the Elf King.

it just makes common sense.

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
it just makes common sense.

The point is that Guts doesn't make common sense...remember Shierke and her surprise on his status (when Flora debated her)
Heh, remember also what the medic said when he was curing him after he had fought in the forest to protect Caska ;)

So...

Isidro is pretty excited to see all the soldiers, and Serpico provides many details about the different armies that are gathering. Apparently, Midland had the most powerful army, but right now, it would probably be Tudor. Several other kingdoms and countries are present, of course.
Schierke is a bit disturbed by this new environment. Too crowded. ^^;
Anyway, they see the leader of a band of mercenaries calling for volontaries, and it's now Guts' turn to explain how the whole thing works.
As they talk about the qualities of a good leader, Serpico is suddenly reminded of Griffith, and his famous Hawk Soldiers. Of course, Puck goes "!", and Farnese remembers Guts saying the name. But they don't say anything (neither does Guts, naturally) and Serpico goes on with his retelling of the Hawk Soldiers' many feats. Isidro enthusiastically adds that the stories he heard about them pretty much are what motivated him to choose that path. "Sure, that Griffith guy was great... but the commander of their raiders was soooo strong!".
Ahem.
"Oh, by the way, you were in a mercenary band too, right? How did they call you?
-... It was a long time ago, I don't remember."
Serpico then mentions the recent rumors about the Hawk Soldiers still existing and currently fighting the Kushan.
A soldier notices Schierke's clothes, and the others suddenly realize that this town may not exactly be the best place for a witch right now. Whoops. "Don't worry! All I have to do is to cast a spell, and..." the guy goes "bleh". The thing is, she does it over and over on other soldiers, and... well, she ends up being the center of attention.
Isidro tries to talk her into getting new clothes, they argue, things get a bit out of hand, and Schierke goes away, crying. Before going after Schierke, Evarella explains that her clothes were handmade by Flora, so...
Guts says that they should find an inn, and even if he's not too worried about Schierke (they can still communicate... and she's a witch, after all), he asks Isidro (I believe) to go and find her before dinner.
Evarella finds Schierke and says that she doesn't like the place either.. Then, they both spot a weird silhouette (or several of them)... and that's where the episode ends.

Begemot

STOP UNDRESSING ME WITH YOUR EYES!
Thanks.

Hot Damn.
Makes me wonder if anyone there is going to recognize Guts as the Hawks' Raider Commander

Judo

Midlands finest
Olivier Hague said:
"Sure, that Griffith guy was great... but the commander of their raiders was soooo strong!".
"Oh, by the way, you were in a mercenary band too, right? How did they call you?
-... It was a long time ago, I don't remember."

that's a good one! ;D

thanks, monsieur!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Thank God The Hague saved us from the tub of shit this thread was heading towards.

Awesome episode. For the second time in the entire series, Guts exploits finally get a little credit. And like we'd all expect, he takes it with a downcast face. Thanks again, Olivier. And fuck everyone that posted before him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom