Episode 244

Status
Not open for further replies.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
dwarfkicker said:
Wierd silouette huh?  Probably the kushans.  Though I'd be definitly surprised if it was the Band of the Hawk.

Or some wicked dudes come to burn her at the stake, muhahaha!

Anyway, the Hague does save us again, I forgot that we usually know what happens a few days before the chapter is up. It's funny, I never even put it together that Guts is famous besides his Black Swordsman persona, I mean I knew he was, it just never clicked for me that his new buddies also know him by his former reputation... or don't, if you know what I mean. =)

"I don't remember."

"C'mon Guts."

"Oh yeah, I was the #2 man in the strongest army in the land... ever; yes, the one that ended that 100 year war. You could say I'm the reason they disbanded. What? Hey, Casca was General for a year, bug her about it!" *shrugs*

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
"Griffith No More!" said:
What? Hey, Casca was General for a year, bug her about it!" *shrugs*

Yeah, I actually have a secret fantasy of Casca handing their asses to all the group after she wakes up :-X.

man, this places moves on too fast for me lol. i do think that berserk has now moved really far from what it was, in fact it's almost a totally different world, sure some things are the same, but there has been just so many new stuff.

i hate the little kid in the group, i personally don't like comedy in berserk, which is what the kid and the fairy provides, just doesn't fit in with the atmosphere of the manga IMO.

ALL i hope is this stays human, not have like an all out monster onslaught, which would be crap, the reason why gatz amazes his commrades is because he is a human, though that has yet to be established, but killing 100 people in that forest wouldn't have given readers the wow factor if he was some supernatural monster guy.

i also use to think berserk can't get bad at all, but now, thinking about the title and this armour that gatz' got, im thinking this will be going down the path of all monsters... i'll wait and see.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
It's very SuperGuts with all this, "Man that raid leader was amazing, oh weren't you a mercenary at the same time as him?" "Uh, I don't recall." stuff. Also, if the Kushan monster army attacks I guess there's going to be a full on war in the coming chapters with all these armies gathered in the area. I suppose the Ganish's plan was to take 'em all out at once? But look out, here comes SUPERGUTS!

I really hope a big battle breaks out. It's been awhile since Guts slaughtered people. But since that wizard dude that summoned the gators and sea monster is leading the attack we'll also see some more monster slaying.

Gutts a troop leader again ???

You can change the background, but once a soldier always a soldier

Casuality really goes in SPIRAL moving... ,

amazing

Midland, Tudor, and other nations' armies amassed...but the Hawks are still only rumored at this point? Wonder what the armies all know of and think of the Kushan.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Walter said:
Thank God The Hague saved us from the tub of shit this thread was heading towards.

Awesome episode. For the second time in the entire series, Guts exploits finally get a little credit. And like we'd all expect, he takes it with a downcast face.  Thanks again, Olivier.  And fuck everyone that posted before him.
You made me chuckle ;D

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Shit that is awsome. I cant wait to see the looks on everyones face when they find out that he is an ex-hawk and he was actully the raider's commander! Heh, and it looks like Tudor is not out of the picture yet...

Olivier Hague said:
"Sure, that Griffith guy was great... but the commander of their raiders was soooo strong!".
"Oh, by the way, you were in a mercenary band too, right? How did they call you?

OMG!! Poor Isidro didnt even notice that the raider of the commander was standing just right in front of him...

(I can't really imagine Isidro didnt suspect it at all, afterall this Black Swordsman was the one that killed countless apostle and as everyone expected when he was a mercenary during the earlier time he must be hella powerful also, he cant just be an ordinary unknown mercenary... Therefore the first impression that should come into his mind is commander of the raider shouldnt it? Since no one was near him in term of strenght)

Stupid Isidro >:(

:p

Olivier Hague said:
-... It was a long time ago, I don't remember."

::)

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
Y'know... theres gotta be hundreds of legends about great warriors, past and present. Certainly there'd be a couple dozen. Hell, even Pazuso was noteworthy!

Smith said:
the first impression that should come into his mind is commander of the raider shouldnt it? Since no one was near him in term of strenght
Yeah, and nobody knows about the pushovers called "Boscone", "Grunbeld" and "Locus", obviously.

But Isidro was there when Guts told a shepherd that he fought for Midland at one point. I'll concede that. Then again, I certainly wouldn't expect Isidro, of all people, to connect the dots.

I'm picturing a big fight with all these armies and the Kushan.  Of course Guts and his group will be in the fight.  I think the Kushan force will be extremely large and the Band of the Hawk will show, thus no longer making them rumored.  Plus it would be a good chance for Guts and Griffith to at least exchange glances before Guts departs for Elfhelm. But Griffith and his forces are probably still dealing with Ganishka.

Olivier Hague said:
Yeah, and nobody knows about the pushovers called "Boscone", "Grunbeld" and "Locus", obviously.

Boscone was dead my friend, everyone knows that... That why the raider of hawks (especially the commander)was so famous, how could Isidro ever expect someone who is dead standing in front of him?

Grunbeld? Cant be... Isidro saw him fighting with Guts

Locus uses a lance and is always on a horseback... Then again i doubt if Isidro even heard of the presence of Locus

I know that there are many legendary warrior in Midland which Muira has yet to introduced, but from what he knows especially his so called "idol" He should have at least try to suspect if Guts was that "Raider of the hawks" because no one said he died, he just disappeared like the rest of the hawks... Then suddenly 2 yrs later came a powerful Black Swordsman without his background known... (not suspicious? He cant just appear out of nowhere...)

And yes if Isidro really know his "idol" well, he should have heard that raider commander of the hawks uses huge long sword, just like Guts  ;)

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
Smith said:
I know that there are many legendary warrior in Midland which Muira has yet to introduced, but from what he knows especially his so called "idol" He should have at least try to suspect if Guts was that "Raider of the hawks" because no one said he died, he just disappeared like the rest of the hawks... Then suddenly 2 yrs later came a powerful Black Swordsman without his background known... (not suspicious? He cant just appear out of nowhere...)
Smith, its never pretty when an idiot is left grasping at straws.

Smith said:
Boscone was dead my friend, everyone knows that...
Way to miss the point.
I'm simply saying that there are several famous warriors in the world of "Berserk".
He should have at least try to suspect if Guts was that "Raider of the hawks" because no one said he died, he just disappeared like the rest of the hawks... Then suddenly 2 yrs later came a powerful Black Swordsman without his background known...
So what? Just think. Please.
if Isidro really know his "idol" well
He doesn't even know _his name_. And chances are few people do. Griffith's name is famous. His (former) men's names aren't.

nir085 said:
Any word on the next chapter's release date?
Here's a word: sigh.
Second and fourth Fridays of the month. It hasn't changed, y'know.

nir085

Horse and Armor
Olivier Hague said:
Here's a word: sigh.
Second and fourth Fridays of the month. It hasn't changed, y'know.
Hehe, sorry, silly me. Just used to you saying the date, that's all; I thought that maybe there was going to be another delay when you didn't say anything.

Interesting, I have to admit I always presumed Guts's team knew he was in the Hawks before hand. Probably because they spent so much time looking for the Black swordsman I presumed the Holy iron chains would have done their research a bit better.

Makes sense though, so like Guts to not mention anything about his past, even when his companions are more or less traveling on his quest for revenge based around a grudge from his Hawk days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom