I put a pic in my signature and somehow lost my avatar. I went to try to put it back up in my settings, thinking that I might have clicked it off, and I saw that I no longer had the option of posting a personal avatar. What's up with that?

now i cant put any custom pic in there,

there is no place to post anything,

am i missing something or is it just not there?

- c

It's been fixed ever since Walter said it was fixed (strangely enough). You know that little bit that says "I have my own pic:
Specify your own avatar by URL. (ex: http://www.mypage.com/mypic.gif)"? Yeah.

Idea

It is truly the will that defines human nature
dwarfkicker said:
Yeah, for some reason I don't have that option.
Well it works for me and my various shadow accounts. You're just screwed. Oh wait, you probably don't know how to navigate through the new RC1 Edit Profile layout. Allow me to demonstrate!

- First, bring the mouse over the start button, it's the big shiny one in the lower-left corner. Now, when you feel you're ready, click it.
- Find a blue, lower-case E for Internet Explorer or a fucked up eastern-looking symbol of a fox chasing the globe if you're running Firefox, and click either of them to launch the intarweb.
Click "PROFILE"
- Take a break, it's going to get difficult
- On the far left menu, click "FORUM PROFILE INFORMATION"
- Find the area labeled "I HAVE MY OWN PIC"
- Now type in the URL of whatever animated DBZ .GIF from Google Images that you find so rad in the textbox area
- Bring the long, sleek, vertical navigation bar on the FAAAAAAR right of the screen all the way down to the bottom. Look for the big button labeled "CHANGE PROFILE"
- Click it.

-Walte- OH SHIT!

... How embarassing!

Ok this is what I see in the Forum Profile Information:

-Personalized Picture.  Next to this is the avatar box for choosing a picture that you have uploaded.
-Personal Text.  Next to this is the text bar for having a custom phrase below your avatar.
-Birthdate
-MSN
-YIM
-Signature
-Website Title
-Website URL
And at the very bottom is the change profile.

There isn't an option to use my own pic.  I seemed to have lost this option as well as the avatar I had when I uploaded a pic to my sig. I tried removing the pic from the sig to see if that would change anything. It didn't.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Cool down people, it's a SMF bug, some people get to see the option, some not, regardless of the browser. I can't explain why but that's how it looks after some tests.

The Idea of Evil said:
Well it works for me and my various shadow accounts. You're just screwed. Oh wait, you probably don't know how to navigate through the new RC1 Edit Profile layout. Allow me to demonstrate!
... How embarassing!

Indeed... You are the Idea of Evil ;)

Top Bottom