Can Griffith be redeemed?

H

Hokuto_Master

Well, obviously Guts still loves her. And what he wants is
1. Kill Griffith
2. Have Casca back

Problem is... will Casca want Guts again after she recovers? Will she reject him if he kills Griffith? Will she let him do so? Or as absurd as it may sound... will she pick Griffith's side? Will she decide to live on her life without those two guys who caused her so much pain...  ??? Hell knows. :-\

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
Aazealh said:
In episode 238, SK tells Guts that "what he wishes for may not be what she wishes for."

oh... wow. thanks for the info doc. i kinda missed that.
EDIT: this probably means that Caska might not wish for Guts to kill Griffith. or not?

Well, I have watched the anime 3 times now, and the more I think of it the more I really do want Griffith to be cut down by Guts blade. Femto does not seem to even care for redemption in the first place. So I just wonder when I will get to see Griffth cut down. ( I look down on him for beging a traitor amoung other various things) And I cannot be sure but I would think Casca would want to still be with Guts when/if she recovers he still does love her and protects her. Well thats it :p

-

Z

ZeroGraveVII

In my opinion, I think Guts is going to die in the end.
When he is about to kill Griffith, Casca regains sanity and stares at guts when he is about to deliver the final blow and the bitch stabs guts in the back...
and the griffith marries casca and then they live forever in happiness.

or most likely, guts kill griffith and casca won't give a shit.

ZeroGraveVII said:
or most likely, guts kill Griffith and caska won't give a shit.

^ Thats what i want to see, Griffith cut down and die a traitors death..no redemption for a crime as high as the one he committed.

ZeroGraveVII said:
or most likely, guts kill griffith and casca won't give a shit.

Wrong, she still cares about Griffith if you read the manga specifically the hill of swords or the scene right after his rebirth.

When he is about to kill Griffith, Casca regains sanity and stares at guts when he is about to deliver the final blow and the bitch stabs guts in the back...
and the griffith marries casca and then they live forever in happiness.

No, for oh so many reasons, the least of which is that Griffith doesn't love Casca. Or at least not since he transformed into a God Hand member. Anyway Guts and co. are about to go to Elfhelm where, even if Casca doesn't regain her sanity, she can at least stay without fear of apostles or possessed bodies for a while.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Rage Incarnate said:
Wrong, she still cares about Griffith if you read the manga specifically the hill of swords or the scene right after his rebirth.

Although at that moment, she's most likely seeing her child and not Griffith.

R

-rob-

In my opinion Griffith will turn on the GodHand. He seems to powerhungry to share it with 4 other people.

As long as he has his own kingdom why risk it, ne? He never asks for the world or an all powerfull empire. He wants his own kingdom. Even assuming he is more powerful than all the God Hand put together I don't think that is what the Idea wants.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Rage Incarnate said:
As long as he has his own kingdom why risk it, ne?

We've yet to see if he'll be content with his kingdom once he gets it or not.

Rage Incarnate said:
Even assuming he is more powerful than all the God Hand put together

And that would really be assuming a lot.

Redeemed...I don't thik he could be...he don't need to anyway
THe Hawks dying during the Eclipses is the same than them dying on the battlefield...They are nothing without Griffith they live trough him,hope trough him...so they "deserve" to die with him...
I agree that the way they die was quite painful but "objectively" if Griffith's dream die so as the Band Of The Hawk...
The only peoples Griffith would want to be forgiven would be Guts(and maybe Casca)because he was someone(something)even outside of the band...moreover Guts was the first and only one Griffith's friend...if so Griffith had no right to rape his girl...and nobody can forgive this it's beyond human ability...
So Griffith cannot and won't ever be redeemed by Gut's...they may find a way to "respect" eachother but redeeem is(seem) IMPOSSIBLE...But I dont think that Guts Vs Griffith would be a so good ending so I think that there will be something else(Casca using Guts and Griffith as sacrifice mwuarf mwuarf mwuarf)
Will Griffith try to conquer the world?
I say YES seriously this guy have see the unseen he is actually the unseen himself he can't be satisfied only with a little kingdom of nothing in a large wild world...As THE superior being made flesh he may try to establish an "harmony" on his kingdom...the physical world is his kingdom/domain as the only one "solid"(material or so)God Hand so definetly Griffith won't stop until he have anything is his hand and I don't think that a coward like him(yeah for me Griffith is a coward*)can bear something bigger than him...so will he try to become God?
*For me someone who want to rule over everything is someone who is afraid of what he cannot control...(yes for me all great conquerer are great cowards)trying to rule over humans,life/death everything seem to be the destiny of the greatest conquerer Griffith The Great

Top Bottom