And so my life truly begins...now I will be heard

Wildstyle

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
I have not had access to the continuing saga of our hero Gatts, but only have read so far only a part of the volume which succeeds the Eclipse and the most recent chapters 182-186 of the Millenium Falcon Arc. There are many thoughts which I have concerning the series so bear with me as I expunge on our most epic tale to date. I believe that Gatts will not die, contrary to what some may think. Kentaro Muira may seem as if darkness is his only contribution to the entirety of the series so it may be logical to think Gatts will die. However, the enormity of Gatts’ will to survive is a testament to the abundant amount of good that he must harness to continually fight God Hand, or that which is considered to represent evil and darkness. As Skull Knight put to it so eloquently as he always does, “You are truly the light that shines in the dark place….I’ve found you” So in this and many other memorable quotes during their meeting, we have a certain understanding that Gatts’ importance in the world of Berserk is not just a sword-wielding warrior, but a warrior wielding the life-force of human existence, the force that is the drive of mortal consciousness.
We are plunged into a dark time with Gatts because he is the one who will bring the light back and maintain the neutrality of good and evil. If God Hand were to somehow overcome all life, leaving only demonic existence and darkness, there would be no need for Muira to elaborate such an extravagant farce of one man defying the inevitable. Even God Hand know that they do not foresee all things, though they may be all-powerful. When Skull Knight intervened during the black sun sacrifice, Slann said that, “Though we are, more or less, gods….fate is vast. We can only see so much. You should know, we cannot foresee all things,” which only shows the flaw in their dark scheme, for is it not true that God Hand were once all mortals, and only through Red Behelits did they achieve vast power…so then, wouldn’t there have to be a greater hand in all this, a greater God who created these Behelits, or maybe even two, one good and one evil. Muira keeps many things secret in this world, much of the past histories are not told, and religion is blurred as well…
pt 1

Wildstyle

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Re: And so my life truly begins...now I will be he

part 2
Gatts fate was supposed to be death, yet he survived the eclipse, not only that, he has survived through countless battles including his birth…He has become the embodiment of the human spirit because he has strived to defy fate and it’s supposedly infallible laws without Behelits or Demonic help. I believe that the eclipse was a christening for Gatts, a sort of rebirth, one which was brought about in dire times as was his original birth. His birth was the spirit to fight for survival, the brand rebirth could be the spirit to fight all evil, an ascent in duty in his life for no longer was he a warrior of a king, he became a warrior of a God or of Fate.
Not only that, but I see Gatts as a pure embodiment of the virtues of mortality as well. He had no ambitions when he grew up, only to live and see his life through. Growing up with Gambino, there was no emotional support or love for the young hero who was shunned by the people around him. Many voiced the opinion that he would have been better off dead at birth under the tree where his mother hung. He grew up knowing nothing but kill or be killed, in battle or in life, yet he wanted the acceptance of Gambino and tried his best to please the petty mercenary who would sell him for a mere 3 silver coins to be raped by a perverted bastard. Even when he was told who had sold him out, he would not believe the truth for Gambino was the only family he ever knew and his attachment to that familial aspect of humanity is what separates him from the darkness that he projects in his lifestyle.
Some say you must fight fire with fire, so to fight the darkness that is encompassing Midlands and it’s world, Gatts must use brutality and cruel intent to end that darkness. As the darkness grows, so must his dark power and hate grow as well to compensate the growing powers of God Hand and their disciples. Yet, Gatts retains the light that separates him from Griffith, for he is fighting for the innocent and the weak, and even though he is uncouth and says that he doesn’t give a shit whether an innocent’s life ends or not, we have proof that contradicts his pretense. I will not elaborate on these proofs, for those who have read the series know all too well the heart of our magnanimous anti-hero. The warrior who hides his emotions by feigned apathy, yet his love and spirit cuts him deeper everytime he feels, so he barricades his heart with rage and a stoic face. The depths of his soul is the deepest of all the characters within the series. There is so much to learn about our hero that the story has only begun with his upcoming trials.

Wildstyle

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

There is more I would like to address such as the demon child, Griffith, Caska, etc, but the words have escaped me, so I will end my thoughts here…but for my predictions that are mine alone and are probably wrong anyway…I believe we have not yet seen all the characters that come into play in this saga, I think there are beings of great power that are not God Hand who will have something to say about the Falcon of Light and his destiny. Concerning the Dragonslayer, like everyone else, I would hate to see it be exchanged for something else but if it breaks, it will be fixed somehow, maybe even enhanced to fight God Hand…or, an opposing force will emerge to fight God Hand using powers equal to those of God Hand…or Gatts will wield this power somehow, and fight God Hand all by himself, like so many countless times he’s fought against the odds…It is possible that Griffith has not totally gone to the darkside and like Darth Vader, will be the one who turns on the darkside to aid the good side…there are hints of some humanity left in Griffith through his affection for Caska or for his child…If Muira wanted to, he could make Gatts epic saga continue until he’s 100 yrs old and there’s nothing that says Gatts will die of wounds or such in the future, remember , this is fantasy where demons and dragons and magic exist…I hope I don’t sound cocky, just spewing my thoughts as they come, so feel free to comment on my ideas, and correct me if I’m wrong because I haven’t read the volume’s between 13-20 so I could be totally off my horse…Anyway, if you’ve read this far, thanx for listening and let’s continue the grand epic that Muira has begun, we shall follow Gatts in spirit and pray that the world will be safe once this is ended (but we don’t want it to end!!! We want it to go on forever!!! Too bad mortality doesn’t give us the luxury to live forever, sigh hehe…And another thing, I hope that Muira continues the anime, it’s the all-time best anime ever made, better than Evanjellyon and kenshing and all those other anime) So, unless Gatts grows himself a new arm and becomes a magic wielding half-elf…make mine Berserk!

As Skull Knight put to it so eloquently as he always does, “You are truly the light that shines in the dark place….I’ve found you”

... and that was another bad translation. ^_^;

When Skull Knight intervened during the black sun sacrifice, Slann said that, “Though we are, more or less, gods….fate is vast.  We can only see so much.  You should know, we cannot foresee all things,”

... another bad translation. ^_^;
Basically, she says that they can't foresee all things, because they're not gods. But they _have_ a god, so...
We still don't know for sure if the Skull Knight's actions were foreseen or not... The Idea of Evil may have known... Void may have known...

so then, wouldn’t there have to be a greater hand in all this, a greater God who created these Behelits, or maybe even two, one good and one evil.

The God Hands have a god, indeed, like I said earlier.

(that post isn't meant to discourage you, please don't be upset! ^^; )

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Geez...I didnt feel bad about Post-Eclipse then, but now im REALLY feeling bad about it...

Please, dont take anything that is said in that translation very seriously. Consider it a fanfic of whats really said. At the time, I didnt really see anythign wrong with jazzing up the wording of the sentences. But then I started seeing big misinterpretations of what was said, and then it got nasty...

Well, welcome to the BBS!

Wildstyle

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

wa wa wa, unbelievable, so I've read the wrong translations gaaaww, heh, thanx for the corrections, I don't mind being corrected as long as it's without cursing and cussing heh...I still need to read the other volumes, please tell me where I can find scans of them, I promise I will buy all the manga, I would buy everything berserk if I had the money right now, but alas, my pocket change only takes me so far which includes school, food, and miscellaneous stuff....help me out pwease...=P

Wildstyle

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

I just came from BSOM and read the BBS of Girifisu's Intentions...If in this world where only the dream dictates the fate of all man, then how will this series end? If good and evil are just impressions stained by brainwashing, what will Gatts do to fulfill his dream if it's not to end evil or to kill all demons...So wh's story is it anyway if it's not Gatts'? I thought the story revolved around Gatts and though Girifisu has more power in his current state, it's not the story of Girifisu but of Gatts. So who am I to believe, or do I just have to wait for Mr. Miura to finish his series? I think I've answered my own questions, and though I too do believe that in Miura's world, the shades of good and evil are just figures of speech, I still don't know how that would correlate with the demons and God Hand...everything seems so dark in the manga, am I to believe there is no such thing as light or good in the series? That 'good' is also 'bad'? Help me out here, thanx

P

paradiselost

...listen, Wildstyle, you really have had many bad translations and interpretation of the story of Berserk...

...however, it could be too long to write here again all, so try to find the real story, with the right traduction, read here in the part of the www.skullknight.net to have some of the translations you need...

...for the others you need...well...try to follow all here day by day, I believe...

;)

Top Bottom