The matchstick noose Guy?

What do you think the Matchstick man was?

• Moonlight Child

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Judo (wishful thinking) :D

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Wandering Spirit

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • King Hanafabuku

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 15 57.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Graywords

Bettychu, I choose YOU!
Maybe he's...

A Kushan shaman-type who is astrally projecting him/herself into Vritannis to keep an eye on things... and only those like Schierke who are in-tune with magical things can see the astral projection. :) This would explain the "cord" attached to the silhouette.

That's one random theory, at least. It might not be Kushan, and might not be keeping an eye on things, either. *shrug* no idea for sure.

It seemed at first like someone was being hanged. But then my opinion changed to a strand of smoke as Graywords suggested. I think its our old friend on the boat.

I don't know, this - thing doesn't look like smoke, it seems more like a shadow to me. An astral projection maybe, because of this cord thing, like Greywords said. But I don't know whose projection it may be. It doesn't look very Kushan to me, the only one I could imagine doing a thing like this is Griffith's witch - that girl - I forgot her name. -_-"

IgnusDei

mmh-hmm good.
on the other hand, she's not the only one in the Miuraverse to have been hanged. So it could as well be any criminal/heretic that became a restless spirit upon his or her execution.

if it happened to be his mom, why would everyone see it?

wouldnt it show itself in a dark place just to him?

or what if it was corkus?! :eek:

corkus could just be tired of the crap and return for his revenge.....

.....or not :(

- c ( - c)

ps. - c

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Woraug said:
Perhaps it could be Flora's spirit.  Coming to tell Shireke of something.

I dont think so. Flora alredy said somthing about Shireke being on her own now, and i dont think she has more to tell Shireke that is within flora's own knowlage, with the exception of maybe skullknight.

In other words, Flora has alredy gotten her last word in right before they left her fending off grun and the apostles.

Maybe it is not as deep as you think, maybe it is or maybe it is a ghost of no one important and it might later show that their have been alot of hangings in this city and that thing is just a wandering soul...or an apostle why does it remind me of Rakshas in his true form? But then again that sounds unlikely.

Nah, I think there'll be some kind of significance. And if it was smoke, the strand looking part would be rising from the head.

It's some strange kind of paedophilic fishing, mayhap?

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
NeoBerserker said:
Maybe it is not as deep as you think, maybe it is or maybe it is a ghost of no one important and it might later show that their have been alot of hangings in this city and that thing is just a wandering soul...or an apostle why does it remind me of Rakshas in his true form? But then again that sounds unlikely.

Yes, maybe like vargas.

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
Jon the Madman said:
Majin got me thinking (even though its probably wrong), maybe its Guts mother. It makes sense, the cord is the rope from the tree.

It really only makes sense in the most tenuous sort of way.  As interesting as it could be, I can't think of any reason Guts' mother would be showing up now.  I think someone astral projecting makes a bit more sense, although who it is exactly I couldn't say.  The possibilities are endless I guess...

The idea of meeting that thing in an alley gives me the creeps just a little bit.  Eerie looking thing.

i meet stuff like that everyday,

then i try to explain high definition to things like that,

thats retail, and im a salesman,

i get retards, rich people, people that need a bath, people that need to be shot,

you have no idea :-X,

i still like the guts mother idea though  :)

- c

Kyosuke

Azumanga Berserkoh!
I dub this character, "The Thin Man" Anyway I think this is another one of Gashinka's shamans little goodies for Guts. Perhaps it could be his mother, like was suggested and perhaps her soul was summoned for intensive purpose of how much pain it would cause him, and because it may be one of the few things that can get his guard down.

Nosferatu

BERSERK
Whatever it is, it doesn't seem to have high intelligence by its appearance. Also, I don't think it's a bad guy because it looks to humble IMO.

A question guys because ignorance got me on this one:
What is astral projection and why do you need a cord to deal with it?

As far as what other has been said here this is what I' ve to say:

I find it difficult to be a magical-kushan spy thing, because it seems to be placed in a small alley, where it's not so easy to check out what's happening around.

I also find it difficult to be just the spirit of a person hung over there, because the cord is too low on the wall and also why would someone hung somebody in a secret alley like that, again?

Considering the idea of Guts mother, taking it seriously IMO is redicilous (just my opinion ;D )

What it might that thing be, IMO, it could be something like Flora's protections (glyphs on the forest and golems around her house), some magic work to guard or check out the alley, perhaps to also scare somebody (and from it's aspect particullarly children) that could discover whatever intends to be hidden or protected over there.
This could very well mean that a magician or wizard has a lair around there that wants to protect it from bystanders

It could also depend by the merging of the two worlds phenomena. But if it was something that everybody could see, I believe that there would have been fuss about it in the city -priests, guards or stuff like protective signs of the magic site, hehe...because most propably people would have allready notice

In short I stand for the new wizard speculation...Hopefully Friday's preview will have some new hint about it

Graywords

Bettychu, I choose YOU!
xechnao said:
A question guys because ignorance got me on this one:
What is astral projection and why do you need a cord to deal with it?

Here's a random Astral Projection link, the first thing that came up in Google...
http://www.crystalinks.com/astral.html

You can see many instances of this cord when Schierke is projecting herself into Guts' mind, in chapters 228-229 approximately.

One thing I notice is that the figure in chapter 244 seems... I don't know, weak? Like it has a weak grip on the physical world, at best. *shrugs*

Graywords said:
Here's a random Astral Projection link, the first thing that came up in Google...
http://www.crystalinks.com/astral.html

You can see many instances of this cord when Schierke is projecting herself into Guts' mind, in chapters 228-229 approximately.

One thing I notice is that the figure in chapter 244 seems... I don't know, weak?  Like it has a weak grip on the physical world, at best.  *shrugs*

Oh, thank you...
But I don't believe it's the case...when Shielke was projecting herself, her projection looked-like her...I doupt that there is somebody that looks like that silhouette over there

Kyosuke

Azumanga Berserkoh!
Tiddlywinks said:
Nah, I think there'll be some kind of significance. And if it was smoke, the strand looking part would be rising from the head.

It's some strange kind of paedophilic fishing, mayhap?

I think with most astral projecting you need a tether in order to anchor your warward spirit to your body. Anyway like you said, this might be kind of a "fishing" thing. Summon or tear a spirit from the now not very far away spirit world toss a spiritual noose around it and throw it into the real world. So when ever you choose you can jerk that noose, and let the spirit know just how close it is to destruction.

Its just conjecture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom