Author Topic: Episode 245  (Read 28845 times)

Offline Olivier Hague

• Chairman of the Board
  • Of the Vortex
Re: Episode 245
« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2004, 06:31:02 AM »
Today should be out isnt it?
Yeah, it's out.

Offline Yab

• Of the World
  • real bad ass
« Reply #51 on: September 24, 2004, 10:46:06 AM »
quick view on 245,fellows!
Struggle!

Offline xechnao

• The Board's Troll Boy
  • Of the Vortex
« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2004, 10:50:47 AM »
quick view on 245,fellows!

WOW                      
 Thanks
And the game plays on people's backs and they don't even have a clue about it, wasting their energy because their attention is distracted by the rulers' game itself.
Pay attention people. Watch your back!

Offline Yab

• Of the World
  • real bad ass
« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2004, 10:59:51 AM »
it shrinks,only 17 pages......
 :-X
Struggle!

Offline Nosferatubeast

« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2004, 11:07:37 AM »
That was badass, Yab!!! ;D  So, that site is our Japanese counterpart, eh!  The art was fantastic especially Schierke and those ships, and I guess the mystery of the matchstick man(men) is over.  By the way, was that the full episode or are there a couple of pages missing?  It seemed complete to me.  Either way, that was a pretty good way to start off my three day weekend.  Thanks again, Yab!!! 8)

Offline Yab

• Of the World
  • real bad ass
« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2004, 11:12:04 AM »
noting ;)
it seems only 17pages,and they R all pasted on......(The pics were out 3 hours ago,not 2 late)
by the way, its not the japanese counterpart,but one of Chinese counterpart of SK  ;)
maybe we could do some translation 1stly.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2004, 11:29:40 AM by Yab »
Struggle!

Offline scroto

• Of the World
  • Mmm....You don't say?
« Reply #56 on: September 24, 2004, 11:59:45 AM »
Neato!! Looks like a big old battle is brewing up there at the fort. Quick question, who was that knight guy on the horse?? He looked familiar??

Offline Vampire_Hunter_Bob

• SK.net Sergeant at Arms
  • Of the Abyss
« Reply #57 on: September 24, 2004, 12:02:30 PM »
it seems only 17pages,.

Nope, 18 pages. Page 15 is both 15 and 16.

Offline xechnao

• The Board's Troll Boy
  • Of the Vortex
« Reply #58 on: September 24, 2004, 12:07:58 PM »
Neato!! Looks like a big old battle is brewing up there at the fort. Quick question, who was that knight guy on the horse?? He looked familiar??

Mule
And the game plays on people's backs and they don't even have a clue about it, wasting their energy because their attention is distracted by the rulers' game itself.
Pay attention people. Watch your back!

Offline Nosferatubeast

« Reply #59 on: September 24, 2004, 12:18:12 PM »

Mule

Mule looked a little apostlish for a moment, but I guess it was because the picture was small.  They only partially showed Sonia too, I think.

Offline Bakou

245 _!_
« Reply #60 on: September 24, 2004, 12:32:08 PM »
Welp Jojohot scans just don't cut it for me, so here's something thats probably a little higher quality and a little easier to read ^^

Offline Yab

• Of the World
  • real bad ass
« Reply #61 on: September 24, 2004, 12:39:38 PM »
Hey,man.
Words just cant express how much I luv ya
Struggle!

Offline Olivier Hague

• Chairman of the Board
  • Of the Vortex
« Reply #62 on: September 24, 2004, 12:40:40 PM »
Nope, 18 pages.
19 pages. There are two double pages (4 and 15).

Offline akikaze

« Reply #63 on: September 24, 2004, 12:52:40 PM »
Bakouuu,
thank youuuuuu~

;D

Offline Mage

« Reply #64 on: September 24, 2004, 01:06:25 PM »
That pumpkin is hilarious.
-

Offline Vampire_Hunter_Bob

• SK.net Sergeant at Arms
  • Of the Abyss
« Reply #65 on: September 24, 2004, 01:27:07 PM »

19 pages. There are two double pages (4 and 15).

Oh.  ;D

That pumpkin is hilarious.

So was the pumpkin stu.

Offline Fletch

• Of the Interstice
  • Treading trodden trails for a long, long time.
« Reply #66 on: September 24, 2004, 01:44:34 PM »
Thanks for the scans!

So what exactly is going on in this chapter? I'm a tad confused. Too many word bubbles for me to catch what's going on without being able to read the language.

Looks to me as if Schierke stumbles upon the hanging corpses of some slave miners (?), who then try to communicate something (probably just their plight & asking for her help?). Schierke is obviously distressed by this, but what do the two guards she encounters have to say about all this? And why does she go to the ship, is that where the prisoners are debarking from? Or is that where the spirits told her to go? Something else?

What does Sonja have to say about the ghost tornado?

Isidro is up to usual Isidro stuff, of course, but what does he have to say about Mule? Do they recognize each other, or is that my imagination?

Offline akikaze

« Reply #67 on: September 24, 2004, 02:38:17 PM »
So what exactly is going on in this chapter? I'm a tad confused. Too many word bubbles for me to catch what's going on without being able to read the language.
I did not read the rest of your posting, but, what I can say just now is: Wait for the Translation!
;D

Offline yota821

« Reply #68 on: September 24, 2004, 02:39:43 PM »
The hanged people are Kushaan slaves.  But since there is a war going on, no one likes the Kushaan, especially the Holy Order that temporarily settled in.  Hence the hanging.

Shiercke makes the guards bury (burn?  All of those stupid chinese characters are in the way :-[) the bodies of the Kushaan.  She is surprised (and equally distressed) at the size of ships, and what their uses are (for war).

Mule doesn't recognize Isidro, he just picked up that Isidro said something about a witch, and wanted to learn more about it.
I'm just a poor, wayfaring stranger.......just moving along to the next habitation of demons.....

Offline Fletch

• Of the Interstice
  • Treading trodden trails for a long, long time.
« Reply #69 on: September 24, 2004, 03:30:33 PM »
The hanged people are Kushaan slaves.  But since there is a war going on, no one likes the Kushaan, especially the Holy Order that temporarily settled in.  Hence the hanging.

Shiercke makes the guards bury (burn?  All of those stupid chinese characters are in the way :-[) the bodies of the Kushaan.  She is surprised (and equally distressed) at the size of ships, and what their uses are (for war).

Mule doesn't recognize Isidro, he just picked up that Isidro said something about a witch, and wanted to learn more about it.

Ah, that makes more sense now, thanks yota.

akikaze, I just wanted a general idea =)

Offline kimchan

• Berserk Lovin' Gal
  • Of the Vortex
  • "Should I be overcome by the vapors?
« Reply #70 on: September 24, 2004, 03:53:10 PM »
Thanks to Yab, Bakou, and Yota for the scans and the clarification.  ;D

So, the mystery of the matchstick man is finally settled.  We got the noose part right at least.
Puck: He's my villa, Isidro.  And *he's* my main house, Guts.

Offline Rhombaad

• Old Fart in Training
  • Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
« Reply #71 on: September 24, 2004, 04:51:37 PM »
Thanks to everyone who posted scans!  What a great way to start out the weekend  ;D.

Offline Venus

• Of the World
  • if only...
« Reply #72 on: September 24, 2004, 05:13:09 PM »
Thanks to Yab, Bakou, and Yota for the scans and the clarification.  ;D

So, the mystery of the matchstick man is finally settled.  We got the noose part right at least.
Indeed  :)
thanks guys!  :-*

Offline miurafan

« Reply #73 on: September 24, 2004, 05:41:16 PM »
Yes, thanks for posting the scans so quickly!

Noose Man was…sad. It's always the little guy who gets the worst of it in a war. Ganishka might have been more creative than the Order in the art of displaying corpses, but no matter what side you're looking at it from, war sucks if you're some powerless schmuck.

Great art on the ships. Wow.

And Guts' crew is interacting with Griffith's! I'm so pleased to see this, even if it was minimal or, in Sonja and Schierke's case, not direct. But I'm happy with even crumbs.

The swirling spirits/souls reminded me a lot of that scene with Griffith communing with souls a few volumes back.

For those asking about Sonja's "power," if I remember correctly she's also able to communicate telepathically.

Griffith used her abilities on the battlefield to help win his skirmish against the Kushans. Hers was the voice Mule and his men heard in their heads ordering them to stay put, just before Griffith and his forces arrived.

The parallel to Schierke, who also communicates telepathically when Guts and Co. get into a fight, is pretty clear. If Sonja is capable of anything else, that's yet to be revealed (though it's worth nothing she's standing there when Mule has his overwhelming urge to kneel down and swear his fealty to Griffith.)

Speaking of Mule, if he's expressing an interest in witches, then...uh-oh.

His presence raises the question of what he's doing in the city to begin with. Even more curious is why Sonja is in the city. And is one of Griffith's apostle captains baby-sitting her? I hope so. ;) I'm hoping for Locus, though I wouldn't mind Grunbeld. If by some chance he ran into Guts, his reaction would be entertaining...

Quite the chapter. I hope Guts, Serpico, or Farnese stops Schierke from proclaiming her magic user status so frequently. I've been wondering for some time if Griffith would go after that little witch girl.

[Edited because I just read Saiki's tranlsation -- it's like Insta-Chapter here! I feel really grateful...and really spoiled.]
« Last Edit: September 24, 2004, 06:58:29 PM by miurafan »

Offline DemonX

• Noisy Insect
  • Quarantined
  • Of the Vortex
  • Jesus cries when he looks at me.
« Reply #74 on: September 24, 2004, 06:28:43 PM »
Well now we know mule and ishi will either become arch enemys or best friends forced to fight each other because they are on opposing sides. Guess we know about the stick man!

Thanks yab, bakou, yota, and saiki (an early thanks  ;))
I gave you fair warning! Now I am going to make a fool of myself in front of everybody! >:( Feel the ANGST! >:(