Episode 245

Nosferatu

BERSERK
That was badass, Yab!!! ;D So, that site is our Japanese counterpart, eh! The art was fantastic especially Schielke and those ships, and I guess the mystery of the matchstick man(men) is over. By the way, was that the full episode or are there a couple of pages missing? It seemed complete to me. Either way, that was a pretty good way to start off my three day weekend. Thanks again, Yab!!! 8)

Yab

real bad ass
noting ;)
it seems only 17pages,and they R all pasted on......(The pics were out 3 hours ago,not 2 late)
by the way, its not the japanese counterpart,but one of Chinese counterpart of SK ;)
maybe we could do some translation 1stly.

scroto

Mmm....You don't say?
Neato!! Looks like a big old battle is brewing up there at the fort. Quick question, who was that knight guy on the horse?? He looked familiar??

Bakou

I RIDE a llama!
245 _!_

Welp Jojohot scans just don't cut it for me, so here's something thats probably a little higher quality and a little easier to read ^^

fletch

Treading trodden trails for a long, long time.
Thanks for the scans!

So what exactly is going on in this chapter? I'm a tad confused. Too many word bubbles for me to catch what's going on without being able to read the language.

Looks to me as if Schrieke stumbles upon the hanging corpses of some slave miners (?), who then try to communicate something (probably just their plight & asking for her help?). Schrieke is obviously distressed by this, but what do the two guards she encounters have to say about all this? And why does she go to the ship, is that where the prisoners are debarking from? Or is that where the spirits told her to go? Something else?

What does Sonja have to say about the ghost tornado?

Ishidro is up to usual Ishidro stuff, of course, but what does he have to say about Mule? Do they recognize each other, or is that my imagination?

Fletch said:
So what exactly is going on in this chapter? I'm a tad confused. Too many word bubbles for me to catch what's going on without being able to read the language.
I did not read the rest of your posting, but, what I can say just now is: Wait for the Translation!
;D

The hanged people are Kushaan slaves.  But since there is a war going on, no one likes the Kushaan, especially the Holy Order that temporarily settled in.  Hence the hanging.

Shiercke makes the guards bury (burn?  All of those stupid chinese characters are in the way :-[) the bodies of the Kushaan.  She is surprised (and equally distressed) at the size of ships, and what their uses are (for war).

Mule doesn't recognize Isidoro, he just picked up that Isidoro said something about a witch, and wanted to learn more about it.

fletch

Treading trodden trails for a long, long time.
yota821 said:
The hanged people are Kushaan slaves.  But since there is a war going on, no one likes the Kushaan, especially the Holy Order that temporarily settled in.  Hence the hanging.

Shiercke makes the guards bury (burn?  All of those stupid chinese characters are in the way :-[) the bodies of the Kushaan.  She is surprised (and equally distressed) at the size of ships, and what their uses are (for war).

Mule doesn't recognize Isidoro, he just picked up that Isidoro said something about a witch, and wanted to learn more about it.

Ah, that makes more sense now, thanks yota.

akikaze, I just wanted a general idea =)

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
Thanks to Yab, Bakou, and Yota for the scans and the clarification. ;D

So, the mystery of the matchstick man is finally settled. We got the noose part right at least.

Venus

if only...
kimchan said:
Thanks to Yab, Bakou, and Yota for the scans and the clarification.  ;D

So, the mystery of the matchstick man is finally settled.  We got the noose part right at least.
Indeed :)
thanks guys! :-*

Yes, thanks for posting the scans so quickly!

Noose Man was…sad. It's always the little guy who gets the worst of it in a war. Ganishka might have been more creative than the Order in the art of displaying corpses, but no matter what side you're looking at it from, war sucks if you're some powerless schmuck.

Great art on the ships. Wow.

And Guts' crew is interacting with Griffith's! I'm so pleased to see this, even if it was minimal or, in Sonja and Schierke's case, not direct. But I'm happy with even crumbs.

The swirling spirits/souls reminded me a lot of that scene with Griffith communing with souls a few volumes back.

For those asking about Sonja's "power," if I remember correctly she's also able to communicate telepathically.

Griffith used her abilities on the battlefield to help win his skirmish against the Kushans. Hers was the voice Mule and his men heard in their heads ordering them to stay put, just before Griffith and his forces arrived.

The parallel to Schierke, who also communicates telepathically when Guts and Co. get into a fight, is pretty clear. If Sonja is capable of anything else, that's yet to be revealed (though it's worth nothing she's standing there when Mule has his overwhelming urge to kneel down and swear his fealty to Griffith.)

Speaking of Mule, if he's expressing an interest in witches, then...uh-oh.

His presence raises the question of what he's doing in the city to begin with. Even more curious is why Sonja is in the city. And is one of Griffith's apostle captains baby-sitting her? I hope so. ;) I'm hoping for Locus, though I wouldn't mind Grunbeld. If by some chance he ran into Guts, his reaction would be entertaining...

Quite the chapter. I hope Guts, Serpico, or Farnese stops Schierke from proclaiming her magic user status so frequently. I've been wondering for some time if Griffith would go after that little witch girl.

[Edited because I just read Saiki's tranlsation -- it's like Insta-Chapter here! I feel really grateful...and really spoiled.]

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Well now we know mule and ishi will either become arch enemys or best friends forced to fight each other because they are on opposing sides. Guess we know about the stick man!

Thanks yab, bakou, yota, and saiki (an early thanks ;))

Top Bottom