Episode 245

nir085

Horse and Armor
Thanks DemonX.

miurafan said:
The parallel to Schierke, who also communicates telepathically when Guts and Co. get into a fight, is pretty clear. If Sonja is capable of anything else, that's yet to be revealed (though it's worth nothing she's standing there when Mule has his overwhelming urge to kneel down and swear his fealty to Griffith.)
Eh, I don't think Sonia really needs to have any other kind of power because there would be no way she would be physically tougher than the other Apostles. If you're implying that she is capable of telepathic control (in your Mule example), then just look back at when Grunbeld had to rescue her. Humans don't get an intelligence boost when they become Apostles, I doubt the Apostles or monsters that were about to eat Sonia were much smarter than Mule. Sonia probably was just sticking close to her master because he may have needed her for something else.

And is one of Griffith's apostle captains baby-sitting her? I hope so. ;) I'm hoping for Locus, though I wouldn't mind Grunbeld. If by some chance he ran into Guts, his reaction would be entertaining...
Locus or Grunbeld's reaction? Locus' reaction would be more interesting, in my opinion, because we know he just wouldn't snarl and say something like "The black swordsman! You will die honorably by my fire weapons, you human low-level!" Although Locus is a little bit like Grunbeld in the sense that both uphold knight morality while at the same time, pledging their evil side to the head demon himself.

Hmm...I am wondering myself who is babysitting Mule and Sonia, if anyone. My guess is that they both decided to big boys/girls and go by themself or Grunbeld decided to tag along, maybe with a few apostles. I say that because when we last see the BoTh, we see all the important people except Grunbeld. Zodd was able to get to Midland and not Grunbeld because of his wings (aerial travel is always faster), so Grunbeld could have taken a detour and tagged along with Mule/Sonia once again. Griffith probably doesn't trust his other apostles to take care of them after what happened to them before.

Quite the chapter. I hope Guts, Serpico, or Farnese stops Schierke from proclaiming her magic user status so frequently. I've been wondering for some time if Griffith would go after that little witch girl.
My (not so genius) speculation for next chapter is that they are going to know for sure that Schierke is a witch. Maybe they'll end up fleeing Vritannis because of that...and the Salem Witch Hunt will be put into motion.

Thanks scans/trans providers.

Thanks for the scans guys!!!!

Hmmm... this time round was a quiet chapter but then it was quite good as well... I feel sad for Isidro and Mule, they didnt know they were on opposite side and if I am not wrong they may get along better and better as the chapter progress...

And for Sonja, did she know Scherike is a witch or worst Flora disciple? If she know (due to her telepathy) then Guts band will in trouble (since Griffith didnt like Witches ;D)

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
nir085 said:
Although Locus is a little bit like Grunbeld in the sense that both uphold knight morality while at the same time, pledging their evil side to the head demon himself.

I wouldn't go as far as to call Rakshas, Grunbeld, Locus, Irvine or Zodd evil. Hell the only one that I'd call evil would have to be Rakshas, and that's only because I don't know a lot about the guy.

nir085

Horse and Armor
They still all went through the Apostle transformation process...so Rakshas may be the exception when it comes to evil, but he seems bloodthirsty enough to be considered evil. Grunbeld thought it was dishonorable to attack an old woman ('s house), but he did so anyways, while knowing that his master is a demon lord, so he's still evil.

Hmmm... this time round was a quiet chapter but then it was quite good as well...
Less quiet than previous chapters where things revolved around plot points. Things are beginning to move in this chapter.

I feel sad for Isidro and Mule, they didnt know they were on opposite side and if I am not wrong they may get along better and better as the chapter progress...
Is that sarcasm that I'm not managing to detect? Why do you think they'll get along? An immediate blood feud between the two would seem unlikely and too predictably stupid, but what evidence is there to speculate that the two will like each other at all? Isidro has never even been to Midland, as far as we know.

nir085 said:
Is that sarcasm that I'm not managing to detect? Why do you think they'll get along? An immediate blood feud between the two would seem unlikely and too predictably stupid, but what evidence is there to speculate that the two will like each other at all? Isidro has never even been to Midland, as far as we know.

Speculation my friend speculation...

Thanks for the scans.
GutsforWeb.jpg

Maybe I can get Lith to help me with the hanging corpses scan (14-15).

yes, thank you for the scans! ;D,

and my favorite part was the face guts made at the end,

it looks like somethin big is gonna go down,

and jon colored it perfectly!!!!

awesome, i read it, then starting reading the posts here,

and then blam! my favorite part was colored,

excellent!!!!!

i enjoy the way miura explains stuff,

then we will eventually see destruction!!!!!!

i love it so, and the anticipation,

my favorite part of course!!!!! :)

im so happy i cant even speculate right now!

- c (happy!!!!!!!!  ;D)

Heh, should have guessed that the match stick guy would end up really being a dead guy with a rope around his neck.
Its not the first time that dead people in the story are still connected that which killed them in the first place, the dead bodies that are still stuck to the wheels in the Evil road chapter in volume 18.

Anyway what I'm wondering is if Mule is asking about the witch to kill her under the command of Griffith.

Oh and of course thanks for the scans. But why are scanlations not allowed here?

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
Big ships huh... and Griffith has people in the city... clearly Elfhelm (or however you intend to say it) is gonna meet the same fate as Flora

Yab

real bad ass
I wanna say sorry in advance
(no offence 2 EG & Saiki)
The translation of page 11 has missed a sentence & EG didin't correct it.
"missin the 1st sentence:
guard-but they are once and for all Kushan......
(then each sentence moves )

guard - But they're slaves that lived in Vritanis

Scherkei - slaves...

guard - Vritanis is a city of merchants. They sell anything that makes money. No matter what and no matter who they sell it to.

guard - In other countries, the Kushans are enemies but in this city, they're products. Kind of like livestock

guard - But now they can't be doing that anymore. Since Vritannis got chosen to be the garrison for Holy See Order.

guard - So the city couldn't just leave them in the city free to roam anymore. So instead they were used as sacrifices

guard - They're not sinners/criminals. They were just unlucky

Scherkie - For that reason....
(the sentence :"guard - So the city couldn't just leave them in the city free to roam anymore. So instead they were used as sacrifices" is in one blank)

Is it right? ^_^

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
Its Walter's policy... I think I understand it... lemme try to explain.
It is absurd for someone outside of japan to try to follow Berserk through Young Animal. It is much more reasonable, however, to buy a released volume.
Now, raw scans only hold so much interest. They're easily forgotten on the internet. Scanslations, however, have staying power cause people are lazy. This results in people downloading scans rather then buying volumes. This means less money in Miura's pocket, which means less quantifiable incentive to keep writeing Berserk.

anyways, maybe we aught to have this policy somewhere... stickied and whatnot... if it is somewhere, I'm not aware of it...

Yab

real bad ass
Majin Tenshi said:
Its Walter's policy... I think I understand it... lemme try to explain. 
It is absurd for someone outside of japan to try to follow Berserk through Young Animal.  It is much more reasonable, however, to buy a released volume. 
Now, raw scans only hold so much interest.  They're easily forgotten on the internet.  Scanslations, however, have staying power cause people are lazy.  This results in people downloading scans rather then buying volumes.  This means less money in Miura's pocket, which means less quantifiable incentive to keep writeing Berserk. 

anyways, maybe we aught to have this policy somewhere... stickied and whatnot... if it is somewhere, I'm not aware of it...
we luv Berserk,but someone cant find a place to buy the newest volume in his country quickly enough(maybe 1 year later.)
but 4 the luv of berserk, I believe dudes here all will buy it 4 collection when they get the choice.

OK, I suspected it was along those lines of Scanlations are more appealing to the average person over raws, and because of that they at times will not bother to buy the original work which is morally wrong, but does that mean only true, honest fans don't mind reading raws?

We must take into consideration that there are many people here who don't mind reading the Japanese raws like those who will go to the trouble of buying the Japanese volumes, consequently it would make little or no difference to if it's scanlated or not meaning they could just as easily put off buying the volumes indefinitely if they don't mind in the slightest if its translated on or of the work.

Now I can't speak for everyone but I KNOW I will buy the Berserk volumes when they come out in english without question, however until then prehaps I should be the forum martyr and make the sacrifice of putting myself through a unconfortable way of reading until then (which is over 5 years til current volumes), or better yet buy the whole Japanese set then rebuy the Darkhorse afterwards leaving me with one set of the Japanese version worth several hundred dollars that wouldn't be ever touched again.

For those who don't mind where the english words are then fine, but I trust myself to do the right thing in the future as Darkhorse continue to bring out the volumes.

i already have #5 pre-ordered!!!! ;D

i have raws, scans, translations, scanlations, hubble telescope renderings, radar and sonar notches, i have all the released english versions, and i plan on buying the japanese versions for  collectors items,

i also have many statues, figures, i have a crying behelit, a damn skullknight figure that cant stand up for more than a week  >:(,

i have pictures from the manga, pictures people made, pictures i made, gifs, jpegs, mpegs, avi, sticker on my truck  8)

i have a bunch of Berserk stuff and plan to keep on getting it,

i do have a question though,

if we cant show people what Berserk is and have them understand (cause not everyone in the world speaks every language  ;)), how can we get people to buy a volume?

here, spend your money and buy this cause i said so,

all they need is an example,

now i dont agree with stealing the scans and translations,

that is bad :-X,

but after i played the dreamcast game i thought that was it,

3 years later i went into media-play and saw guts face on a dvd, he looked familiar, so i bought it,

after watching them all, i had the usuall wtf??!?! it cant be over feeling,

i looked into it and later saw it was a comic, manga if you will,

there were no US versions, and i only know english,

i really didnt wanna wait 7 years after everyone else to see what Berserk was,

the rest is history, i love it so much, i bought alot of Berserk stuff and make little things here and there, ya know, gifs, videos, pictures etc,

and how can you count manga sales that were never there?

dont count your chickens before the eggs hatch :)

if one never sees a scan, translation, scanlation, etc, what would give them the motivation to buy one?

i think if anything, all this stuff gets people into it and brings people from around the world into Berserk,

just my opinion of course ;D

- c 8)

imo, EG and the Hawks aren't that different from eachother.
But at least there won't be any major translation errors like the ones that the Hawks have made in the past.
(As long as I don't screw up really bad somewhere ;))
Even if I said no, I know they would've both used it anyways.

But posting the link to the EG scanlations is kinda pointless here i think..........

Yab

real bad ass
OK, I didint mean to do that......(only wanna share sth,anyway)
now,back the topic to 245
a colored page in 245
http://img1.uploadimages.net/611146JOJO_018.gif
(and 2 mo in 244: http://jump.manlu.com/0925/berserk/244rqf/JOJO_021.jpg
http://jump.manlu.com/0925/berserk/244rqf/JOJO_002&003.jpg )

Yab said:
best joke in this century.......

Glad it made you laugh...

Just don't have enough time to sift through the pages...

Anyway how many days after the preview do the episodes usually get released? New episodes every 2 weeks or so right?

Sparnage said:
I did find it funny to see that Isidro was using a punkins head with a face drawn on to try and find Schierke.

Yeah that part was funny ;D. But I couldn't figure out what was Isidro hit with on his head by that man behind him?

Top Bottom