Ghost in the shell Innocence is out!

Ok from what I have heard this movie just came to America on the big screen, not where I am but it is also around the net so people now have access to it one way or another.

Anyway has anyone seen this yet? From the trailers that have gone around in the past most would agree the animation is just fucking fantastic to say the least.

The first movie was interesting but I probably enjoyed the series more honestly, regardless I still have high expectations for this movie and look forward to seeing it in the near future.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
http://www.gofishpictures.com/GITS2/playdates.html to see where its playing NEAR YOU
for me its not out till the 1st

I have seen it subbed by a "certain notorious group"... of course they were lazy and there are numerous lines without subs... for those of you who've seen their fansub... its now out in DVDrip version instead of theatre camcorded.

When it finally comes out to Australia on the big screen I doubt very much it will play on the big screen in the pissy little area I live in.

My brother is grabbing the DVD rip as we speak, leaving his system on for days on end actually. Do you know if the new rip version has improved subs or is it the same as the theatre camcord?

God damnit none in New Jersey, i saw the series at an AnimeNext (the first 5 episodes) and it kicked ass and was really looking forward to watch it on the big screen

Kyosuke

Azumanga Berserkoh!
Already seen it (BTW: The Hawks have a handcam, incredibly shittily subbed version of it available for download I guess they now have a DVD rip w00t). I'll decline to comment (I really liked it) untill some more people have seen it, not to spoil anything.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
actualy, from the TV clips I've seen, the DVD rip is still pretty bad. In the TV clips, theres a guy with giant scizors for an arm, while its dark, its still easy to see whats happening. In the DVD rip, you can't see anything except for the occasional shine from the blades.

My brother was half way through downloading the theatre version before I told him about the DVD rip he just missed, but we finally got it.

I thought it was pretty good myself, certain bits were confusing and I would watch it a second time before having a better grasp of the situation, preferably from a better translation to be honest. As was said there were missing lines here and there during the film which was annoying but oh well.

I think this one was much more philosophical and less political than the first one, but overall very loyal to the first movie. Very story driven but had good action moments also, fans of the first one wont be disappointed. Even if you didn't think heaps of the first it's still worth a look.... that is unless you hated it.

Oh and needless to say the special effects were simply beautiful, it's like they were unconsciously showing them off big time the whole way through which is very understandable if thats the case, and to think that most Anime series will probably look at least this good within 10 years is a nice thought.

Majin if you are referring to the Hawks DVD rip then it's definitely not true, it was great quality.   

I heard that the characters are horrible, one-dimensional caricatures spewing Oshii's bleak philosophy on life. Sounds uninteresting.

But I heard the animation's gorgeous, as always.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
Try watching it first.
Why do I have to see something in order to say what other people have said about it?
I never said, "THIS IS THE WORST MOVIE EVER CAUSE I HEARD THAT OTHER PEOPLE THINK IT SUCKS!!!", just that it didn't sound interesting (to me) from what I've read.
That's not the same thing, is it? And I will, more than likely, watch it when it comes out, with less than pants-wetting enthusiasm.

ranemaka13 said:
I heard that the characters are horrible, one-dimensional caricatures spewing Oshii's bleak philosophy on life. Sounds uninteresting.

But I heard the animation's gorgeous, as always.

But.... but I said it was good, and I'm grand opinion man!

It carries on the quality of the first, so if the first film or stand alone complex wasn't your thing then you probably would see this one around the same.
In neither the GITS movies or series do they really go indepth with personal character issues in comparison to other Anime, aside philosophical conversations that I found interesting, but it's very unfair to say they are one dimensional.

I understand how it's not everyones type of viewing, but regardless of opinion Ghost in the shell is undoutably one of the more sophisticated and modern Anime stories out to date.

Top Bottom