anime episode 24

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
i don't get it...
in episode 24 of the anime, shortly after griffith realizes that the tide might turn 'cause of the power of the behelit, when gattsu is running towards him he says something like:
"no, please don't - if you touch me now i will never be..."

never be what? what?
after gattsu touches griffith, the behelit starts to cry tears of blood.

why?
is it because gattsu somehow interfered in fate?

eintrigga

Today's Yamaba?
i don't get it...
in episode 24 of the anime, shortly after griffith realizes that the tide might turn 'cause of the power of the behelit, when gattsu is running towards him he says something like:
"no, please don't - if you touch me now i will never be..."

never be what? what?
after gattsu touches griffith, the behelit starts to cry tears of blood.

why?
is it because gattsu somehow interfered in fate?

...be able to forgive you

berserk buffs, please don't hurt me if i get this wrong...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Eintrigga is correct. Griffith originally said "ill never be able to forgive you." in the Young Animal, but it was changed and edited out in the published Tankoubon.

My personal take on that line is that Griffith is emphasizing that he does not want Guts to take 'care' of him any longer. Griffith desires to be in control of his own destiny, and not be treated as a helpless cripple. If (and when) Guts would bear him on his shoulder, Griffith would lose his free will; turned into someone cared after. No longer a dream chaser. He is attempting to rid himself of this possiblity, and we all know how it ends: Griffith back in the 'drivers seat' :p

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
yeah, i read it walter, that's a very good point...
but i still don't understand, what the fact that gattsu touches griffith might change.
would it then be impossible for griffith to become a godhand (do as you will)

and if so, why?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
yeah, i read it walter, that's a very good point...
but i still don't understand, what the fact that gattsu touches griffith might change.
would it then be impossible for griffith to become a godhand (do as you will)

and if so, why?
Im not positive I understand what youre asking...but Guts DID touch Griffith after that if you'll notice. And technically, nothing could stop Griffith from making his choice. The whole 'do as you will' thing is complete bullshit when you think about it. If Idea creates events in which people are led to make certain decisions 9as revelealed in the 83), and your entire life was influenced by Idea, how can you tell that the choice you made was your own, and not exactly what Idea desired?

Point is: What was destined to happen, will happen...Unless Skully or Guts (current Guts, not Hawks Guts) get involved, then Causality doesnt really know what to do  :p

aelka

*gasp* you know how hot I am? *no.*
To answer your question simply:

It's a symbolic sign that Griffith wants to break away from Gatts emotionally, or else he will never be able to break away from Gatts again.

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
>If Idea creates events in which people are led to make certain decisions 9as revelealed in the 83), and your entire life was influenced by Idea, how can you tell that the choice you made was your own, and not exactly what Idea desired?

my idea ;D about this is following:
idea knows that human are doing evil things because it's their own will! i can't remember having seen idea influencing the storyline. it's just like in our world... terrorists don't sacrifice their lifes and crash into the twin towers, because an evil force is directing them. they do it because it is their will to do it! (the most cruel thing that could possibly happen)

what i want to say with this is, that the idea of evil and freewill go hand in hand!

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
no reaction on that? :-[
oh ok...

to go back to my first statement:
griffith says: if you touch me now, i'll never be able to forgive you again. and what if gattsu wouldn't have followed him and touched him? would that mean that griffith could forgive Gattsu, and that nothing happens anymore? Would griffith not be transformed into femto, if he break away from gattsu?

aelka

*gasp* you know how hot I am? *no.*
probably. I guess the whole thing was just to convey your emotion that's not something that can put into rational words. I mean, at that time, in that place, it makes total sense for Griffith to think something like this out of confusion of what he exactly means.

And referring to if he'll ever turn into Femto or something: I think it's what Void called the predicable effect of the cycle of karma....

Top Bottom