Terrorists, gedonaddaheayah

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
If you havent payed any attention to the news, The World Trade Center, or the Twin Towers as some call them have been destroyed by 2 757's that plowed their way through the buildings early this morning.  The pentagon's army division was also destroyed, (taking up about 1/5 of the pentagon itself) I personally am still stunned, and have been watching the news for the past 6 hours.

On a more comical note, President Bush has informed us that he will "get those folks".

How reassuring...

****Update****
My friend Dboykun (the guy who coded the old BBS here) just informed me of this:

"There were reports of gunfire in celebration of the attacks in Lebanon, home to some 360,000 Palestinian refugees."

......wow, Im really a big fan of humanity right now.

"Freedom itself was attacked this morning...by a facelss coward...and will be defended." - Bush, 11 September 2001(i believe it was something like that. seems like itd be an famous quote in the future though).

and those that were responsible shall see what our retaliation can be.

wunwong

NOw...To gEt mY hANds uNstUcK.....
Its hard to say who did it though...the Middle East really don't have the resources to do it, AND hide their involvement....the US would have found out for sure if they did it. More than that, there are plenty of people who'd want to do it. Also, the manner by which the planes were taken control of is still unknown....

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
It most likely is a small radical faction backed with funding by some country or government official.

Thatd make a good plot for a movie anyway..

P

paradiselost

...that's better than an movie, I can see...

;)

...however, I'm really sorry for what it happened...it was something very bad...but...

...show must go on, guys...it's hard, but it has to be in this way...

:(

Tenshin

penis + man butt = happy homo
the 'show' should not go on, it should stop until the perpetrators are brought to justice. the incidents that took place today should NOT be forgotten!

The terrorist responsible for today's tragedies should be found and punished as quickly as possible, be he american or any other nationality.

the acts that were sadly commited today make me question my faith in humanity.

P

paradiselost

...well, it seems now that US is not bombing Kabul, but people of Massud is doing that....however, I told you...

...we have to try to be as normal as it is possible, 'cause this is life...

;)

Ahmed

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
I was watching the bombing on TV from the begining, god there was so many people in those buildings god may have Mercy on their souls :'(

but the attacks described as very Sophisticated no orgenaization in the middle east can do it

I disagree, that arguement has been used too many times in this thread. It is relatively easy for one psychopath to destroy the peace of millions of people. Look at the JFK assasination. It required a great deal of organization, but it isn't rocket science. ???

CnC

Ad Oculos
this whole day has been an experience.
I'm in Savannah, Georgia and the federal buildings and banks here are all closed.
Classes are cancelled tomorrow.

And right now NONE of us knows exactly whats going on. We're pretty sure it was this Ben Ladan guy, who knows.

NYC looks like a warzone right now. Apparently none of the important stuff was hit in the Pentagon.

whatta day.

floydboy

Is There anybody out there?
Around 9am I get online and see that a friend is on as well.  I AIM him and see his autoresponse: Someone just flew a fucking plane into one of the world trade center towers....

I still had a few minutes on a prepaid phone card, so I call him.  "hey where are you"  responds "near Times Square"  ....few seconds....BOOM  "What the hell was that?"  "Holy shit another plane just crashed into one of the towers"   And so it goes.....

Luckily all of my friends in the area are ok physically...but it still blows my mind.  So crazy.....

Some thoughts from me: yes, the perpetrators need to be caught and punished.  Yes, this is an awful time indeed.  But we all need to keep going on with our lives.  No matter the causes of the people who did this, whether they be religious, economic, or social, we can't allow ourselves to be dragged into the scheme and stop our lives.  Despite what the terrorists goals may have been, if we stop everything we are doing and concentrate on them instead of going on with our way of life, then the terrorists have succeeded.  Their object is to disrupt our way of living.  

We do need to catch the perpetrators.  But are individaul selves cannot do this.  Let the people who can go do their job.  Instead, why don't we try to help.  Give blood, help clothing/food drives, whatever.  

I am still shocked, and probably will be for a while.  Makes someone really see how valuable life can be....

Just a few thoughts.

Sorry for the double post (actually by now it probably isn’t a double post), but my modem is freezing up my computer about every five minutes so.

As I was saying, this is not the act of some rich evil genius, as we would all like to believe. In fact I think that anybody with an I.Q. over 100 and some patience could commit this kind of act. As with most developed countries people in America are given a great deal of personal freedom. In your average airport civilians have access to any room…….Anybody can get a job as an aircraft mechanic. If people are intent on hijacking an airplane in this fashion, it would only be a matter of time before they could find some hole in security. So let’s evaluate what it would take to make something like this to happen.

Money: The most expensive thing a foreign terrorist would need is plane ticket over here. Once here, a person would need very little to highjack an airplane. If the passenger(s) catch crewmember by surprise it would be possible to use something as simple as a piece of ceramics as a weapon.

I.Q. This category is a bit more taxing. Most likely the terrorist would have to know English. (I know that I’m assuming that the terrorists were foreign, but follow me with this) The terrorist would have to have some knowledge as to how to steer a plane. The terrorist would not have to be an extremely well trained pilot because, there would be no need to take off or land. (although not anybody could have done this) As far as the timing, it would be much easier to highjack ten planes at once as oppose to ten planes over ten months (protocol would be changed during that time period to prevent that from happening again in the same way)

I would say that there is probably about a 10-15% chance that the pilots were Americans. (definitely quite possible, Timothy McVeigh was American) I would guess that the other 90% chance is that it was Islamic fundamentalists. Given recent events, that would seem the most logical candidate is Benladem (yah I probably miss-spelled that) He is being protected by the Taliban in Afghanistan. Also the United States boycotted the United Nations’ human rights summit because of anti-Jewish rhetoric…. So the U.S. is pretty unpopular with fundamentalist Muslims right now (that goes without saying, o.k. well I said it)

I realize that many of y’all have already thought of these things or heard them on the news, but I decided to take it upon myself to worry the shit out of the rest of you. I get real cynical when I'm in a bad mood >:(

eintrigga

Today's Yamaba?
i think the worst part about this attack is that punishing the deserved would not help at all...to return violence with violence is almost ineffective....especially when the attackers believe themselves to be the righteous....

if, only if, we can let the attackers understand and willing change their minds about their views (and possibly repent)...this i believe, is the best, if not the impossible, solution...yup, call me naive and weak, but that's how i see it

to quote that ever so beloved question (from planescape torment):

what can change the nature of a man?

--belief---

P

paradiselost

...well, they points are:

- pilots of airplanes were at 100% islamic...
- they killed pilots with knifes, and guided the airplanes against Pentagon and the Twin Towers...
- islamic tried to do the same in Italy for the G8 of Genova, but in that case we were really lucky, 'cause we took all these crazy bomb - people before they reached to exploed themselves...
- what to say more? I'll try to keep you informed for all informations that I'll have during this day, surely something more I'll know later...

...for Cronus: my smile it was to put out all the drama of the situation, don't think I'm insensible or stupid, or that I want to play about something like this, ok?

what is most important is that all the people, me, and all you, try to do the same like before, we have not to be changed by all this, 'cause what islamic want is to let us change our abitudes, to let us have fear of what can happen...they'll be happy if they'll see us with fear...

...well...

...we have not to have fear...

...I can tell you something for sure: since that bad moment of the airplanes against the Twin Towers, they have to have fear NOW...

...believe, if I tell you this...

talk you later...

C

Cheshire

Has anyone noticed a total lack of information on the bombings/missiling that went on in Kabul, Afghanistan last evening? (I'm in EST, so I'm not aware of the actual time the bombings, etc accurred.) I've spent most of the morning searching online for, well, anything on them and, well, I'm getting worried. Maybe it's too early and all this crap happening in my hometown has gotten me paranoid.
Oh, and I just had a thought about the plane hijackings: do those "new" ceramic blades used in some specialitty kitchen and hunting knives set off contemporary metal detectors?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Explosions are heard in Kabul, Afghanistan, hours after terrorist attacks targeted financial and military centers in the United States. The attacks occurred at 2:30 a.m. local time. Afghanistan is believed to be the home of Saudi militant Osama bin Laden, who U.S. officials say is possibly behind Tuesday's deadly attacks. U.S. officials say later that the United States had no involvement in the incident whatsoever.
This was from CNN. I also heard from 3 different sources that it was anti-Taliban forces based in north Afghanistan that attacked Kabul in retaliation for an attack on their leader

Top Bottom