I dont think Zodd sacrificed anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlimJ87D

Apollo
I wanted to get your opinions on Zodd. When I read a conversation with him and Griffith (The Hawk form) Griffith said that you never wished for anything. Could this mean that he didn't sacrafice anything to become an Apostle?

Venus

if only...
Re: I dont think Zodd sacraficed anyone.

speculating that is, I kinda never saw Zodd to be just a common Apostle... But for Griffith's comment, I guess it could be taken in many ways.

yeah, we know so little,

it could have been a special behelit,

or had a curse/spell etc.,

but just because he didnt wish for anything,

doesnt mean he necessarily didnt sacrifice anything,

i mean im sure not every apostle wished to kill someone in their family,

of course i could be wrong ;D

- c

10-4 said:
I mean im sure not every apostle wished to kill someone in their family.
To sacrifice someone they have to be very, very close to you. As to why the Count could not sacrifice Guts in volume 3.

10-4 said:
but just because he didn't wish for anything doesnt mean he necessarily didnt sacrifice anything.
Agreed. At first I thought that he sacrificed SkullKnight, but now I think he might have sacrificed someone in his army or whatnot. But the fact that he sacrificed them left a hole in himself leading him not to wish.

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.

Maybe perhapes Zodd is a special case.

Is there a limit to just sacrificing a person?
How about something valuble that the person owns?
It is only said the sacrifice is somthing the person loves.
What if, Zodd sacrificed his soul for power?

SlimJ87D said:
I wanted to get your opinions on Zodd. When I read a conversation with him and Griffith (The Hawk form) Griffith said that you never wished for anything. Could this mean that he didn't sacrafice anything to become an Apostle?

Probably not the case. There is no reason to why he wouldn't have to make a sacrifice just like everyone else. Besides he was human originally, then he choose to become a Apostle regardless of a sacrifice or not (which there almost certainly was) it really wouldn't change the situation.

Miyu

I'm smiling on the inside.

SlimJ87D said:

I don't think that Griffith meant that literally Zodd had no desires whatsoever. It's only natural for everyone to want something even if it's to fight for all eternity as in Zodd's case. I interpret that phrase to mean that Zodd had no greater desires such as becoming king or the greatest fighter in the world. The one wish we know he's trying to find is the Ultimate Strong One.

Normally, you would think that if you wanted to be strong, you would wish to become the Ultimate Strong One, but instead Zodd is searching for him. His desire to become an apostle was probably so he could live for an eternity to find the challenge he wants to find. But as far as we know, only finding the ultimate fight and serving the Godhand are the only things that he seems to desire and nothing more. He's just a good soldier who will serve without thinking about a greater purpose for himself. That's my interpretation.

What if Zodd had nothing to sacrifice? What if he was like Gutts back in the day when he was like 15? what would he sacrifice then? there would be nothing, maybe that was his case...

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
NeoBerserker said:
What if Zodd had nothing to sacrifice? What if he was like Gutts back in the day when he was like 15? what would he sacrifice then? there would be nothing, maybe that was his case...
Well, you must sacrifice something to be an apostle. So without some sacrifice, one cannot become an apostle, at least with the rules we know about.
Although there must be a sacrifice, it does not mean there can not be a self sacrifice(like the behilit apostle, but that seemed to be because he was not connected at all to the outside world.)But I don't beleive Zodd was self-sacrifice.

DarkBlademaster

Sparnage said:
Exactly, he probably wouldn't have lived for as long as he has if he were a self sacrifice.

What if he sacrificed something else, like he bent the rules a little, like his compassion or love or something like that? Zodd always seemed to be the apostle different from the others, the one who is always making exceptions.

DemonX said:
What if he sacrificed something else, like he bent the rules a little, like his compassion or love or something like that? Zodd always seemed to be the apostle different from the others, the one who is always making exceptions.

Prehaps there was something else, but then I couldn't think of what it could be.
In any case practically all Apostles lose compassion and love so that couldn't be that.

Miyu

I'm smiling on the inside.
Sparnage said:
Prehaps there was something else, but then I couldn't think of what it could be.
In any case practically all Apostles lose compassion and love so that couldn't be that.

Agreed. Zodd is an exceptional apostle, but I don't think that would make him exempt from making a sacrifice. The Godhand do follow rules. Besides, a sacrifice has to be physical, not metaphorical.

One thing I think a few of you all are missing is when this conversation about not ever wishing anything took place. If I'm guessing right (correct me if I am wrong), this is taking place when Zodd is standing on that mountain of dead bodies thinking about whether or not he would ever find the Ultimate Strong One. Then comes along the figure of a White Hawk and Zodd loses his horn. During that scene, Zodd was starting to question whether he'll ever find the ultimate fight. The White Hawk stating that Zodd never wished for anything doesn't seem to imply he never made the sacrifice given the situation. It was merely a question to make Zodd reflect on what he is and why he is an apostle. There is no implication that Zodd didn't make a sacrifice and was instantly turned into an apostle. We know how the Godhand are about their rules of causality and breaking them would be a big no-no.

DarkBlademaster

Sparnage said:

Wrong, the slug count did not lose his love for his daughter. Further more, Ronishu did not lose her love and compassion for Jill, as a best friend.

DemonX said:
Wrong, the slug count did not lose his love for his daughter. Further more, Ronishu did not lose her love and compassion for Jill, as a best friend.

But their is no doubt that their ethics and empathy are severely cut down to almost nothing. Besides Zodd in comparison to other Apostles is more ethical than some, he like Grunbeld keeps his fights one on one, he let Guts and Skully leave after the Eclipse when he could have easily killed Guts and he seems pretty civil in general at least in comparison to other Apostles.

The question is why would his situation be any different, he is simply one of the more powerful Apostles who has a bigger role in the story.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
DemonX said:
Well, first off, the fact that he was left guarding the enterence to the abyss during the eclipes shows that he is alot different then the other apostles.

Guh... First, the Eclipse didn't take place in the Abyss. Second, Zodd wasn't left to guard the entrance, when SK tells him so, he replies he doesn't care about that kind of things, is only interested in strong ones, and knew SK would show up (the reason why he was waiting there, to be able to fight him).

The God Hand members were surprised by SK's interference, it wouldn't have been the case if they had set up Zodd to guard it in the first place, because it means they would have been expecting someone powerful to try to get in.

DarkBlademaster

Aazealh said:
Guh... First, the Eclipse didn't take place in the Abyss. Second, Zodd wasn't left to guard the entrance, when SK tells him so, he replies he doesn't care about that kind of things, is only interested in strong ones, and knew SK would show up (the reason why he was waiting there, to be able to fight him).

The God Hand members were surprised by SK's interference, it wouldn't have been the case if they had set up Zodd to guard it in the first place, because it means they would have been expecting someone powerful to try to get in.

Ok then, the fact that Zodd did not care what was going on into the abyss. But if the abyss did not take place in the abyss, where did it take place? I'll sleep peacfully if I learn something new today.

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
DemonX said:
Ok then, the fact that Zodd did not care what was going on into the abyss. But if the abyss did not take place in the abyss, where did it take place? I'll sleep peacfully if I learn something new today.
I'm assuming(assume makes an ass of U and Me. ;D) that you mean where the eclipse took place. And if that is what you mean, I was always under the impression that it occured Mostly in the Nexus, and partly in the corpeal world. But not in the abyss.  ;D

ZODDOII

BERSERK
2004913165441533.jpg

+

=
gaiseric-helmet.gif

this is my answer,zodd and skullknight were very old "friend" that
means they were same one person....king gaiseric. so this can answer
us why they always fight eachother~ and always can not stop,and why
only one "Apostle" can always fight skullknight....you can see them on

the king gaiseric's helm, that humanskull face and that lionbeast crown

so zodd didn't sacrafice anything to become an "Apostle", he just show

us what he is,but why he can be like this, this must be another long

story.......

;) ;)

I thought the idea that SK and Void were king Gaiseric once is already ridiculous... I couldnt imagine there is something more absurb than that by saying Zodd and SK were 1 person :eek:

Miyu said:
Agreed.  Zodd is an exceptional apostle, but I don't think that would make him exempt from making a sacrifice.  The Godhand do follow rules.  Besides, a sacrifice has to be physical, not metaphorical. 

One thing I think a few of you all are missing is when this conversation about not ever wishing anything took place.  If I'm guessing right (correct me if I am wrong), this is taking place when Zodd is standing on that mountain of dead bodies thinking about whether or not he would ever find the Ultimate Strong One.  Then comes along the figure of a White Hawk and Zodd loses his horn.  During that scene, Zodd was starting to question whether he'll ever find the ultimate fight.  The White Hawk stating that Zodd never wished for anything doesn't seem to imply he never made the sacrifice given the situation.  It was merely a question to make Zodd reflect on what he is and why he is an apostle.  There is no implication that Zodd didn't make a sacrifice and was instantly turned into an apostle.  We know how the Godhand are about their rules of causality and breaking them would be a big no-no.

Definitely, the Godhand represent the Idea who obviously makes things happen, and he makes it so that there is always something physical and important to sacrifice, after all even the Egg Apostle had to sacrifice something physical.

Most importantly though is why? Why would his situation be any different to the next Apostle aside being more powerful? He is still after all an Apostle and there isn't the slightest amount of evidence to suggest his sacrifice was any different, so I can't understand why you are so set on this theory, Demon.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Sparnage said:
Most importantly though is why? Why would his situation be any different to the next Apostle aside being more powerful? He is still after all an Apostle and there isn't the slightest amount of evidence to suggest his sacrifice was any different

Yeah, and I'll add a question to this: What makes Guts so much more powerful than the random human warrior ?

Silat and the Tapasa for example are incredible fighters, but he'd defeat them easily. I think it's the same for Zodd, he's just more talented than the average apostle (of course, his story is more interesting too).

I

Italian_demon

Sparnage said:
But their is no doubt that their ethics and empathy are severely cut down to almost nothing. Besides Zodd in comparison to other Apostles is more ethical than some, he like Grunbeld keeps his fights one on one, he let Guts and Skully leave after the Eclipse when he could have easily killed Guts and he seems pretty civil in general at least in comparison to other Apostles.

The question is why would his situation be any different, he is simply one of the more powerful Apostles who has a bigger role in the story.

As you know i'm sure he has a bigger role in the story, and i'm sure he didn't made a sacrifice to gain simple power, but in my opinion he did it to have the shance to save something precious to him or to get a revenge on IDEA or someone on its side!
He's the one in the Manga that is tricking IDEA and he'll have a determinating role i'm sure!

Aazealh said:
Yeah, and I'll add a question to this: What makes Guts so much more powerful than the random human warrior ?

Silat and the Tapasa for example are incredible fighters, but he'd defeat them easily. I think it's the same for Zodd, he's just more talented than the average apostle (of course, his story is more interesting too).

Well Sk,i think, said that just a person born of an Innatural born (or similar i'm translating from Italian), can change the Destiny's plans, saying so he put (IMO) himself as well, in the groups of whom can't!
Time ago I posted a question myself too, about: why Guts would be able to do it and gave my theory but i didn't get many comments unfortunately!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom