The Mystery of Casca's tan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey i just wanted to bring up the subject of Casca's skin tone, i know theres alot of discussion whether she's black or white (just like Michal Jackson) but in my opinion i think she's a mix her of white and kushian anythoughts?

miura does not identify its town, but it is pronounced that it living in a very distant town, was possibly one of those towns conquered in the past where the races were mixed to pacify to the won ones, but in the long run they freed themselves but they were but the race I am crossed, quiza for that reason caska is of dark skin

theblakeman

theblakeman- your local pervert
She is part black. If you look in the anime her father is dark skinned so that in a way proves it. (Black in this case can be used to describe Kushan)

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
zoddthumb.jpg
casca189.jpg

coincedence?

theblakeman

theblakeman- your local pervert
krebs:
I know that but I was too lazy so I just stated that I included Kushan as black even though they are arabian.

All_4_Yume

Yume Chaser
I'm pretty sure she's black. I thought maybe she might have been Indian (as in from India) but after seeing her in the manga it pretty much confirmed she is black to me. Miura colored her darker than I expected and she was the same color as rest of the black soldiers in Taka no Dan so that's why I assume she's black. Speaking of which a ton black soldiers got the axe in the transition from manga to anime. At first I didn't think there were any in the anime but if you look close there's a few REALLY tan soldiers in the mix.

miura does not identify its town, but it is pronounced that it living in a very distant town, was possibly one of those towns conquered in the past where the races were mixed to pacify to the won ones, but in the long run they freed themselves but they were but the race I am crossed, quiza for that reason caska is of dark skin

caska is mestiza :)

krunkster

mankowodaisuki
There is no Africa or India in the world of Berserk.
So leave your bigoted desires to pigeon hole the darker skinned characters into some racial profile that you can apply your prejudicial stereotypes to.

You Fucking Bigots

Just kidding....
But seriously she just has dark skin... probably Kushan since they are the only dark skinned people we've met on PlanetGuts.

Lliugusamui

around the corner
Nope ... there are black people ( blacker than kushans ... ) among the Hawks back then. Btw, I think maybe Miura created the Hawks as the American Hawks ( and we know there's a non negligeable community of black people in the usa ).
I really think Miura has created Hawks and his universe as much from USA(Occidental world, I mean ... ) now as Medieval Europe.
Look out ! Even Isidro is considered as a "punk", though I don't think there was such gap between generations in medieval timeS.
DO you understand me ? :-\

P

psymont

speaking as a black man: i am really bothered by the lack of blacks in berserk. casca aint no soul sista. if she was, she would have back handed that punk ass femto during the eclipse and collected on child support soon after it.

Bok Choy

100% Leafy Goodness!
I don't know about Caska's ethnic background, however, it does seem that in the earlier issues, she had more of an "exotic look" to her appearance. Her eyes had a more almond shaped and she did look more like a Kushan. Suffice to say, she looked quite different from the other females of Berserk.

But in the current chapters, she doesn't seem to have that "distinctive" look to her anymore. Admittingly, she does look more attractive now, but there's nothing to really distinguish her physically from the other female characters besides her dark skin tan and the mark on her breast. Maybe Miura just learned how to draw more attractive (albeit more homogenized) women as the manga progressed...

Walter said:
Whoever isn't white, simply HAS to be related to Zodd.
nevermind it's been solved. lol anyways there are Black people in Berserk (just not presented in the most flattering light e.g. Donovan) but i was also refering to her exotic looks aswell such as her sharp eyes (by the way she doesnt have them anymore to symbolize her wide eyed innosence. ahem yeah but Zodd that makes sence

She does have an exotic look, but she must be mixed or perhaps indian.
come on people have'nt you ever seen a black girl? Most black girls do not have hair like casca.

In our world I would say from brasil, I mean look at the body!

well if Kushians are supposed to be based off of egyptians then yes she would be from africa yet her physical features are more egyption than black...but i guess it doesnt really matter she's got dark skin and is hot what more could you want?

G

Genn21

:-X Kushins are like the arabians of the world of berserk they have tan skin ok well go as far as black brown and moheckian sandy ( i found a crayola color called that ) they have arabic type names... as far as kushin sounds, there faciel features are also of a arabic quality all in all we could say there the iraquis of the berserk word , i will go as far as the al queda ,(krunster no bigotry here just just american arrogance :eek: ) they are terroists each and looking to destroy gatts with a low flying 747 which has been commanded by Mallah the kushin form of Allah which i tottaly made up, the kushins have wiped out the blackians and the other tanedskinians with violent Jihad and become the only brown / tan skinned people in the world of berserk ( death to the infidels)

Zodds brown being there has never been a berserk slide with him taking a shower :D

Lord Superb

I'm a llama!
There Are only A couple Original Races On This Planet Others Are just Offshots Of Those Races

African, Caucasion, Asian, Native Americans,

karsa

"Bastard broke my sword-"
'original races'? *rolls eyes* I hope that was just lazy typing. I would go on an anthropological diatribe if this wasn't a fantasy world we're talking about.

ETA:

Oh wait... you mean like those are the basic groups and there are variations /within/ those groups?

G

Genn21

I declare that America is a Original race :D

o·rig·i·nal Audio pronunciation of original ( P ) Pronunciation Key (-rj-nl)
adj.

1. Preceding all others in time; first.
1. Not derived from something else; fresh and unusual: an original play, not an adaptation.
2. Showing a marked departure from previous practice; new: a truly original approach. See Synonyms at new.
3. Productive of new things or new ideas; inventive: an original mind.
4. Being the source from which a copy, reproduction, or translation is made.

:eek: bull·shit Audio pronunciation of Bullshit ( P ) Pronunciation Key (blsht) Vulgar Slang
n.

1. Foolish, deceitful, or boastful language.
2. Something worthless, deceptive, or insincere.
3. Insolent talk or behavior.

v. bull·shit, also bull·shat (-sht) or bull·shit·ted (-shtd) bull·shit·ting, bull·shits
v. intr.

1. To speak foolishly or insolently.
2. To engage in idle conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom