R.I.P. ELF-MAN THEORY!

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
UPDATE: THIS WAS ALL A RUSE, THE ELF-MAN THEORY ENDS HERE!!! HA! HA ! HA!

-Griffith, The Elf-Man Slayer

A bit too dramatic? ;)

Ahhh yes, The Elf theory cometh like a plague! Sorry, but you force my hands.
elf.jpg
And let’s not forget the last time this came up…

http://physics.scsu.edu/~jobien/berserk/messageboard/messages/130.html

On second thought, maybe we should forget it, it’s pretty embarrassing, but maybe we can learn from these past tragedies and not repeat them.

Yeah right…

Before we go into Elf debate, lets remember the rules.

EFL DEBATE RULES!

1. You don’t need any proof.
2. Specious reasoning is still reasoning.
3. Pointy ears always equal Elf, Elf, Elf.
4. Just make stuff up as you go along.

ELVIN TRAITS: Here is a list of traits to look for in Berserk characters to see if they are Elves or not, though the very idea of the latter is totally ridiculous.

*!!!Pointy Ears!!!*Feet
*Hands
*Eyes
*Nose
*Torso
*Legs
*No “banana” or “taco”

Remember, if you see ANY Berserk character with one of these traits, there’s a 99.456% chance that they are more likely an Elf than the offspring Griffith’s magic horse.

Other Major Characters In the Series That Are DEFINITELY Part Elf:

Skull Knight – Puck got a sort of Elvin feeling from him, funny he never felt that way around Elf-Man Supremo Guts.
Griffith - He not only has pointy ears, but he has no penis either!
Zodd - Again, pointy ears, no penis, this and the fact that he and Griffith are friends now CANNOT be a coincidence!!!
Gambino - I assume he also has no penis.
Donavon - Judging from the look Guts’ face, he probably did have a penis, Ouch!
Isidro – He had a SD form just like Puck, he’s an Elf.
Everybody else too – THEY MUST BE!!!!
Idea and God Hand – Since all men are really Elves then Idea was created by Elves and Idea is really a giant Elf-God, who created more Elf God’s.

10 Better “Theories” Than the Elf “Theory”:

01. Zodd is Guts’ Father
02. Skull Knight is Guts’ Father
03. Void is Guts’ Mother
04. Gambino really was Guts’ biological father but forgot.
05. Zepec is Guts’ Father but Jill isn’t his sister
06. Caska is Guts’ Father from another dimension
07. Niko is Guts’ Father too.
08. Guts is his own father; he went into the past, had sex with his mother and then he was born, neato.
09.Guts is black, and Donavon is probably his father.
10.Guts isn't an Elf!!!!! That's crazy!!!!

I for one totally believe Guts to be a secret Elf, even if Kentarou Miura never says Guts is an Elf, my perceptive friends and I have already seen the signs and know it to be true!  While other so called Berserk fans wallow in their stupidity, fumbling around with concepts like  “logic” and “truth” the truly elite like me shall have ascended to the level of ultimate fan, the people who really know that Guts is an Elf!

-Griffith (SUPER ELF GUTS MAN FAN NUMBER 1!!!!!)

floydboy

Is There anybody out there?
Re: Send in the Elves!

LOL...that made my day

as I was trying to look up stuff on what people think of elves in other places, I came across a promising site. However, it started to ramble about elvish spirituality, neopaganism, and elvish worship. I understand Taoism a little, but what is this stuff about....

I like the debate rules btw

Ok. Casca can't be an elf cause she has a 'taco' (o did that make me laugh for a while) or at least something that can bare a child. Now I thought that Gatts and Casca got a little intimate, but we never see Gatts' 'banana' greatfully, so who knows if Gatts is an elf. Even if he's not, he seems to transcend everything else, so he still has hope.

Someone who is not an elf : Adon. That guy had way too much testosterone to think otherwise.

Now what really happens when someone becomes a God Hand is that they are transformed or transfigured into an elf. Check it out. Griffith unwisely uses his 'banana' with Charlotte. Then this Femto character comes about. Femto is Griffith turning into an elf! That's how elves are born...maybe...

ummm question? what characteristics does an offspring of a magical horse possess? nm j/k

I think that Gatts is an elf in hiding. He is just looking and struggling for the right moment to come out of the elven closet. I mean people could not be very accepting of elves and all, so he is just waiting for the right moment to let everyone know.

We are all elves, we're just afraid to admit it.

P

paradiselost

...hey, Griffith, there is any rule who says that it's no possible to debate about the elf question?

:(

...I was been many times last time all us debated in that url you put before, in fact, I was one of the ones believe more that Gutts has a part of elf in himeself...

...ok for many points, but, I believe that the discussion can be, why don't????

P

paradiselost

Dear Walter...
...well, I have to be totally in contraddiction with you...
...Gatts can't be all human...and you have the answer about this point in the same points you marked, 'cause, in order...

1)There are many point that let understand that Gatts origin is a little bit..."different"...
...the points are: when Gatts went to the cavern zone, it's said by Godor that "this is a tradictional zone where lived elves"...
...well, it seems that Gatts has a kind of instinct about to find this kind of places...
...in fact, we can say that you can notice his ears...
...after that, it's no possible that the elves, so presents in the story, have not to have a main role in all this...
...the presence of Pak...the monster in form of a false elf...the elf medicin...the point that Pak can "feel" something about elves many many times...
...and, most of all, the poiint of elves, as many characters said many times, "in the past lived around here, but now, they disappeared"...
...and all this kind of mistery about the birth of Gatts, can be guided to this point too...
...you can remember, at the beginning of the story, ad we see the mother of Gatts died, on a tree...well...and his father? why this kind of big big mistery about this?
...all can guide us to elves...and here, I have a personal theory about them...a very very big one...
:)

2)I read thet interview...Miura said he "would like", but "would like" is not "want"...it seems to me that the story is going in that direction...

3)making Gatts super-human could be not so bad...instead, it could be the solution to resolve about all...
...it maybe Gatts that kind of mixture of person, half human, half elf, who can defeat, who CAN, not who HAVE TO, I please you to notice about this difference, monsters and creatures...Gatts is the mix between elves and humans...creatures so differents, but at the same time...creatures who have to be mixed maybe, to find a new future for Midland? Can this kind be that "fish" about that Skully is talking?
one more...Skully, when noticed that Gatts is in trip to Albion with Pak, an elf, he said..."you always give surprises, and you always have something of interesting"...why he said that?
...so, in my opinion...Gatts of course, he is human...but not a normal one...he has something special...maybe this special is blood of elves...

;)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Dear Walter...
why is this directed at me? I havent even posted in this thread yet...
1)
...the points are: when Guts went to the cavern zone, it's said by Godor that "this is a tradictional zone where lived elves"...
...well, it seems that Guts has a kind of instinct about to find this kind of places...
Or it was just coincidence to make the plot work more intricately...
You can also 'notice' Gaston, Gambino, Griffith, Corkas, And several other people's ears, which are also pointed.
...and all this kind of mistery about the birth of Guts, can be guided to this point too...
...you can remember, at the beginning of the story, ad we see the mother of Guts died, on a tree...well...and his father? why this kind of big big mistery about this?
Theres a big mystery? Thats news to me. Guts mother was killed. She gave birth to him either before or after she died. Its a sad story. The end. N-O-T-H-I-N-G in the story has lead us to question her death.

2)I read thet interview...Miura said he "would like", but "would like" is not "want"
Its not?
creatures so differents, but at the same time...creatures who have to be mixed maybe, to find a new future for Midland? Can this kind be that "fish" about that Skully is talking?
I think you completely missed the point of the 'fish' analogy. Its a symbolic illustration of how causality can be subverted. Its an analogy, not some sort of new race of 'fish people'.

one more...Skully, when noticed that Guts is in trip to Albion with Pak, an elf, he said..."you always give surprises, and you always have something of interesting"...why he said that?
Because Guts is very unique as a human. He is an interesting human. That doesnt mean that he's AN ELF. It just means that hes worked towards fighting and has been plagued by death his entire life. All of that makes Guts an 'interesting' person.

...so, in my opinion...Guts of course, he is human...but not a normal one...he has something special...maybe this special is blood of elves...
Or the simple fact that he survived anything and everything that stood in his path.

I think you completely missed the point of the 'fish' analogy. Its a symbolic illustration of how causality can be subverted. Its an analogy, not some sort of new race of 'fish people'..

ehehehhehehhhhh...
thats so damn funny right now....

Griffith

...Gatts can't be all human...
Yes he can.  Not even I’m saying Guts CAN’T be an Elf, there just isn’t anything that suggests it in the story.
1)There are many point that let understand that Gatts origin is a little bit..."different"...
...the points are: when Gatts went to the cavern zone, it's said by Godor that "this is a tradictional zone where lived elves"...
...well, it seems that Gatts has a kind of instinct about to find this kind of places...
Guts also ran into Nosferatu Zodd, Wild and happened to become best friends with a God Hand to be. Going by your logic Guts has more “instinct” when it comes to  finding things God Hand related than things that are Elvin. So, shouldn’t you have considered him to be related to God Hand before Elves?
Do Guts ears look anything like the ears of the Elves in Berserk? No, not one bit.  Nobody in the series has even commented that there’s anything irregular about Guts' ears, if they are “supposed” to be so strange and unique, why doesn’t Miura bring it up in the story at all? Why do dozens of characters share this trait, are they all Elves?
...the presence of Pak...the monster in form of a false elf...the elf medicin...the point that Pak can "feel" something about elves many many times...
By the way, why hasn’t Puck sensed the “Elfiness” in Guts?  Pucks been with Guts for quite a while after all and he identified it in Skull Knight after meeting him only once. As a matter of fact, Puck has only felt strong negative feelings coming from Guts.
...and, most of all, the poiint of elves, as many characters said many times, "in the past lived around here, but now, they disappeared"...
...and all this kind of mistery about the birth of Gatts, can be guided to this point too...
...you can remember, at the beginning of the story, ad we see the mother of Gatts died, on a tree...well...and his father? why this kind of big big mistery about this?
...all can guide us to elves...and here, I have a personal theory about them...a very very big one...
There is ABSOLUTLY nothing that ties the death of Guts mother to Elves at all.  And since when has this not just been a "personal theory" or prediction, the Elf-Man "Theory" seems more like a fanfic than anything else.
2)I read thet interview...Miura said he "would like", but "would like" is not "want"...
First that doesn’t make any sense, second it proves all your supporting facts about Guts being an Elf are false.  If Miura wanted Guts to remain human, then even if he decides to turn him into an Elf, he still didn't have it in mind from the beginning.  That means all of the things that you claim were supposed to subtly suggest Guts is really an Elf never actually did except in your own imagination!
...it maybe Gatts that kind of mixture of person, half human, half elf
Yeah, and maybe he’s Zodd’s son, which is actually MUCH more likely and suggested in the story than the Elf-Man Theory, even by standards in which you justify it. You should be saying that Guts is related to God Hand if you believe in your “proof” and aren’t just in love with thought of Guts being part Elf.  At least one doesn’t need to make up a whole different race of Elves for that theory to be correct.

Enough quotations, the point is that whether Miura makes him one or not, nothing in the story thus far was meant to suggest Guts is an Elf, Miura’s interview proves that.  Second of all, lets face it; this whole theory is really based on Guts ears!  Someone got the idea from that, and then it was explained that it doesn’t make sense because other characters have the same ears, of course that was ignored by many.  But some people liked the theory I guess and tried to justify it other ways, and that’s the hypocrisy of all this.  The facts should lead you to the theory, not the theory to the facts. Otherwise, you can pervert the facts to fit the idea you already decided to be true. When you already believe in something that much, any little coincidental detail that happens fit it will make you feel totally righteous and justified in your belief. And that’s just why I don’t like this belief, because that’s all it is.

-Griffith

P

paradiselost

...well,Griffith and Walter, I totally disagree with all you guys, however...

...the only one ho is able to clarify all what we believe about all these points is Miura, so that...hope to be able to talk with him soon to clarify all...

;)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

...the only one ho is able to clarify all what we believe about all these points is Miura, so that...hope to be able to talk with him soon to clarify all...

;)
Well...Ok. But YOURE going to have to ask him "is guts an elf?" cuz when that happens Im going to be far far away to avoid the great "miura beat down".

P

paradiselost

...well, so maybe you have to be ready to remain near Miura, 'cause he'll be so happy of this question that we'll become strong friends...are you ready?

:p

Griffith

Fair enough, but if you disagree with me so much then you’ll have no trouble answering these questions I brought up before, I’ll repost a few as you seem to have missed them the first time around.

1. Going by your logic Guts has more “instinct” when it comes to finding things God Hand related than things that are Elvin. So, shouldn’t you have considered him to be related to God Hand before Elves?

2. Do Guts ears look anything like the ears of the Elves in Berserk?

3. Nobody in the series has even commented that there’s anything irregular about Guts' ears, if they are “supposed” to be so strange and unique, why doesn’t Miura bring it up in the story at all?

4. Why do dozens of characters share this trait, are they all Elf-People?

5. How come Puck has never sensed any sort of Elvin aura around Guts as he did with Skull Knight?

Think of it like a test.

-Griffith

Griffith

*puts the rant away*

Serenity now!
damn it! just let the topic rest!
Well, this IS the skullknight.net BERSERK message board; a place where Berserk is to be discussed and debated on contrary to popular belief. ;D
sheesh, so much for making fun of religious debates ;)
Exactly. ;)

-Griffith

P.S. Back to the debate, the questions remain unanswered.

floydboy

Is There anybody out there?
well, sorry for the earlier post that was totally sarcastic and out of line. i thought that the entire elf theory/idea was a farce that really didn't have a serious way of answering the question. Since no one knows of Miura's intentions, the elf track is possible, but I thought that introducing some of the characters again as being elves would (dare I say it) tarnish (ooo i said it...but i think i used the wrong word) the story of Guts' struggle to survive every kind of phenomena that came his way, be it natural or not. this message board was actually the first place i heard anyone talk about elves and what not....but what do i know?

Walter's mentioning of Void has left me puzzled and at a lack of words for a while...since it seems Void has more power than any other character at the moment (Idea excluded). Somehow I just don't think elves - besides the ones already presented - fit into the picture. Sure characteristics may stick out that are associated with elvish lore or what not, but some of those characteristics can be seen universally if applied to the right setting.

So, basing an argument on some ears doesn't seem to make the boat float (that was a horrible way of stating my conclusion but o well). Of course I may be wrong, but we'll all wait and see. Only 3 more days!!! not like all will be resolved there but it might give a clue or two....

Griffith

well, sorry for the earlier post that was totally sarcastic and out of line.  
No need to apologize, it was totally in key with my own sarcastic and out of line post. ;D
i thought that the entire elf theory/idea was a farce that really didn't have a serious way of answering the question.  
Oh, it is. ;)
REST OF THE POST
Well said.

-Griffith

Griffith

doesn't chp 187 come out the 14th?  Or am i just cracking some smoke?
No, you’re right. But Walter won’t get it until about the 19th unless I’m mistaken.

-Griffith

P

paradiselost

...here there are your answers, dear Griffith...

;)

1. Going by your logic Guts has more “instinct” when it comes to finding things God Hand related than things that are Elvin. So, shouldn’t you have considered him to be related to God Hand before Elves?

...no, I never considered that...and I'll never do...

...to be related to the God Hand, you know, you have to have a personal choice, that is in connection with the Bejelith, and nothing let me think about the point that Gatts did this choice..
...more of this, if Griffith is one of the God Hand, "your logic" should let you see how what is very good in the whole story is to look at the differences between Gatts and Griffith...if Gatts should be linked to the GH, this particular could disappear...
...and, more...you know, Miura is not a logic man...he likes to give us surprises, like when he decided to kill all the Hawk Soldiers...so, please, don't use logic to understand Miura, but try to imagine...Miura use a lot of imagination...and of surprises...
...he left us many elements to think about the fact that Gatts is very linked to the elves...

;)

2. Do Guts ears look anything like the ears of the Elves in Berserk?

...no, they are really different...but, I never said that Gatts is elf...
...I said "Gatts is a part of elf" or "he has elf blood in him", so that, he has not to be like elves at all...
...maybe there is a race we still don't know, people who is the result of a kinda of mixture, who can't know...

;)

3. Nobody in the series has even commented that there’s anything irregular about Guts' ears, if they are “supposed” to be so strange and unique, why doesn’t Miura bring it up in the story at all?

...it's very simple...Miura never mentioned about the ears of Gatts 'cause the ears of Gatts are not a point to let us understand he is very linked to elves...but he said many other things to let us understand that he is linked with elves...please, read again my last mail in which I explained all these points, I don't want to write them again...

;)

4. Why do dozens of characters share this trait, are they all Elf-People?

...I answered to you before, ears are not the point...

5. How come Puck has never sensed any sort of Elvin aura around Guts as he did with Skull Knight?

...because, what I always said is: "Gatts is linked with elves"...
...maybe Gatts is in part elf, or maybe elves chose Gatts to be the USO, we still can't know it...
...but, if Puck felt an Elvin aura around SK, and SK is so linked with Gatts, you can answer by yourself about your question...
...maybe you can believe something like this...
...before the coming of IDEA and of the GH, the world of Berserk was in a very good situation, and the elves were the ones who equilibrate all...
...now they seems to be disappered...'cause the world is ruled by Idea, GH, and Apostoles, and there is no more place for them...
...but, in the time of Gaisereck, they were...and they chose him, or his spirit, to be the link between them and Gatts, 'cause, when gatts 'll be the USO, they 'll be able to come back, and to put all again like it was in the ancient past...
...if you are very thinkfull, you can for sure notice that in the story the importance of elves is quickly growing up tale by tale, and it can't be a case...as it can't be a case all the story of Roshinu...it prepareted us for the future...for elves...

;)

Think of it like a test.

...you are not the one who can make test, 'cause as Cronus wrote me, here all us we are at the same level, we are here 'cause we love Berserk, but, if you realy like the idea...
...why don't YOU think of it like a test, Griffith?

;)

see you

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
01. Zodd is Guts’ Father
02. Skull Knight is Guts’ Father
03. Void is Guts’ Mother
04. Gambino really was Guts’ biological father but forgot.
05. Zepec is Guts’ Father but Jill isn’t his sister
06. Caska is Guts’ Father from another dimension
07. Niko is Guts’ Father too.
08. Guts is his own father; he went into the past, had sex with his mother and then he was born, neato.
09.Guts is black, and Donavon is probably his father.
10.Guts isn't an Elf!!!!! That's crazy!!!!
01. I knew it!!!!
02. Must be.
03. Void's a women!?
04. that could be.
05. she's his cusin.
06. another dimension owwww
07. but Guts' is older then Niko.
08. but he would need a time machine to do that.
09. I dought it Donavon likes little boys.
10. crazy!? no your crazy.
I'm evil......
p.s. MacHall owns you!

Top Bottom