Episode 246

Haha :eek:                                                                          :-* Thank you Bakou !!!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Bakou, you're the man. And yeah, Italian_demon, you made a mistake in the name.

I love some of the panels in that episode, like when Sonja and Evarella give the same cheesy look to Schierke, so funny ;D.

I

Italian_demon

Re: 246

Sparnage said:
Ah, thanks Bakou. ;D

Walter or Bakou?

Shit!!
This damn laboratory it turning me crazy!!
lol

Grazie Bakouuuuuuu ;)

Sorry!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, getting the episode this quick is making me second guess where I live. I could have sworn I lived at least a continent away from the source!

The duck and raven story was hilarious 8) And it looks like Isidro met up with Midland's version of Wolverine on page 16. The resmblance in that fourth panel is UNCANNY!

Sonia's friendship with Schierke is an interesting spin on things... But who's going to when win the cat fight begins?

I

Italian_demon

Walter said:
Wow, getting the episode this quick is making me second guess where I live. I could have sworn I lived at least a continent away from the source!

The duck and raven story was hilarious 8) And it looks like Isidro met up with Midland's version of Wolverine on page 16. The resmblance in that fourth panel is UNCANNY!

Sonia's friendship with Schierke is an interesting spin on things... But who's going to when win the cat fight begins?

Asi thought things are gonna get really messed up and drammatic in the future!

Yes.....

What do you think Guts will do if he learns of the impending wedding between Griffith and the princess. Will he continue with his current goal of reaching the Elf King, or will he decide to crash the wedding party.....

BiQ_

" ... "
I think he's going to rush to the Elf King, get Caska (and himself too) cured, and then run off to the wedding party with Caska to have a double wedding!
:p :p :p

Hey there is a sign on all the crows, where there eyes are supposed to be. I was wondering if that is a Kushan sign. It has to be to fit in sonja's story but i am not sure where it was shown before... any clues?

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
Thank you Bakou!!

MaN said:
Hey there is a sign on all the crows, where there eyes are supposed to be. I was wondering if that is a Kushan sign. It has to be to fit in sonja's story but i am not sure where it was shown before... any clues?

Certainly looks like the designs that the Kushan cover their stuff with. The symbolism here is kind of obvious.

kids.jpg

On a different note, those kidnapped kids, of whatever descent/origin, resemble Caska as a child. Just look at the female child in the picture. The skin tone and the hair color/style too. Do you think next episode, Schierke will rescue the kids and also question them of where their home is? Maybe we can possibly get more of a clue of Caska's origin, becaues of the resmeblance? Just something small to ponder......

mtlcknight said:
kids.jpg

On a different note, those kidnapped kids, of whatever descent/origin, resemble Caska as a child. Just look at the female child in the picture. The skin tone and the hair color/style too. Do you think next episode, Schierke will rescue the kids and also question them of where their home is? Maybe we can possibly get more of a clue of Caska's origin, becaues of the resmeblance? Just something small to ponder......

I was thinking they were Kushans

BiQ_

" ... "
Woah. Now that I have read through carefully with Saiki's translation at hand, (well, screen) I must say that, overall, this must be the ... cutest bit of berserk I have ever read. Mostly due to the animal storytelling part, but nevertheless.

The scariest part is that I like it... :-X Some bits also had a nearly fell-from-chair -level funniness, especially 4th panel of page 13... ;D

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Hmm... Crows with the kushan eyes that Ganishka had on his robe...

What? Caska! Interesting, she could be a kushan! That might answer her tanned skin ;D.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
Come to think of it, I do think I remember something about Casca being from a border town... possibly the other side of the border... or something like that anyways... can't trust scans...

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
I noticed the childrens' resemblance to Casca as well. Although I'm not sure her origins would have that much significance. It possibly could get her into trouble in Vritanis if she's mistaken for a Kushan though.

Don't you think it's a strange way to end volume 28?
Yes, there are pirates, but still... I would have wanted more...

I mean, I would have expected the end of a volume to be a little bit more... "ending" ???

Anyway, I still await Vol. 29 a lot! :)

nir085

Horse and Armor
Thanks again.

Sonia does look too sweet and adorable in this chapter to be thought of as a character whose intentions are to trick Schierke into gaining her trust...then again, we have to remember which series this is, so I wouldn't be surprised...

Hahaha, that has got to be the funniest chapter in the series picture-wise. Especially:
angryducks.bmp

ducks2.bmp

kimchan said:
I noticed the childrens' resemblance to Casca as well. Although I'm not sure her origins would have that much significance. It possibly could get her into trouble in Vritanis if she's mistaken for a Kushan though.
It's possible that she might end up meeting her long-lost parents and seeing that they hold special positions in the Kushan army after she gets healed or maybe it'll bring a little piece of her memory back...or something far-fetched like that...I don't know, I'm talking out of my ass, but it would add an interesting touch to the story if Caska was revealed to have some Kushan blood  :).

lordedward said:
Don't you think it's a strange way to end volume 28?
Yes, there are pirates, but still... I would have wanted more...

I mean, I would have expected the end of a volume to be a little bit more... "ending" ???
???
...A lot of the volumes have not been that ending-ish. There doesn't seem to be any emphasis on the volumes in and of itself to all have interrelated stories with similar elements - possibly the reason why there aren't even titles for the volumes.

Besides. If you still want to see it as an adequate ending for Volume 28, just look at it this way: the crew has finally arrived at Vritannis and settled in. The peaceful tourism aspect of Vritannis is complete. Now the roasting of pirates and the duck/owl battle will be set in motion in Volume 29!

Caska coming healed and as a Kushan orgins would be dramatic for all of us

Btw just read the scan and yeah the Duck were pretty hilarious, Especially for Anna the duck LOL

Anyway it was rather worrying for Isidro to run like that... Perhap there is more than to meet in an eye than just only pirates

That was a informative chapter, I like How the epilogue to chapter 235 was told by Sonja which more closely relates to Guts's story rather than simply shift over to Griffiths side.
I think the reason for that is because when they properly shift between the Protagonists and Antagonists story it usually is made to last several chapters, so I guess Miura is not ready to Primarily go to Griffiths side yet. If they found it necessary to tell Griffiths story closer to Guts's side then I think that it means Guts's story is meant to go on for a bit longer yet.

Interesting to see how Charlotte and Anna would look in duck form, I bet Sonja made them look weird looking in the story to show she isn't happy with Charlotte.
Miura seems to like making comical comparisons with characters like Puck being a chestnut or Schierke as a punpkin (or owl now).

nir085 said:
Thanks again.

Sonia does look too sweet and adorable in this chapter to be thought of as a character whose intentions are to trick Schierke into gaining her trust...then again, we have to remember which series this is, so I wouldn't be surprised...

I think she was for real, she seems like a nice kid who can relate to Schierke.

Top Bottom