New AOW statue (Grunbeld)

gurunbelt.jpg

I found this on some random japanese site.  Looks pretty damn tall... but can't really tell from the angle)

No info on ART-OF-WAR's website yet though.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Looks very good, though it lacks of painting and the cape seems too small to me. The "demon soldier" on the right definitely makes Grunbeld look like a giant, a nice touch.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
redria said:
pretty nice. i never imagined grunbeld in silver armor though

Well, he has always been represented that way as far as I can remember, save for Uriel's colouring.

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
redria said:
pretty nice. i never imagined grunbeld in silver armor though

Grunbeld had silver armor in the berserk ps2 demos.

Aazealh said:
Well, he has always been represented that way as far as I can remember, save for Uriel's colouring.

And Jon's colorings (it was green in his).

wow... that thing is really detailed! (look at the back of the shield and stuff)

Before the PS2 demo intro, i always thought and pictured his armor as red in colour.

Silver is soo....normal, but it's ok.

nir085

Horse and Armor
DirectDK said:
No info on ART-OF-WAR's website yet though.
They haven't been updating their site for a while now. The new miniatures (vol. 4) haven't been put on their site either, but you can still pre-order it from hobbylinkjapan.com.

Do you happen to have any information on the approximate price of the statue, by the way? I remember LSC saying a while ago that Grunbeld/Locus statues were supposed to come out in May for $200 but they were postponed for a few months so the price could have changed.

Jon Schaffer said:
Happy? I like my other one better still.
Grunbeldsilver.jpg
Your other one? I thought that was your brother's :p.

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
nir085 said:
Your other one? I thought that was your brother's  :p.

His brother "stole" it.

Jon Schaffer said:
Happy? I like my other one better still.
Grunbeldsilver.jpg

Eh yea I do like the other one. I wasn't saying there was anything wrong with it, I just said green wasn't really the offical coloring, but there was no clarification what color grunbeld was at the time.

Art of War NEW STATUE Grunbeld

I just recieved an email from AOW stating that the Gurunberd(states what he was called in the email) will be able to be preordered Oct 7 and will be released in sometime Nov. the email is as followed..................

""""We would like to introduce our latest product, Gurunberd which will be available for pre-order from tomorrow (10/7). Detail information is as follows.

Code No. 089

Gurunberd Exclusive

Unit Price: 30,000 YEN

Description

Size: 26.5 cm (H), 28 cm (exclusive base included)

Weight: 1675 g (Statue), 230 g (Mini statue)

Statue. Exclusive base with serial number & nameplate is attached. Exclusive version features complementary of a mini statue. There are supplements of 2 interchangeable head, left arm, right arm. Limited production to 200 unit only in ART OF WAR.

Date of Release: End of November~December

Code No. 090

Gurunberd Normal

Unit Price: 28,000 YEN

Description

Size: 26.5 cm (H), 28 cm (exclusive base included)

Weight: 1675 g (Statue)

Statue. Normal version has base with serial number & nameplate attached. Normal version has no complementary of a mini statue. Limited production to 100 unit only.

Date of Release: End of November~December

The statue is manufactured according to original design of Mr. Kentaro Miura. The armor of the statue is designed with unique detail & precise features. Gurunberd is wholly a masterpiece of 3 dimensional statue.

Gurunberd will be released on 11 November""""""

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Art of War NEW STATUE Grunbeld

Wow, 30.000 yen means approximatively $280... It's a really nice statue, but that's too damn expensive.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I don't like his face. It doesn't look like the original at all, I wonder why they can't make correct faces... Anyway, he's still badass with the helmet on :p.

yeah i just got an email from art of war stating that foreign countries are able to buy statues from them all u need to do is have your bank account send the japanese yen remmaince....this is what was in the email.....to there bank account and you dont need to pay until the item is available to ship i preordered the limited one so i have alittle while to save up the money and i agree 280 is alittle too much but when the statue won't be available except through AOW webstie then sometimes u need to go for it.

Aazealh said:
I don't like his face. It doesn't look like the original at all, I wonder why they can't make correct faces...
You're right, its totally different. But I like it because it makes him look all snobby and stuck up, especially with that huge nose. But since he is so big it goes perfect with him. I think they should have James Earl Jones play Grunbeld in the PS2 game. Anyways, I might actually buy this statue. Its looking worthy for my messy room.

I dont mind the face. I think he still looks kick ass.
The statue might look a little different from another angle.
I'll have to wait till I get mine =P
What I wanna know is the limited #2 that is supposed to have a green cape. Does he come with the extra figure?
i know the picture doesnt show it but the description says it is the same as the limited #1 version except with a green cape.
Maybe I'ts just wishfull thinkin since I was too late for the limited-1so I went and got me a limited-2 and I really like the extra statue

DosU2Death said:
What I wanna know is the limited #2 that is supposed to have a green cape.  Does he come with the extra figure?
i know the picture doesnt show it but the description says it is the same as the limited #1 version except with a green cape.
Maybe I'ts just wishfull thinkin since I was too late for the limited-1so I went and got me a limited-2 and I really like the extra statue

You're in luck.  I ordered the limited #1 too, but apparently they sold out before I placed my order.  But, AOW emailed me and told me that the difference between Exclusive 1 and 2 is the MINI statue will have green pants, instead of red.  The GRUNBELD STATUE, however, is EXACTLY THE SAME.  They told me they haven't had the chance to update the page with a picture of the green mini statue, but rest assured, the cape of Grunbeld is not green, and the mini statue IS still included. =)

The Exclusive II statue will also be very limited so you all better hurry up and order one if you haven't already!

Top Bottom