Votes: 2 3.9%
  • None

Votes: 21 41.2%
  • He is a gay you goddamn it!!!

Votes: 24 47.1%

• Total voters

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
I would agree with none, every one he came into contact with that he displayed feelings for seemed to be for the manipulation to make them do what he wanted.
Other than those who seemed to mean nothing but progression for him, guts was probably the only one he had shown real feelings for, but not sexual tension you sick bastards! >:(
Charlette was only being used, and Caska was a conveneince on the battle feild, and guts was nothing but a brotherly love, but could be argued that he too was manipulated for his strength.
So yeah, I'd say none. ;D

Well Love is a strong word so I don't think so either, however he must have had some feelings towards Charlotte when he came to her window at a time of depression.
I was also under the impression he must have had some feelings for Caska when he realised that there was something between her and Guts otherwise he wouldn't have tried to make a move on her. Still wouldn't call it love though.

Sparnage said:
Well Love is a strong word so I don't think so either, however he must have had some feelings towards Charlotte when he came to her window at a time of depression.

I dont think he had feelings really for charlotte. I think he just went to her to prove to himself that he still held power over someone...? I dont know its hard to explain.

Sparnage said:
I was also under the impression he must have had some feelings for Caska when he realised that there was something between her and Guts otherwise he wouldn't have tried to make a move on her. Still wouldn't call it love though.

I dont think he really had feelings for caska either, I mean its possible, but I think he tried to make that move on her simply because he felt like caska was his possesion. Like if a little kid has a toy they dont really care about, i mean they like it but they dont really play with it, and then some other kid comes along and likes it a lot and plays with it that toy suddenly means the world to them. That is how Griffith felt about Caska I think.

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
None. He manipulated charolette, he never loved her. He raped/fucked caska... can he possibly love her? He wants her body, but thats not love. Not even in guts case did he love, not even as a friend. Well maybe as a friend... but a twisted friendship considering he stabbed the man who saved him from torment in the back, and it went right though gut's heart.

Shouki Slann said:
I dont think he had feelings really for charlotte. I think he just went to her to prove to himself that he still held power over someone...? I dont know its hard to explain.

I dont think he really had feelings for caska either, I mean its possible, but I think he tried to make that move on her simply because he felt like caska was his possesion. Like if a little kid has a toy they dont really care about, i mean they like it but they dont really play with it, and then some other kid comes along and likes it a lot and plays with it that toy suddenly means the world to them. That is how Griffith felt about Caska I think.

Interesting examples, Shouki. It's possible he felt the same way with Charlotte which is why he went back to her, but off all the people he went back to it was her which was clearly a very difficult choice, why? Prehaps he wanted to choose someone who had power to have power over, her being the princess and all. Guts being the one who was essentially to powerful to have power over, making charlotte being the next best thing perhaps.

As for Caska, well I still might call it love, but the same way you love a pet as that was more or less what she was for him.

DemonX said:
None. He manipulated charolette, he never loved her. He raped/fucked caska... can he possibly love her? He wants her body, but thats not love. Not even in guts case did he love, not even as a friend. Well maybe as a friend... but a twisted friendship considering he stabbed the man who saved him from torment in the back, and it went right though gut's heart.

He raped Caska only after he was a Godhand, so you can't exactly call that Griffiths actions as he changes into a very different person.

True enough... but as a human i really doubt he never love anyone before...

Caska was the one that i believe he did once like, and the rape scene in vol 13 was definitely more than just to give birth to his future body...

Opie

The Sex Icon
I think he's got something with Charlotte...I always think that when I see his eyes as Charlotte rescues him.

Opie said:
I think he's got something with Charlotte...I always think that when I see his eyes as Charlotte rescues him.

Yeah.

What Griffith is saying when they first meet in chapter 235:
"Please excuse me for my intrusion, Princess Charlotte..."

What Griffith is thinking to make him look so fondly upon her:
"You're going to make me a king, you little steping stone... fufufufu." ;D

i think he has an unnatural love for himself :-X

he might enjoy being around charlotte and others, the only person he ever really cared about was himself,

he once showed a little care for guts, but it was so he wouldnt be killed so he could help griffith with his ambitions,

and like zodd said, when his ambitions crumbled, he would not be his friend,

and now more than ever, he loves himself

- c

d00kiemastah

All I want to do is...bicycle.
Well, I have to agree with most everyone.  There're so many different kinds of love, and only one word for it.  That makes discussion like this a little diffcult...I think that Griffith loved Guts in the same way that a person loves their closest friend.  I don't think that Griffith wanted him only for his power...I suppose at first, that is perhaps what he wanted.  But by the time that Guts left, Griffith didn't even need an army any longer.  The war had been won. Yet, he was still completely devestated.

I guess what I'm saying is that I personally don't think that Griffith ever loved anyone as a...well, lover.  Although it is interesting that he went to Charlotte in his moment of weakness...There're a million different reasons he could've done that, and I can't understand 850,000 of them.

Herald of Yama

"It is pure Potential"
Have to agree with None.

The jealous child comparison is actually quite good, i.m.o.. I've always thought of Griffith as a sociopath: someone who has an understanding of human emotions and manipulates others through that understanding in order to get what they want. Sociopaths are typically very selfish to casual observers, though they may fawn at the feet of their intended victim, if it gets them what they want. They see no problem with inflicting pain on others, so long as the same thing doesn't happen to them. Ultimately, they are severely warped individuals who, despite-or rather, because of their personality disorder, are capable of functioning within normal human society. Sometimes, they function quite well...

Miyu

I'm smiling on the inside.
Sparnage said:
As for Caska, well I still might call it love, but the same way you love a pet as that was more or less what she was for him.

To play the devil's advocate; you could really see Griffith's decision to rape Caska as a way to get back at Guts. After they rescued him, Griffith did notice how much closer Guts and Caska were. Griffith couldn't have been blind to the fact that Caska had a deep attraction to him. Seeing Caska redirect her affections toward the one man who broke his ego and spirit probably didn't bode will with Griffith. It is very likely that Griffith raped Caska just to get back at Guts and nothing more.

Personally, I see Griffith's affection for Caska as something a brother would feel for a sister and not really a love that a husband and wife would share. He did care for her, but I don't think he really loved anyone in a deep romantic sense.

i think the caska raping was two-fold,

of course one to kick guts in the balls, which worked  ;D,

and two, to put a seed in her to make a form that he could come back in the physical world, where he wants to be king,

griffith is obviously very selfish because when you have utmost power as a godhand, and you still want to roam around the physical world, there has to be something wrong,

and it all boils down to him being extremely selfish >:(,

it would seem that his physical body is that of a normal mans, guts would kick his ass,

thats why zodd is there, but that would be like guts destroying the troll intestines for slann, really have no effect on the actuall being,

just the physical form, what i said earlier still makes sense to me, he just loves himself more than anything in the universe,

and the only thing that will stand between him and his eternal happiness in the end,

will be himself :-X,

i think he will cause the downfall of himself,

just my opinion  ;D

- c  8)

I don't remember the quote exactly, but it went something like

"Among thousands of comrades, and ten thousand enemies, only you, made me forget my dream."

If that's not love I don't know what is. Griffith loves Guts dearly.

Begemot

STOP UNDRESSING ME WITH YOUR EYES!
Well, I remember some one (sorry I can't remember who) making the point a while ago that if Guts and Griffith were female, everyone would say "Griffith is a lesbian!"

lesbian?!?!

you want me to bring up that damn picture that destroyed me that i posted in the trashcan a while back? ???

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee  :(

i shutter at the thought of it  :-X

i still think he collects mirrors  ;D

- c

ps i just noticed when i typed trash-can with no space or dash it replaced it with shootin the breeze in the preview, and there it is, interesting  :D

DarkDragoon

Kuro no mahoutsukai
It seems quite obvious to me that Griffith loved Guts as a friend.

As far as Charolette, he went to her for comfort when he was depressed, yes. But sex is really the best comfort in times of depression and sorrow.. so it may just have been for the comfort of sex with no feelings involved. However, he knew there were risks involved.. and he really could've banged any chick he wanted to.. but he chose Charolette, despite the risks. That could either mean that it's because he cares about her, or because he was too lazy to go find another chick so he went to the one who he knew wanted him. Id say it means he cared about her.. because I think it'd be easier to go find another random chick to bang instead of risking his ass breaking into a palace to bang one specific one.

DarkDragoon said:
It seems quite obvious to me that Griffith loved Guts as a friend.

As far as Charolette, he went to her for comfort when he was depressed, yes. But sex is really the best comfort in times of depression and sorrow.. so it may just have been for the comfort of sex with no feelings involved. However, he knew there were risks involved.. and he really could've banged any chick he wanted to.. but he chose Charolette, despite the risks. That could either mean that it's because he cares about her, or because he was too lazy to go find another chick so he went to the one who he knew wanted him. Id say it means he cared about her.. because I think it'd be easier to go find another random chick to bang instead of risking his ass breaking into a palace to bang one specific one.

I don't think that was his reasoning. Alright, hear me out. Griffith's dream would have led him to marry Charlotte, yes? Well, having Guts leave, noticing Griffith's molested and disturbed face and actions afterwards, I drew this conclusion.

Guts left Griffith. Griffith couldn't handle it. It drove him to make a rash decision. Instead of taking his time and properly getting himself in the royal family in order to be king, he had clouded judgment because of Guts' actions, therefore he showed up and did it to Charlotte as a shortcut, and because he was very, very hurt by Guts leaving. Basically it made Griffith do something stupid, and he did get caught for it.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
C said:
i just noticed when i typed trash-can with no space or dash it replaced it with shootin the breeze in the preview, and there it is, interesting  :D

Yeah, now stop calling it that way, or I'll delete your posts containing that word. It goes for the other members too.

who did griffith really once loved?? Griffith's only goal was to gain power. He was a just man who gained many followers, but the first signs of his evil appear as he is tourtured and imprisoned for a year for the crime of makeing love to the princess of the kingdom he served. As his grip on reality began to loosen, he blamed it all on Guts, his most trusted man and in many ways best friend. Because Guts decided to leave the Hawks, Griffith blamed him for his own predicament. Even after being rescued by Guts and some of the Hawks, he grows jealous of the relationship between Guts and Caska, a female member of the Hawks who had previously been obsessed with Griffith. His ambition having been destroyed, he was visited by the four angels; the godhand. These servants of god promised to give him ultimate power and his dream of ruleing, but there had to be a sacrifice. Griffith sacrificed his men, the Hawks, the people who loved and admired him, without a second thought. As they were brutally massacred by the servents of the godhand, Griffith died and Femto, the final member of the godhand was born. The only people left alive at that point were Guts and Caska, so in order to spite the man who he blamed for his misfortune, he raped Caska and forced Guts to watch. Even Charlotte Her self Was A tool. he was using her to become king.

Top Bottom