Somebody tell me what this is please

xechnao said:
http://tslf.hp.infoseek.co.jp/image/deka_gunkata_s.jpg
http://www.freestyle-works.com/RIOT/toku/gunkata.jpg

Looks like a martial arts TV show in the vein of Power Rangers in Japan, based off of the concept proposed in the movie Equilibrium of "gun katas."

nir085

Horse and Armor
I know that it's a type of live-action fiction show in Japan known as "sentai" (shows that later formed the basis for "Power Rangers")

...or are you looking for a more specific answer?

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Yea, looks pritty much like power rangers to me. I remember japan came out with a stupid spiderman show that looked very much like power rangers. Too much cosplay, you know?

nir085

Horse and Armor
xechnao said:
What do you mean live-action? Is it live or a film-series thing?
I mean, stuff like this.

I shouldn't have said live-action (no need to specify the obvious), but I meant to say a cartoony show with real people, unlike the other popular Japanese fiction series. (I didn't want to give you the impression, either, that it's a live-action/real people show based on an anime, like Great Teacher Onizuka.) I don't know if there is Power Rangers up in Italy, but if you've ever seen that, just think of that. Except more Japanese.

nir085 said:
I mean, stuff like this.

I shouldn't have said live-action (no need to specify the obvious), but I meant to say a cartoony show with real people, unlike the other popular Japanese fiction series. (I didn't want to give you the impression, either, that it's a live-action/real people show based on an anime, like Great Teacher Onizuka.) I don't know if there is Power Rangers up in Italy, but if you've ever seen that, just think of that. Except more Japanese.

But nir I could see it's not an anime but with people you know...I am not sooo dumb ::)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
What's up with these Power Rangers references guys ? None of you ever saw Spectreman or San Ku Kai ? ;D.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
ZODDGUTSU said:
That's the final word. ;)

Well it seems not ::).

They're old series that made the "sentai" style popular, along with "Space Sheriff Gavan" and other Bioman series... The first one was made in 1966 or so I think, and was called Ultraman.

"Gunkata" was in Equilibrium...a lot of those same scenes (guy standing in the middle, and shooting guys in a circle by only moving his arms) were in the movie. Don't know which is older.

Top Bottom