James Camerons Battle Angel Alita Confrim?

Good news for Nomad.  ;) And other Alita fans.

Finally some new news about the Battle Angel Alita movie of possibility being directed by Cameron.

"The guys from MovieFans.de spotted this in Yukitopia FAQ written by Yukito Kishiro. Again, it confirms that James Cameron is indeed doing a film version of "Battle Angel Alita".

Q. Is it true that GUNNM (Battle Angel Alita) will be made into a movie?
A. It is true, I made an agreement about film adaptation of "GUNNM" with the movie director James Cameron. I can't tell you in detail I have the confidentiality agreement. It is yet to be determined by him when start making it and released on. An official announcement will be made after a decision of starting time. Often they will give up movie projects or make it for more than a decade, you could guess that the GUNNM movie will get put together as well as I could. Please pray for quick and complete making the amazing movie, and warmly watch and wait in the long term.

It's rumoured that "Battle Angel Alita" could be Cameron's next film. He reportedly wants an all-star cast for the film - rumoured to be filming in 3D - with Sly Stallone, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Brian Cox and John Savage whispered to be in talks for parts. "

http://www.moviehole.net/news/4295.html

Comment- Schwarzenegger and Stallone WTF?? :eek:

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
You have seen japanese live action movies right Sparnage? Anime effects end up looking super-corny.

Basicly all this does is confirm that they've negotiated the rights to do it, something thats been known for a long time. That and someone isn't paying attention to teh Arnold.

Of course I have, Japanese movies can be pretty cool at times, Ichi was based on a Manga and was pretty cool (along with most of Miikes other movies), Battle royal was fantastic, suicide club was at least interesting and Casshern is a movie I am really looking forward to seeing.
Even when their live action movies are corny and dodge they are still cool in their own way, why only tonight I got the Japanese Ninja comedy called Red shadow, looks fantastic! ;D

Besides James Cameron did Dark Angel..... do I even need to say anymore?

James cameron is not a bad director at all... With his top 3 movie so famous to almost everyone...

Anyway I never see both Slvester Stallon and Arnold before in a movie... Never... Cant imagine who will win if the 2 really fight each should there be a film for both of them...

I do believe his a good director. Sure he may not do deep in story and not much on character development but his good doing action scenes and in specail effects. Also he isn't ALL style with no substance.

Now Jerry Buckhumeir sp? the director of Bad Boys movies and other movies on the other hand. His all style with no substance.

"Griffith No More!" said:
Incorrect.
Really? I don't think so.

ZODDGUTSU said:
I do believe his a good director. Sure he may not do deep in story and not much on character development but his good doing action scenes and in specail effects. Also he isn't ALL style with no substance.

Now Jerry Buckhumeir sp? the director of Bad Boys movies and other movies on the other hand. His all style with no substance.
Well, about the only Cameron film that I like is The Abyss, and that's hardly an action film. And I haven't seen that for years and years. Aliens I enjoyed, but that's really about it. I don't generally like Action Films anymore. And that could either mean there's a problem with me or there's a problem with the films released recently. I'll take the latter.

Michael Bay directed Bad Boys. As far as I know, Bruckheimer is just a producer.

I do believe BBA film would fit well for Cameron. The type of movie he likes to do, BBA has action,deals about the future, strong female leading role and needs a bunch of special effetcs ex: Terminator 1&2 and Aliens.

I do agree with you actions films have been meh. Points to Aliens VS Peradors. :-X

Titanic might make some of you ppl puke.. but then its still the top leading box office movie in the world (not even LOTR-ROTK broke his record)...

Aliens was so solid that among the 4 aliens series James Cameron ones is still considered the best even now (even overtaking the original Alien, which one of the very rare movie i see which sequel is better than original)

Terminator?... needless to say... Arnold get elected to be the governor thanks to this film (in other word, his popularity orginated from this film)

Abyss...? I am not too sure as i have not watch it myself... But heard from quite lot ppl too that its nice...

A very good sci-fiction director i must say

Smith said:
Titanic might make some of you ppl puke.. but then its still the top leading box office movie in the world (not even LOTR-ROTK broke his record)...
Mainstream acceptance and popularity is hardly something that should be used to determine quality.

Sven Viking said:
Ranemaka13: You dislike both Terminator films? (not counting 3)
I REALLY don't like the first one anymore. My favorite parts in the past were, well, ironically, the sequences in the future. I loved the exo-skeletons and thought they were too badass for their own good. And I was always rooting for them to fuck shit up.
But my feelings towards these movies, and these kinds of movies, have become ambiguous. Meaning, I don't HATE them, but I don't like them either. I generally don't think about them and are left feeling "meh" when I do.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Well thanks for the news... I give Cameron lot's of credit. Even when people say he lost he's touch...(I think Miura also said that :-\) the man deserves respect.

look at it at the bright side... at least it's not Paul Anderson.

Nomad said:
Well thanks for the news...  I give Cameron lot's of credit.  Even when people say he lost he's touch...(I think Miura also said that  :-\) the man deserves respect.

Oh yeah I forgot about Miura comment about Cameron. lol Even Miura is "bashing" Cameron. :'(

I don't get it just because he did Titanic people think his not good anymore. From what I understand people only say that because he directed a Romance movie instead of his usual action movies.

I didn't think Titanic was bad kinda boring yes but not bad.

Titanic was more of an artsy movie. It was geared more towards the public as a whole. That's why it was so well recieved and made so much money. Well that and there were people who saw it up to 100 times :eek:.

8 bucks a ticket times 100 views. That's 800 bucks of cash spent better elsewhere.

Either of them. ;)
>:( URRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(
ANTAGONIST!!!

ZODDGUTSU said:
I don't get it just because he did Titanic people think his not good anymore.
And what has he done since Titanic that would prove otherwise?

From what I understand people only say that because he directed a Romance movie instead of his usual action movies.
Some people, certainly, but I think you hit the nail on the head right here:

Titanic was ... kinda very boring ....
*ahem* ;D

dwarfkicker said:
Titanic was more of an artsy movie. It was geared more towards the public as a whole.
Since when are "artsy" movies geared towards the public?
And since when is Titanic considered "artsy"?!
Also, define "artsy" for me, please. I'm interested to see how our definitions differ.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
ranemaka13 said:
>:( URRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(
ANTAGONIST!!!

Hahaha! I'm always glad to be appreciated.

Anyway, Titanic broke old Jamesy boys brain, imagine, if you will, after a hellish shoot on the most expensive film ever made, one surely destined to fail at the box office and ruin your career, one in which you gave up your salary just so you'd have that money to finish it with, you become the director of the most successful film in the history of the human race, winning the most Academy Awards, making the most money (by far). How do you follow that up?

With a WAR OF THE MACHINES movie, that how! But he didn't, so he's as dead to me now as he is to Miura. ;)

HOWEVER, Cameron will always have a place far above any Paul Anderson's that might be out there as far as directing and movies go, whatever middle initials they have to use to distinguish themselves.

And my definition of an "artsy" film, if anyone cares, is usually "self-conscious, poumpous shit." I haven't seen Titanic since it's release, but I'm sure it fits the bill.

Hahaha! I'm always glad to be appreciated.

Anyway, Titanic broke old Jamesy boys brain, imagine, if you will, after a hellish shoot on the most expensive film ever made, one surely destined to fail at the box office and ruin your career, one in which you gave up your salary just so you'd have that money to finish it with, you become the director of the most successful film in the history of the human race, winning the most Academy Awards, making the most money (by far). How do you follow that up?

With a WAR OF THE MACHINES movie, that how! But he didn't, so he's as dead to me now as he is to Miura. ;)

HOWEVER, Cameron will always have a place far above any Paul Anderson's that might be out there as far as directing and movies go, whatever middle initials they have to use to distinguish themselves.

And my definition of an "artsy" film, if anyone cares, is usually "self-conscious, poumpous shit." I haven't seen Titanic since it's release, but I'm sure it fits the bill.
Oh, Griff! How you strike my heart with your sharp-edged words! OH! How it stings! :'(

When I think of "artsy" I think of Waking Life or Clerks or maybe even Pulp Fiction (so I guess I'd have to agree with your definition, for the most part, but only given certain cases). Titanic feels more like a Romantic Blockbuster or something.... I figured "artsy" and "indie/foreign" went hand in hand as far as the general public is concerned. :-\
But I honestly think "artsy" and "pretentious" are getting thrown around a lot lately just because it's the easiest excuse someone has for not liking a movie (or maybe it's just some of the people I hang out with).

I don't think Clerks was artsy, just cheap. =)
Yeah, that's where "indie" comes in.
Also, I heard that Clerks ended up costing hella more than Smith ever intended since he paid for the thing with credit cards.

Top Bottom