Berserk on a motion picture?!?!?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Gaiseric The Great said:
A Movie doesn't exist but Paul Anderson does.

How is that supposed to affect what I said?

Gaiseric The Great said:
How the studios can give that twat a career by destoying sure things I'll never know.

What do you mean? Alien vs Predator surpasses all of the original movies... He didn't do as well on Resident Evil, but it's still better than the lousy games it's based on.

The RE movies were an insult to the games. And AvP was a joke. Just like Anderson. The first Mortal Kombat movie was the only thing that Anderson did right. Which isn't saying much because MK was only mildly entertaining.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
dwarfkicker said:
The first Mortal Kombat movie was the only thing that Anderson did right.

The speedy-techno music during the credits is actually the only thing I "enjoyed" in MK. Now, let's get back on topic, there are enough threads about Paul W. Anderson in Shootin' the Breeze.

I haven`t seen any movies based on manga, but a friend of mine has, and he says that they tend to be terrible. They are making a live action movie of neon genesis evangelion and dragonball right now. Dragonball is propably doomed from the start, but I really hope that they don`t screw up evangelion.

I must apologize for I didn't read through the whole topic, but what do you think of a CG movie like FF7: Advent Children? I think that would be the way to go because there is no actor or actress that could pull off some of these characters.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
dwarfkicker said:
what do you think of a CG movie like FF7: Advent Children?

Would be better (animation is animation, CG or not), but how would you fit the plot in 2h? It's better left undone imho.

maximus

Es ist einsam im Nebel zu wandern...
Aazealh said:
Would be better (animation is animation, CG or not), but how would you fit the plot in 2h? It's better left undone imho.
What about an animation series?
I d like that idea...but this time it shoud be done right!

Khorne said:
I haven`t seen any movies based on manga, but a friend of mine has, and he says that they tend to be terrible. They are making a live action movie of neon genesis evangelion and dragonball right now. Dragonball is propably doomed from the start, but I really hope that they don`t screw up evangelion.

o_O A Neon Genesis Evangelion Live action movie?

The end is near!!! Oh god... please no... someone kill whoever devised the idea... and the producers and the directors and HOW ARE THEY GOING TO MAKE THE EVAS??? CG Gaffix sucks and please dont make someone dress in a costume like if it was ultraman...

God... Im sorry I sinned! Please stop the evil from spreading...

If it were to be done the movies would have to be like 3 hours long. And it could be divided up into trilogies.

Band of the Hawk trilogy
Black Swordsman trilogy
etc.

dwarfkicker said:
If it were to be done the movies would have to be like 3 hours long.  And it could be divided up into trilogies.

Band of the Hawk trilogy
Black Swordsman trilogy
etc.

I think youre thinking of LoTR... Berserk movies would have to be like a 6 different 4 hr long movies per manga...

how many is it so far? 29 mangas?

*drinks sake*

thats a total of 4*6*29= 696hrs (up to now) I dont think the films would ever end... Gatts would end up being played by different actors like what happened to Agent 007...

No fucking way. The first three volumes of berserk could easily be put together in a three/four hour movie. The lost children arc (second half of vol 14 - the first half of vol 17) could also be put into a three/four hour movie. You actually think one volume would have to be divided up into 6 parts? Or did I just misunderstand you.

Kyoke said:
o_O A Neon Genesis Evangelion Live action movie?

The end is near!!! Oh god... please no... someone kill whoever devised the idea... and the producers and the directors and HOW ARE THEY GOING TO MAKE THE EVAS??? CG Gaffix sucks and please dont make someone dress in a costume like if it was ultraman...
I have seen sketches and pictures of how the evas will look, and they look good.

dwarfkicker said:
No fucking way.  The first three volumes of berserk could easily be put together in a three/four hour movie. The lost children arc (second half of vol 14 - the first half of vol 17) could also be put into a three/four hour movie.  You actually think one volume would have to be divided up into 6 parts?  Or did I just misunderstand you.

Well I was exaggerating a bit... but I can say it will take AT LEAST 2-3 hrs per volume. I mean look at the anime series as an example... its 25 30mins eps which gives you 12 hrs of watching time and that takes over, was it vol 2-13 or chapters 2-13? I dun remember. (Yeah yeah Im a noob so what?) Anyhoo, thats the anime which as we all know is based but not the same as the manga and if the manga WAS to be made into a motion picture series like LoTR and not look like Star Wars which only has ONE trilogy (the original one, cuz episode 1 and 2 suck and dont follow each other just show a story in a timeline to further develop the trilogy and lotsa special effects to get money.) Then you would at least need a total of 36hrs of filmtime to get what you have UP to know, thats just following the main story and not jumping to any sidestories.

*drinks sake*

Khorne said:
I have seen sketches and pictures of how the evas will look, and they look good.

Can you post any pics? Not of the sketches of course... sketches are sketches, not the real deal.

*drinks sake*

Kyoke said:
Can you post any pics? Not of the sketches of course... sketches are sketches, not the real deal.

*drinks sake*
There are two reasons why I cannot:1, a friend of mine showed them to me when I visited his home, so I cannot remember the name of the site, and 2: I have no idea whatsoever how you post pictures.

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
Khorne said:
There are two reasons why I cannot:1, a friend of mine showed them to me when I visited his home, so I cannot remember the name of the site,
This has some concept art for it.
and 2: I have no idea whatsoever how you post pictures.
Go to Image Shack (without spaces), host your photo, then in your post use [ img]image's URL[ /img] to post the photo. :)

Headless Death said:
This has some concept art for it.

Go to Image Shack (without spaces), host your photo, then in your post use [ img]image's URL[ /img] to post the photo. :)

Thnx for that HD. (Can I call you HD?, I already did tho'... oh well) The "concept" art looks pretty good... tho I doubt the movie will look like the concept for it. Im not a big fan of CG Graphs. Ill just keep my opinions to myself until they have done something else besides just concept art.

*drinks sake*

Lets look at episode 1 of the anime and chapter 1 of volume 1. The episode is like 20 minutes. If it were 30 minutes it would still not be enough time for everything in that chapter. 45 minutes on the other hand could easily hold the first chapter. So yeah, a movie could consist of the whole black swordsman part of the first three volumes. Now it would take longer than 3 hours but no more than 4 hours.

Herald of Yama

"It is pure Potential"
Y'know, rather than letting some studio full of monkeys with typewriters totally castrate the story then present an ass-raped final edit to the hardcore fans(who will be PISSED) along with the ignorant masses(who will be confused), why not give it over to a medium that typically shows respect for its source material, a medium which, in the past few years, has gained in popularity once again, as well as having created stunning visual effects most critics thought it incapable of. Yes friends, I speak of BERSERK: The Opera! :D

Herald of Yama said:
Y'know, rather than letting some studio full of monkeys with typewriters totally castrate the story then present an ass-raped final edit to the hardcore fans(who will be PISSED) along with the ignorant masses(who will be confused), why not give it over to a medium that typically shows respect for its source material, a medium which, in the past few years, has gained in popularity once again, as well as having created stunning visual effects most critics thought it incapable of. Yes friends, I speak of BERSERK: The Opera! :D

LOL I cant wait to see Luciano Pavarotti as Gatts... :p

*drinks sake*

Khorne said:
Pavarotti as Guts? Mein Gott!
Ps. I don`t think it`s healthy to drink that much sake all the time, Kyoke..... ;)

*drinks sake* Uhm... you sure? *drinks sake*

Want some?

Who else would play Guts in a Opera? I personally dont know any names of Opera singers, but I do know I want Guts to be played by one of the best voices in the Opera buisness... and Pavarotti is one of the 3 best. :D

Top Bottom