Where to get Japanese language manga ?

garlicthethird

Gormem, Duymam, Soylemem
I live in Vancouver BC, Canada(if that matters) and I'm wondering where, in the internet or the real world(hyperreality it may be), I can get a Japanese language berserk.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Re: where to get japanese language mangas

www.sasugabooks.com

Or

Your local japanese bookstore (dial 411, ask for japanese bookstores)

scroto

Mmm....You don't say?

Anyone tried animenation.com's store??
I also would like to pick up the original Japan editions of the berserk manga. I live in the states if that helps.

nir085

Horse and Armor

animaxis.com is also a place where you could buy the Japanese editions and at a much lower price than SASUGA Japanese bookstore, unless SASUGA's shipping cost is considerably less. Be warned, though, I buy 4 BERSERK volumes at a time from animaxis.com...at $50, which is bizarrely ridiculous if you look at the prices they offer per manga ($4.49).

animenation's BERSERK tankoubon prices are pretty high, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was a cheaper buy than either of the two sources listed above, just because of the shipping. Although it would only be a difference in 5 bucks or so, maximum.

So yeah, online manga shopping, especially from Japan, should be your last resort if there is a manga/japanese bookstore near you.

scroto

Mmm....You don't say?

Thanks to Aazealh's recmommendation I ordered a couple from www.nippon-export.com today.THe prices per book were very good, but that shipping charge from japan to the us was ungodhandly huge!! Hope it gets here soon though, like in under two weeks. Haha ;D

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

They might give you a reduction if you order really many things, anyway, the high shipping cost is due to the Japan Postal Service insurance, preventing damage to your package during its trip from their office to the airport.

They're the only shop I know that actually takes that insurance, considering it only affects packages on Japanese territory, and that they're rarely damaged, but it's their policy.

To get your manga delivered fast, I recommend EMS, it's not much more expensive, but very fast and reliable.

scroto

Mmm....You don't say?

Yes Aazealh, i did use the EMS, after seeing the drastic difference between the regular shipping transportation time and the low low amount of time for EMS, i spent the extra twenty bucks. They claim it will be here in appoximately five days after it ships, but we will see.

You're right on the insurance thingy though, I haven't seen that before anywhere, and practically everything i buy is over the internet these days. Nice to know somebody is taking the extra step to insure a safe journey for my manga!

scroto

Mmm....You don't say?

SWWEEEEEEEEETT!!!!!!!!

My Books showed up this morning at 10:00am, that package was post marked 10-5, and it got here 10-8, that EMS shipping rules!!!!

Plus reading the latest chapter makes this the greatest berserk day ever!!! Im a gonna go read now!!!!

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
davedapunk said:
Does anyone know where i can buy it in GBP? or even the Euro?
Aazealh said:
You could try from www.aclimatesolution.com and www.nippon-export.com too, I didn't check how the prices exactly compare, but these 2 shops are pretty cheap and I never had a problem with them.
I think this quote from this thread answers your question best. ;D

nippon-export seems to have a good amount of currency options. ;D

S

Some Guy

Where Can I Buy the Japanese Manga

I currently don't own any of the Japanese manga and was hoping to know where I might be able to order all of the current volumes for the lowest available price.

Any suggestions?

Re: Where Can I Buy the Japanese Manga

They were on ebay about a week ago and went for $80 or something like that, only one bid.....you missed out. So if I were you I'd keep an eye on ebay. I got mine on rinkya, ended up paying way too much.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Where Can I Buy the Japanese Manga

Some Guy said:
I currently don't own any of the Japanese manga and was hoping to know where I might be able to order all of the current volumes for the lowest available price.

Make a search before you post a thread next time please. I merged your thread with an existing one covering the same topic.

http://global.yesasia.com/en/Index.aspx

this is another site to consider, they send to most parts of the world (i think). it's 8.5USD per volume- the jpn manga is pretty updated.

Berserk Manga Price

I just got back from Kinokuniya Bookstores and I noticed something ODD! :eek: The price of ODD number Berserk volumes were 75 cents MORE than the EVEN number Berserk volumes!!! :eek:

Anyone notice this too? Anyone know why?

Top Bottom