Author Topic: Dark Horse Berserk #5 is Messed Up  (Read 6137 times)

Offline Metal Soldier

Dark Horse Berserk #5 is Messed Up
« on: October 13, 2004, 07:47:51 PM »
I picked up volume 5 today at the comic shop, and when chapter Nosferatu Zood (1) ends, it jumps back to page 113 and continues back up to the same point. Leaving out everything that happens until p.177

Offline dwarfkicker

Re: Dark Horse Berserk #5 is Messed Up
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2004, 08:38:18 PM »
Be a little more specific.  Does the manga not finish?  Like it reapeats and then ends at the repeated spot?

Offline unregistered

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2004, 08:48:39 PM »
Ya man, I feel your pain. Volume 5 is all messed up. It completely leaves out Zodd chpt 2 and just repeats a part of the wind of swords and Zodd chpt 1.  Fuk'n Digital Manga and Dark Horse are a bunch of ass clowns and can burn in hell for this.

Offline dwarfkicker

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2004, 08:52:40 PM »
Someone should email them regarding this.  This way they can have it fixed by the time the next one comes out.  I hear that the the errors in the first volume have been fixed.

Offline Jon Schaffer

• The Madman
  • Of the Interstice
  • Mar...
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2004, 08:53:10 PM »
Fuck, doesn't look like I'm buying this one just yet.

Offline dwarfkicker

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2004, 08:57:02 PM »
I was goin to get it tomarrow but now that this topic came up I'll wait until vol 6 comes out to see if this is problem is fixed.

Offline unregistered

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2004, 09:01:28 PM »
Ya, I wish I knew about it too. There was no way that I would know about it because the manga's come shrink wrapped. Bastards

Offline KuraiDragoon

• Of the Interstice
  • Kuro no mahoutsukai
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2004, 12:12:34 AM »
Wow Dark Horse is really proving itself to be a fucking retard.
~May the night always embrace its own~

Offline Trashcan

• Of the Interstice
  • "It is pure Potential"
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2004, 12:38:23 AM »
SO is this complaint based upon multiple issues of vol. 5, or an error in the issue Metal Soldier picked up? If it is an instance of the entire stock being erroneous, then we should get off our duffs and email Dark Horse right away. If this is based on an error in ONE issue, go buy another copy. Admittedly, the shrink wrap does make it impossible to verify such problems until after a purchase is made, so I feel DH and Studio Proteus really should have stricter QC on this title.

It's always the same. Now if you had the two eyes on the same side of the nose, for instance -- or the mouth at the top -- that would be some help.'

`It wouldn't look nice,' Alice objected. But Humpty Dumpty only shut his eyes, and said `Wait till you've tried.'

Offline Opie

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2004, 01:04:42 AM »
Mines fine...
My school was the open road. Pain and suffering, my textbooks. My teachers, the gypsies and rapscallions I met along the way. The only constant in my life was art. For you see boys and girls I, Manny Coon, am enslaved to the harshest mistress of all, my muse... That bitch rode the right side of my brain for all she was worth. Always driving me on to find that shade of blue that makes you cry, that red that makes you hot. And always... always, to paint bigger, and better, tits. - Manny Coon

Offline Berserk Ayato

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2004, 01:13:24 AM »
Someone should email them regarding this.  This way they can have it fixed by the time the next one comes out.  I hear that the the errors in the first volume have been fixed.

There were only some spelling mistakes in volume 1, am i correct? Or was there a problem with actual content? I didnt notice anything and i got mine first day.

Offline DemonX

• Noisy Insect
  • Quarantined
  • Of the Vortex
  • Jesus cries when he looks at me.
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2004, 01:21:21 AM »
I know there were stuff wrong with the summerys...
I gave you fair warning! Now I am going to make a fool of myself in front of everybody! >:( Feel the ANGST! >:(

Offline dwarfkicker

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2004, 01:43:18 AM »
There were only some spelling mistakes in volume 1, am i correct? Or was there a problem with actual content? I didnt notice anything and i got mine first day.
It was spelling and grammer mistakes.  Nothing too catastrophic.  They were apparently fixed.

Mines fine...
How is yours fine?  It's darkhorse right?

Offline Metal Soldier

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2004, 02:00:29 AM »
The error is that on pages 145-176, pages 113-144 are reprinted, then it picks back up at page 177.

I emailed Dark Horse shortly after discovering the error. I'm still waiting for a response.

Offline Opie

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2004, 02:04:34 AM »
Well it means mine doesn't have anything wrong with it. No reprinted pages and what not, its all there.
My school was the open road. Pain and suffering, my textbooks. My teachers, the gypsies and rapscallions I met along the way. The only constant in my life was art. For you see boys and girls I, Manny Coon, am enslaved to the harshest mistress of all, my muse... That bitch rode the right side of my brain for all she was worth. Always driving me on to find that shade of blue that makes you cry, that red that makes you hot. And always... always, to paint bigger, and better, tits. - Manny Coon

Offline TheSkyTraveller

• Of the Interstice
  • Monster adventures on the high seas!
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2004, 02:49:43 AM »
What the hell?
I'm willing to bet there's more than one screwed up copy. 

Studio Proteus has nothing to do with the US release of Berserk.  If it did, it might have actually come out well!  I still think the US release sucks.  The printing still looks horrible especially on the covers.  I think it's lame that they can't get that right.

I wrote them a letter several months ago asking them to improve the printing, etc. and got no response.  Maybe good ol' fashioned letters only work on people like state representatives.  Silly me, I thought people were more impressed that way.  Maybe I'll e-mail them sometime.

It still drives me nuts that they can't release Berserk as well as Blade of the Immortal or Trigun, or with as much reverence and respect as Viz has released Vagabond.  Berserk deserves better.
A Question
A voice said, Look me in the stars
And tell me truly, men of earth,
If all the soul-and-body scars
Were not too much to pay for birth.
-Robert Frost-

Offline Tirade

• Of the Interstice
  • Hai Yai, Forces!
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2004, 02:52:34 AM »
Well, Dark Horse did have the balls to release the Berserk manga unedited(or so they claim).  Got to give them a little credit.  As for the plastic wrap, I think that's a load of crap.  There are so many other mangas out on the market that are minus the wrap.  Probably has something to do with the mature content within the Berserk manga.
In search of Berserk TCG Authentic Kentarou Miura Autograph cards.  If you can help me in my quest, rest assured you will be well compensated!

Offline Majin Tenshi

• McCoy Golem!
  • Of the Abyss
  • The can opener went bye-bye...
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2004, 04:58:07 AM »
They've had problems with every volume so far I think... typos mostly, but thats a big screwup...  I think I'll be makeing an actual point of not buying these right when they come out instead of the "just not getting around to it" that I've been doing
Ok, so I leave and come back....

Offline dwarfkicker

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2004, 11:05:11 AM »
What the hell?
I'm willing to bet there's more than one screwed up copy.
I would be worried about being one of the unlucky ones who picked up a screwed up copy.

Online Franz

• Of the Interstice
  • It's a dolphin.
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2004, 05:37:54 AM »
Fortunately I decided to buy the manga only when I'm at Anime Expo and will find them all cheaper. Until then, my english scans will, and have, done a great job.
—Franz
I've been gone 12 years. Now I'm back.

Offline Smith

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2004, 08:42:54 AM »
My god thanks i never bought DH at all in the first place...

Anyway if we were to translate and publish these ourselves we might even do a better job... Not to mention the fact that it will be coloured!!!!  ;)
It piss me off when I see weaklings, it make me want to crush them

Offline unregistered

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2004, 03:27:14 PM »
Vol. 5 is really messed up and it pisses me off but i'll keep buying them because i am an idiot.

Offline Sparnage

« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2004, 01:36:32 PM »
This seems at least worth a try to email bomb Darkhorse, then bitch and nag for this atrocity, I mean they continue to mass produce older volumes there so they might as well fix it up. Absolutely unforgivable unless they do something about it.

Offline BiQ--

• Of the Interstice
  • " ... "
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2004, 03:02:59 PM »
From DH's board, they are already aware of the problem, which affects only a bunch of the copies of vol 5. In the case you were unlucky they said it is best solved with taking the defective copy back to the store you got it (a receipt of purchase would probably help, too) and request a refund/new copy. It is a good idea to check that new copy before accepting it. The distributors can usually ship new ones fairly quickly...

Offline davedapunk

• Of the World
  • I am Zodd...you are dead.
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2004, 04:16:51 PM »
I still understand what the problem actually is. It comes out in England on the 31st October. Is it still readable/understandable?