Dark Horse Berserk #5 is Messed Up

I picked up volume 5 today at the comic shop, and when chapter Nosferatu Zood (1) ends, it jumps back to page 113 and continues back up to the same point. Leaving out everything that happens until p.177

unregistered

I'm a llama!
Ya man, I feel your pain. Volume 5 is all messed up. It completely leaves out Zodd chpt 2 and just repeats a part of the wind of swords and Zodd chpt 1. Fuk'n Digital Manga and Dark Horse are a bunch of ass clowns and can burn in hell for this.

Someone should email them regarding this. This way they can have it fixed by the time the next one comes out. I hear that the the errors in the first volume have been fixed.

Herald of Yama

"It is pure Potential"
SO is this complaint based upon multiple issues of vol. 5, or an error in the issue Metal Soldier picked up? If it is an instance of the entire stock being erroneous, then we should get off our duffs and email Dark Horse right away. If this is based on an error in ONE issue, go buy another copy. Admittedly, the shrink wrap does make it impossible to verify such problems until after a purchase is made, so I feel DH and Studio Proteus really should have stricter QC on this title.

dwarfkicker said:
Someone should email them regarding this. This way they can have it fixed by the time the next one comes out. I hear that the the errors in the first volume have been fixed.

There were only some spelling mistakes in volume 1, am i correct? Or was there a problem with actual content? I didnt notice anything and i got mine first day.

There were only some spelling mistakes in volume 1, am i correct? Or was there a problem with actual content? I didnt notice anything and i got mine first day.
It was spelling and grammer mistakes. Nothing too catastrophic. They were apparently fixed.

Mines fine...
How is yours fine? It's darkhorse right?

The error is that on pages 145-176, pages 113-144 are reprinted, then it picks back up at page 177.

I emailed Dark Horse shortly after discovering the error. I'm still waiting for a response.

TheSkyTraveller

Monster adventures on the high seas!
What the hell?
I'm willing to bet there's more than one screwed up copy.

Studio Proteus has nothing to do with the US release of Berserk. If it did, it might have actually come out well! I still think the US release sucks. The printing still looks horrible especially on the covers. I think it's lame that they can't get that right.

I wrote them a letter several months ago asking them to improve the printing, etc. and got no response. Maybe good ol' fashioned letters only work on people like state representatives. Silly me, I thought people were more impressed that way. Maybe I'll e-mail them sometime.

It still drives me nuts that they can't release Berserk as well as Blade of the Immortal or Trigun, or with as much reverence and respect as Viz has released Vagabond. Berserk deserves better.

Tirade

Hai Yai, Forces!
Well, Dark Horse did have the balls to release the Berserk manga unedited(or so they claim). Got to give them a little credit. As for the plastic wrap, I think that's a load of crap. There are so many other mangas out on the market that are minus the wrap. Probably has something to do with the mature content within the Berserk manga.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
They've had problems with every volume so far I think... typos mostly, but thats a big screwup... I think I'll be makeing an actual point of not buying these right when they come out instead of the "just not getting around to it" that I've been doing

Franz

It's a dolphin.
Fortunately I decided to buy the manga only when I'm at Anime Expo and will find them all cheaper. Until then, my english scans will, and have, done a great job.

My god thanks i never bought DH at all in the first place...

Anyway if we were to translate and publish these ourselves we might even do a better job... Not to mention the fact that it will be coloured!!!! ;)

This seems at least worth a try to email bomb Darkhorse, then bitch and nag for this atrocity, I mean they continue to mass produce older volumes there so they might as well fix it up. Absolutely unforgivable unless they do something about it.

BiQ_

" ... "
From DH's board, they are already aware of the problem, which affects only a bunch of the copies of vol 5. In the case you were unlucky they said it is best solved with taking the defective copy back to the store you got it (a receipt of purchase would probably help, too) and request a refund/new copy. It is a good idea to check that new copy before accepting it. The distributors can usually ship new ones fairly quickly...

davedapunk

I am Zodd...you are dead.
I still understand what the problem actually is. It comes out in England on the 31st October. Is it still readable/understandable?

Top Bottom