216 years & running around a rock..?

Demented Swordsman

so I pranked him.. to death with a tire iron!
Alright, so there I was, watching some special features on the second disc of the Special Edition Dune DVDs, and someone said something about Laventura(sp?) and running around a rock for 216 years looking for someone/something.

What caught my attention was the 216 years part(loose eclipse relation). I've done my fair share of searching & can't really find what the hell this guy was talking about. Apparently there are tons of ways to spell out what he pronounced (la-ven-tu-ra) but none of them found anything conclusive.

Just made this topic to see if any of you have any idea what the hell he meant.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
It's in the Lynch movie, or just the special features ? I don't remember that... And I don't remember it from the books either, what part was that in precisely ?

About the 216 years thing, Olivier observed once that 6*6*6= 216.

Demented Swordsman

Not the lynch classic, but the new Sci Fi Mini series.

The guy was making a refrence to something other than dune, & all he said was something about laventura & running around a rock for 216 yrs & still finding nothing(which is probably what I'll find.... the ironing is delicious.)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
C. Walken said:
The guy was making a refrence to something other than dune, & all he said was something about laventura & running around a rock for 216 yrs & still finding nothing(which is probably what I'll find.... the ironing is delicious.)

I see, well without the accurate thing I'll just assume he was making a stupid comment and meant 216 years as "a very long time".

Post a transcript of the context in which the comment occurs and you might be more successful. Try turning on subtitles too.

I doubt it's anything, really. Maybe something about Leto, or the Fremen wanderers, or the Chapterhouse or the Sardakin (sp). It's been awhile since I read the books.

Demented Swordsman

It was a panel discussion on future technology/science fiction & one panel member was trying to help another illustrate a point about humanity.- wasn't really related to Dune directly.

No subtitles either :-\

but ya, I've been searching to no avail. Still, the search could prove fruitful for my movie collection- there's an interesting sounding old italian movie called 'L'avventura'

No apparent relation I've been able to find thus-far

Aazealh said:
I see, well without the accurate thing I'll just assume he was making a stupid comment and meant 216 years as "a very long time".

don't know what you base that assumption on.. but okie dokie.. and I don't think he just threw 216 years out there, he sounded like he was recalling a specific occurance. Granted, if he was so specific then I should have found something by now, but the details he gave were minute.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
C. Walken said:
don't know what you base that assumption on.. but okie dokie.. I don't think he just threw 216 years out there, he sounded like he was recalling a specific occurance. Granted, if he was so specific then I should have found something by now, but the details he gave were minute.

It's just that it seemed too vague to be anything specific to me. Now, if you say the guy was serious and gave precise info, it might be different, but with just the line you quoted I doubt you'll find something relevant.

Top Bottom