what are your hobbies besides berserk

ParaParaJMo

Para Para Hawk
i pretty much like other anime. my other favorite animes are jojos bizarre adventure, dragon ball, nadeisco, gundam, marmalade boy, fushigi yuugi, and cowboy bebop.

i also like to para para. and i am a big fan of richie-sama (my custom pic). my favorite para paras are Speedway, Night of Fire, Eurobeat, Sexy Sexy Sexy, Easy Busy, O Sole Mio, and I also happen to like some anime para paras myself such as Cruel Angel Thesis-Eurobeat version, Otome no policy-Eurobeat version. And if any anime song can be para parad, then it would have to be euromixed. If you have no idea what para para is, feel free to ask me.

My favorite video games are Para Para Paradise, Berserk, Gundam: Rise From the Ashes, Gundam: Girens Greed, Dance Dance Revolution, Beatmania, Popin Music, Jojos Bizarre Adventure, Virtua Fighter 4, mostly I like fighting games and music games. And I am trying to master punchmania.

I have been to Korea, Japan, Philippines, Taiwan, Guam, Canada, Mexico, Spain, Italy, Switzerland, and France.

I recentley went to Japan my 5th time and it was a summer homestay and I got to see lots of anime and read lots of manga.

I like jpop, jrock, and eurobeat.

um.......im 17 and i live in the southwest of arizona.

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!
Oi... such an effort has to be shared methinks... ;D

Other anime... shit, yes, I like a lot, but I hate just as much. evangelion, flcl, vandread, trigun, bastard!!, tenamonya voyagers, neo ranga, outlaw star, now and then here and there, earth girl arujuna, cowboy bebop, escaflowne... and lots of little oddities. Hard to remeber at the drop of a hat. And eys... I sometimes wear hats.

para para? ??? i am utterly beyond confused!

videogames.... well... fear effect 2 is what I am playing right now, otherwise it's mostly rpgs with good plots which grabs me. I'm looking forward to soul reaver 2 at the moment... *grins*

I have been to sweden, denmark, finland, åland, germany, france, austria, switzerland, italy, spain, great britain and gibraltar... that's it I think.

As for music I am utter death metal addict. Right now it's mostly Vader, Dying Foetus, Immortal and God Dethroned. And as always At the Gates... best band in history. Some black metal and thrash metal as well. Still thinks that Queen is one of the greatest bands though... just got to respect them. Oh, and stravinskij!

Hobbies? I am a certified film freak and has collected movies for ages. So far I have been through mostly all the euro thrash, especially zombie movies, almost all that's good from the US, I have nearly gone through the HK cat III market and is working on the japanese one... that's were my Anime interest started. Borrowed evangelion from a friend and realised that some anime series/movies are just as good as real movies. So I started to devour the market *grins* As you might see my movie interest is basically in violent, dark, artistic, shocking and generally subversive movies. Romance or blockbusters... yeuck! Best movie I saw lately: Beast Cops, a HK drama/action with Anthony Wong (he rules!). It amazed me from the start and left me dumbfounded when it was over. Shit.. could HK make such brilliant movies?!!

*ahems* no... I will not be carried away. But I like film ;)

I also paints minatures and plays 40K with some friends... actually I used to frequent gw messageboards a few years back under the name of Beth666 if someone should remember me...

I do lots of other stuff too... but that's none of your business *grins*

And yeah... I live in sweden... just so you know it. Land of Vodka and Vikings.

And yeah... I live in sweden... just so you know it. Land of Vodka and Vikings.
Vikings come from Denmark, not Sweden >:(

- ThomKitl

P.S. : I live in Denmark
P.S. : 40k i a nice game, play Warhammer and Mordenheim myself :)

Fishbomb

Vikings come from Denmark, not Sweden >:(

Ptah... :p We're all Vikings up here ;D. You guys plundered england and france, we pillaged russia and down to the black sea, and the norse went to iceland, greenland and the US... *nods'

Don't hog the glory tough guy ;)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Well by far Berserk is my largest hobby. But that aside I have a few others. I am getting less and less involved in the Video Game community. I used to be hardcore about it, but now...less so. I write very often, as I am an aspiring author. I have college so I guess that counts as a hobby?

I am an avid Movie freak. I obcess over movies like none other. My current obcessions are Berserk episode 24-25 (sorry...I cant help it), Memento, Shawshank Redemption, Boogie Nights and the Matrix. I do extensive research on the backgrounds of things I enjoy and love getting small details about movies, or the screenwriters thoughts. And believe it or not...Im not an anime fan. I just like Berserk.

Writing HTML is fun, though my skills are absurdly limited to basic code and some CSS (as evident on this site)

Badminton. Yeah! Badminton is my favorite sport, though I can also play Basketball, and Frisbee with the best of 'em... I havent played badminton in months but I intend to for the first time in a while this weekend against this blatant badass, who beat the pants off of me last time we matched. Wish me luck.

Ptah...  :p We're all Vikings up here  ;D. You guys plundered england and france, we pillaged russia and down to the black sea, and the norse went to iceland, greenland and the US... *nods'
That might be true! But you guys only became Vikings because the Vikings from Denmark beat you silly ;D But it is true we are all Vikings up here! ThomKitl : "Greets his Viking brother" :)

Other hobbies ? :

Killing time on skullknight.net and other internet sites. Playing PC. If going to school can be called a hobby i guess that is another "hobby" of mine ;D I play American Football. Drink BEER and PARTY!!!

- ThomKitl

P.S. : But are you a true Viking, Fishbomb? How "BIG" are you ? :)

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Biggest hobby is Berserk, actually, my only hobby right now is the Apostle Guide *sighs*.  Favorite anime is Bebop (though I AM the original Lodoss War fan), favorite manga…well, if you need to ask then you’ll never know.  Love video games, used to be very competitive with it now it’s just how I relax sometimes (I quit all FPS’s and Diablo II, bad for your health).  RPG’s I consider different from normal video games, love all the same classic RPG’s everyone else does, personal favorites are Earthbound, FFVII (love FFVI but only one game FF game allowed), Fallout and the best all around RPG ever; Chrono Trigger (though I’m more personally attached to FFVII, what can I say, I fell in love with Aeris Gainsborough).  But I ask you all, where are the good RPG’s these days?  Love all kinds of music, Classical, Rock, Rap, Punk, Metal, Techno and whatever else, it just depends on the particular song.  Love art, used to be a great artist back in the day, won some competitions, but haven’t done much in the last few years (afraid my skills are getting stale now), but I’m really into graphic design and photoshop (though I actually prefer MSpaint for the nitty gritty, like pixel by pixel stuff).  Love movies too (and anime music videos, obsessed really), I’ll just name some nearby DVD’s; Seven Samurai, The Road Warrior, Pulp Fiction, Chasing Amy, Fight Club, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, The Blues Brothers, Star Wars (not on DVD of course), Conan The Barbarian (Total shit compared to the books, but I’m a loyal to the Conan still), Blade Runner, Rocky, Lawrence of Arabia, and the Shawshank Redemption to name a few. Other hobbies include writing, reading, thinking (people should just sit around and think sometimes, reflect like Zodd does), speculating on Berserk and pointing out what a goatse lovin’ dildo head mangykid is (my most immature and simple hobby, I basically just assist him ;). You know I love ya' mangykid).

-Griffith

“The Falcon of Darkness; master of the sinful black lambs and king of the blind white sheep, the one that will bring about the age of darkness".

“The Falcon of Light; savior of the sinful black sheep and shepherd to the blind white lambs, the one that will bring about hope in the age of darkness.”

“The Millennium Falcon; both a blind black lamb and a sinful white one, the man who will sacrifice his body for his soul and bring about an age of dreams.”

Boonki

Christopher Lowell's Rainbow Six
Let's see... I just graduated college. I gotta temp job at Sprint that pays well but I'm going to go to grad school next semester, I decided. The anime I like are: Berserk, Kare/Kano, Love Hina, Eva, & that's really it at the moment. I never got into a lot of anime like most people. When I first started watching years and years ago, I would watch anything I could get my hands on, but after a while, I started being picky because most of the shows sucked in my opinion. I am mostly into J-music; Do As Inifinity, M-Flo, Ami Suzuki, Globe, Maaaaaaya Sakamoto, & bunches of others. I am currently thinking about putting together a cover band that does anime songs and stuff at conventions.

My hobbies are the basics: Art, Music, Singing, Writing, Web Design, & Photography. That's about it, I think. I'm saving up to take a trip to Guam & Tokyo sometime in the future.

Well I really like anime, but I love manga even more I like titles like Ghost in the shell, Domion( anything by Masamune Shirow), Dragon ball, Bastard!!, Record of Lodoss War, Dark Angel by Asamiya,and some American comics like Ultimate X-men, Ultimate Spiderman, and my absolute favorite Battle Chasers by my all time favorite artist Joe Madureira.
My hobbies are reading, writting, and my favorite drawing. ;D

Besides Berserk? Is that allowed on this board? ;)

I'm currently a senior in college now, so that will be taking up much of my time. I'm a double major- International Business and Japanese Language/Culture. Otherwise I like to work on my 1980 280ZX when it needs some TLC, work or dabble in various 3D programs (e.g. 3DS, Lightwave, UnrealEd, Max-Ed). Movie-wise I'm really a big fan of noir style stuff, and stuff that just doesn't ... suck. Like most 'movies.' ;D But B Movies rule.
Movies that suck: Tomb Raider, Final Fantasy...probably much more but I can't think of them...
Movies that are bad but awesome: Zombie vs Ninja, Chinese Hercules, Deepthroat(HORRIBLE), and more...
Movies that own(in relative order): Fight Club, Memento, Shawshank Redemption, Seven, Akira, The Matrix, T2, Mononoke, Nausicaa, Memories...probably more.
I love reading about Japanese culture and absorbing what I can learn about the language. My teachers are pretty much demanding that I visit the country, which is my plan come next fall (for about a year). I've learned the language for roughly 7-8 years so far, the first 5 on my own(which wasn't too much, admittedly), and to keep in practice I do manga translations. I've worked on Rurouni Kenshin, I"s, Berserk, and Eat-Man...I've also done little bits in some jpop songs or whatnot. I for the most part despise music. As in, I'll really enjoy a song from an artist, but not find anything redeeming in the rest of the album/genre. My few favorites are Metallica(not many songs I like, but...), Susumu, NIN, Def Leppard...I have weird tastes, yes. ;)
And I currently LIVE with Walter. I guess that's worth a mention. He gets to bitch at me *personally* when I haven't finished translation of a chapter! :p

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider
martial arts (uechi ryu karate, kobudo, tai chi, custom broadsword style)

writing

videogames

mangas

anime (mostly fighting, with swords preferably, but fists are fine - hokutonoken rulees, the only predecessor to berserk)

work in a cyber cafe, we gotta a webcam and you can check me out if u want (that's only IF, i ain t postin the adress yet ;-)

surfin
cabala, apocrypha and eating great lunches

pozdrav

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
And I currently LIVE with Walter.  I guess that's worth a mention.  He gets to bitch at me *personally* when I haven't finished translation of a chapter!   :p
I also get to bitch at him about cleaning dishes  :eek: Also, I believe the correct term is..MULTIPLE chapters

wunwong

NOw...To gEt mY hANds uNstUcK.....
Ah....here's where we reveal some of our secret plans......

I am a graduate student in chemical engineering, who is planning to master martial arts skills and use of firearms, so that when I go crazy working at some cubicles at a later date, I can kill as many people/coworkers drones/pointy-haired bosses as possible. ;D

other than that:

I love anime....pretty much anything that doesn't get too cute, current favorites are Cowboy bebop, Trigun, and form the old school, fist of the north star. I am also doing the unspeakable: writing a Ranma 1/2 fanfic....
I love manga, am collecting some berserk, as well as Ushio and Tora, Bastard, and 3X3 Eyes.
I don't do movies much....though cheesy old horror flicks are cool for me.
I actually knows some real martial arts, but only a little bit of Kempo(can use a spear!). My prefer form of exercie is dancing ot techno for the entire night. music wise I am pretty open to every thing.
RPG's, strategy games, etc. are also my interest, though Soul Calibur and Tekken type games have a place in my soul.

I also advocate Cannibalism as a lifestyle, but so far not much success....... ???

mangykid-cinnaman

Why?? why?? why the slaughter of ewoks?!?! noooooo
hmm...your going to expect me to put something really weird aren't you??! well ya know what! i'm not!

well, i enjoy reading, and have always been interested in weapons and armor. i can usually do quite well in games like baldur's gate because of my knowledge of different weapons and armor (if i could get my hands on some chain mail and a sword like, say, a claymore or a broadsword that would be cool.) i also enjoy building weapons, which is usualy a spear, one of which worked quite well. but, without being a blacksmith, you can only do so much with a knife and a bench grinder. hmm... i am actually quite intelligent when i choose to be (which is not often) with an iq of around 166 and my score on those stupid standardized tests (god they're easy) never lower than 95 in one area. my latest one said "total score 99" whatever that means. im not telling you my age. i like riding my bike too. and buying old and rare videogames/playing old and rare videogames/playing new videogames/buying new videogames and systems. well, i hope this is informative and have a super-dee-duper happy slappy pants day.

P.S. i am dutch about 25% or so. im pretty big too, but im still not telling you my age.

Boonki

Christopher Lowell's Rainbow Six
Am I the only one who doesn't have much of an intrest in armor & swords? I just noticed many of you like a lot of things like that and I didn't know if that was the attraction to this series. It makes me wonder why exactly I began to like Berserk. I can't remember anymore why the anime attracted me so much. I think I saw episode 2 first, so I didn't know anything... ANYTHING at all about what was gonna happen in the future. I thought it was this wonderful war story and very realistic. I liked it cuz it didn't throw a lot of fantasy crap in it and the battles were just about actually fights and planning. I did love Gutts' sword, though. I think the only unreal things about the series from the eps.2 were 1) Gutts, 2) the healing fairy dust, 3) the behelit. Those were the only things that struck me as really odd. I think it intruiged me in wanting to know what exactly was going to happen with the behelit. But I was very happy that no dragons ever showed up. I get sick of dragons... they're overplayed in all fantasy stuff... like, they always gotta have one. Although the end it turned into complete fantasy, to me it felt like it turned more EVIL. It was completely evil what happened to everyone and all the monsters and just everything... it was gruesome enough to work. What's my point? I have none.

*snickers* I am 187 cm tall and can kick the ass of most guys I know. So there.. *nods*  8)
I am 198 cm tall and i weigh 120 kg. Have about 4 mm of hair and i play American Football. Needless to say, i can kick the ass of ANY guy ;) Also i think i picked the right picture to describe myself :) SAMSON RULEZ !!!

Fishbomb

I am 198 cm tall and i weigh 120 kg. Have about 4 mm of hair and i play American Football. Needless to say, i can kick the ass of ANY guy ;)

*grins* but I'm a girl..... *nods*

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider
My dad can kick your ass...

what's this? ???
[td]
I am 198 cm tall and i weigh 120 kg. Have about 4 mm of hair and i play American Football. Needless to say, i can kick the ass of ANY guy Also i think i picked the right picture to describe myself SAMSON RULEZ !!! [/td]

mangykid-cinnaman

noooo!!!! griffith is right!!! argghh!!! he can't be right!!! no!!!!!!! damn you!!!!!!!! ok... your right about there being no good RPGs these days. cuz there isn't. playstation, while mine is angrily broken, has released the old chrono trigger and FF4 on one CD!!! i want it!!! im getting a new playstion one. i've had mine so long it just died of old age. and dust. but i can't buy it!!! arrghhh!! im saving up for gamecube!!! damn you and your revolutionary gameplay!!!! i've really gotta organize my ideas here.

PS-walter, you better start playing more videogames. i mean, look at all the new crap coming out. 2 new systems out in the same week! we haven't seen this much goodness since 16 bit!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Ps-  Ever need any dirt on Walter (or Cronus for that matter), I'm the one to come to!

Ohhhhh shit...DOH!

PS-walter, you better start playing more videogames. i mean, look at all the new crap coming out. 2 new systems out in the same week! we haven't seen this much goodness since 16 bit!

But none of the games coming out are good. I havent played a really good console game in like....well, actually Id have to say since Xenogears. That was back in '98. Since then its been pooppooppoop from both square and 'the rest' of the companies.

Nothing at all on the horizon except for MGS2.

mangykid-cinnaman

personally, i want the gameboy zeldas, that chrono trigger/ff4 thing on playstation, gamecube with smash bros. (i am the almighty master of smashbros!!!! bow down before me!) and mario kart for gameboy advance (mine is broken. Nintendo bastards!). oh and baldur's gate 2, and empire earth for PC.

Top Bottom