what are your hobbies besides berserk

Ok let's see here.......I am a junior chemical engineering major. Right now, I'm interning in Dallas. I like reading, working out and playing video games (I love Starcraft). I play tennis whenever I can which is rarely, but I like watching it as well. My favorite movies are Trainspotting, Reservoir Dogs, Pi, Momento, Braveheart, and well...hell there whole bunch of 'em. My favorite anime series are Berserk (of couse), Lain and Escaflowne. I'm very picky about the anime I watch. Really, the only manga I'm interested in is Berserk. Oh yah, and I'm 22 yrs. old.

I havent played a really good console game in like....well, actually Id have to say since Xenogears. That was back in '98. Since then its been pooppooppoop from both square and 'the rest' of the companies.
Nothing at all on the horizon except for MGS2.

What about Xenosaga, then?

CROM

Where am I?......And why... am I naked?....
I can kick my own ass better than most marsupials. I am 17cm tall and I weigh 130kg. (I think I converted that wrong.)
P.S. My dad's astrological sign could kick everyone's preconceived notion of Ghandi ass with clown shoes.

Boonki

Christopher Lowell's Rainbow Six
What's the deal with mangykid posting those disgusting images? He said he was gonna stop and he just put another gross one up. Dude!

mangykid-cinnaman

Why?? why?? why the slaughter of ewoks?!?! noooooo
seriously guys I'm not doing that!!!!! it's not me!!!!! someone keeps changing it!!! i think it's griffith, seeing as how we have a feud so to speak...

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!
...well, actually Id have to say since Xenogears. That was back in '98. Since then its been pooppooppoop from both square and 'the rest' of the companies.

Ooooh! Xenogears! My favourite! ;D

I guess I'll come out of lurk mode to make a post... Um, I have a lot of interests but they change just as wildly as my moods... I always love to draw though. Sometimes I like working on my pages, sometimes I'll become obsessed with one video game or another (RPGs or music games mostly...) Recently I've been playing a LOT of DDR ^_^ And I just got to play the new KOF game in the arcade... sweeeet ^-^ Sometimes I really enjoy writing, although I don't write so much as I used to, because I don't read as much as I used to... I've been watching anime for a long time but I'm pretty picky about what I like... Recent favorites of mine are Gravitation and Yami no Matsuei... I much prefer manga though. My current favorite manga are Berserk, Fake, DNAngel, Blade of the Immortal and Yami no Matsuei.
What a boring post ^_^;
Oh and Walt, I dunno about you but I LOVED FF9. ^-^ Although I have to agree that a lot of RPGs are crap recently... so sad...

BOB

poruno sutâ
me favourite mangas are ......tadaa Berserk :D, DB, X, Astro boy and does GON count??

some comics from the us aren't bad either. Bone used to be great as well as the sin city series from Frank Miller.
Favourite one still remains FAUST!!!!!!
There's so much more to it than the violence.

other interests include collecting old toys like MOTU or captain future stuff as well as listening to punk influenced music like Fugazi ,Burning Airlines or ,Jawbox

PC gaming is all about Q3. Max Payne and Flashpoint are great but nothing can beat Q3.

Fishbomb

;)
Favourite one still remains FAUST!!!!!!
There's so much more to it than the violence.

Like the sex... ;)

But seriously, Faust!! Yes! So there's more than me that worships that comic... *grins* If only he weren't such a slow writer... :-(

BOB

poruno sutâ
one volume per year. don't get greedy fish ;D  
But FAUST love of the damned made me quit reading ordinary superhero stuff in 92 (germans discovered manga a bit later than people everywhere else)
There's even a film version of Faust out now by Brian Yuzna who did Re-animator. It was the worst horror movie I've ever seen :'( lame acting ridiculous effects not enough blood the music was always misplaced and so on and so on

BTW Fish read that you were into metal try out the new Deicide Lp.
I really love to dance to it.

Fishbomb

There's even a film version of Faust out now by Brian Yuzna who did Re-animator. It was the worst horror movie I've ever seen :'( lame acting ridiculous effects not enough blood the music was always misplaced and so on and so on
Was Re-animator the worst, or was Faust the worst? If it was reanimator... did you ever see the directors cut? That's the only one to watch, a lot SHORTER than the other one, snappier, better... funnier. *grins* besides, Yuzna just produced reanimator.. If Faust was the worst... sheit, I really had my hopes up for that film! I mean, Yuzna did good on Return of the Living Dead III... Damn! Shit! *needless cursing*

....It couldn't be worse than Nightmare on Elm Street III now, could it? *hides in horror*

BTW Fish read that you were into metal try out the new Deicide Lp.
I really love to dance to it.
The new Deicide is out? Already? I live in a shithole when it comes to availability of new music, and it wasn't out when I was in Wacken... Was it better than their last one? I thought that sucked... Just one good song on it. >:(

Gatts-san

"Shit! He saw me!"
I usually watches a lot of TV (especially animes and soccer matches), play videogames( online and offline), go out with friends and play soccer with some friends also. Besides that I like to read to some good manga too altough I didn't read that much cause it's damn expensive to import.

BOB

poruno sutâ
Was Re-animator the worst, or was Faust the worst?

huh ??? Re-animator and Bride of re-animator are two of me favourite horror movies. if you dislike them you'll hate the faust movie even more.
Watch it but beware that you will definately be going to think "why did i waste money on that crap"
Imagine Jaspers not wearing a costume but turning into a superhero demon all the time which just looks cheesy. the rest of the film is just cliché after cliché.

They should have made a mixture between hellbound an Caligula. This would have been acceptable.

Sorry this delicate subject is too much for me nerves.

The new deicide Lp is called IN TORMENT IN HELL. you can download the title track here
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.de/mp3/Deicide_Intormentinhell.mp3
;D

Fishbomb

*grins* I love Re-animator and bride of re-animator too! I just wondered if you did...

Not wearing a suit... GAH! That was what made him so... evil I guess. Oh well, I guess I have to see the disgrace... I'm a sucker for punishment

downloading the deicide righ now...

BOB

poruno sutâ
>:( shit i wrote about two pages about the faust story over the last hour. tried to preview it and all was gone.

ok second try
Faust is an american b/w comic by tim vigil and David Quinn.
Main Character John Jaspers got brainwashed and turned into a nut by M (who could that possibly be ???) a crime syndicate leader.
Now John and his female psychatrist  ;D try to get John's mind straight (tho i think John enjoys being a weirdo sometimes) and  he wants to have his revenge on M not knowing exactly what connects both of them.
now what makes this comic a bit disturbing for some is tons of explicit sex scenes and John's two bracelets with retractable claws which he really loves to use :D
What i love most about Faust is the deep insight you get into John's twisted struggling mind.
Read the regular series (love of the damned) first and don't let mommy find it!!!!!!!

Fishbomb did you like the track?

Fishbomb

*ponders* Yeah, it was not bad... but was it deicide? Glenn Benton's vocals were as nasty as ever but... somehow they don't seem to be as angry as before. Felt a lot more like just Metal, not Death metal. *grins* Or perhaps I'm just picky... I mean, it wasn't bad, I'm gonna buy the cd, and if it had been any group but deicide I wouldn't have had any negative comments...

But their best albums are still Once Upon the Cross and Legion... ;D

BOB

poruno sutâ
You forgot suicide sacrifice and dead by dawn >:(
Ok his vocals are a bit softer but IMO Metal bands in general lack some Aggression.
A band like DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN hits you like a punch in the face. Their Calculating infinity album is unbelievable.
on the slow side there's a band from Japan called CORRUPTED who play 60min songs with vocals growled in Spanish ;D
I always get such an unpleasant look on my face when i listen to these bands hehehe :eek:

8)sweeet. iget two say kewl stuf about myself.?..i collect ALOT of anime (1500+tapes) but only like a few series- EVAngelion (the best anything Jesus ever created!-better than The Tick comic), karekano,nadia,berserk (of course),jojo's adv., hokuto no ken, kenshin (ova's only), otaku no video, bebop, oshii (angels egg, jin roh, ghost in ...) oh super milk chan, kinnikuman, flcl, ikeda stuff, miyazaki stuff, please save my earth... i hate love hina! and ADvision.

I play drums & guitar, i play in bands...have CD's, toured west/east Europe, have been to: belgium, canada, germany, croatia, slovenija, austria, holland, switzerland, czech, poland...i am a student...i will be a mad genius and kill everyone..im majoring in Physics, and after that will major in philosophy and cosmology...i LIke to listen to music...i listen to: mr. bungle, estradasphere, dillinger escape plan, tool, botch, yokko kanno, and more. i like comics- preacher, ennis stuff, busiek, gaiman stuff, I LIKE books too. and if that wasnt enouf ..i like movies...Memento, Pi, requiem for a dream, warriors of virtue are some favorites. and stuff....i ALSO WANT TO START AN ANIME COVER BAND THAT PLAYS AT CONVENTIONS.....

aelka

*gasp* you know how hot I am? *no.*
To compare myself to all those tall people, I am only 5'1"...(doesn't look like I am gradding next year out of highschool...)

I like Berserk (this is such BS), I don't know when I picked that up, I think it's because of the whole plot and the bold and detailed images in the manga. My favourite manga from all times must be Samura's Mugen No Jyuunin/Blade of Immortal! Not much people like it, but I like how the story plots and style is so far away from the traditional comic arts.

In that sense, needless to say my hobby is art, and I major in art, and so on and so forth. I am currently enjoying nothing but art in school, skipping out of all the maths and sciences and business....Hm......tis nice.

Any of you watched Rashomon?!? It's this 1960 movie by a famous japanese guy (forgot his name): that movie is the FUNNIEST (I am sorry, I know the film is supposed to be serious but the acting...and the english transcripts......it's beyond irresistably funny.)

Top Bottom