Email Bomb

I was on Gamefaqs message board for Berserk, and someone over there is trying to get as many people as possible to email Sammy trying to convince them to localize the PS2 game. I agree wholeheartedly; the worst that can happen is that they say no. If they feel that there is an overwhelming cry out for this game outside of Japan, maybe we can get it here. I'm still going to import it, but it would be great to just read the game and understand the cut-scenes. This type of thing is what helped get other games released here, most recently Gungrave OD and the soon to be released Otogi 2. Here is Sammy's email address:

support@sammystudios.com

Tell your friends. ;D

"sigh" Call me negative but I don't think a partition will do dick in the game creators final choice to put subtitles in the game or not, they might but all we can do is hope.
Besides who can take any ideas from that fucking Gamefaq forum seriously?

Heh, in my opinion, the most effective way would be, rather than making it seem like an organised petition, to make it seem as if people are asking of their own volition... as if they've just seen the trailer and decided to e-mail and ask if it'll be coming to the US, or whether it'll have English subtitles, or whatever. It would seem more like widespread interest than a small group of fans bombarding them, that way... guess it's sort of a dirty trick, though.

That's exactly waht I'm talking about. I didn't want an organized thing, I want just a bunch of emails sent to Sammy, hence the title - Email Bomb.

I actually saw that message on gamefaq and thought what the hell why not. When I was half way through the message though it just occured to me that the most messages that will probably get sent to sammy are between 100-200. THat is the maximum I can see happening. And that isnt going to do shit except piss sammy off. So I stopped half way through my email and decided to make a thread where people can just leave a comment stating they want to see the game go stateside.

As someone said above a signed petition probably wont make much of a difference but its better than nothing. If the thread gets large enough I think it might possibly tilt things a bit. But Im thinking 2000+ posts would have to be signed to actually make any kind of an effect.

Anyway go here : http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=37167&topic=16538972

Its less time consuming then sending an email so just sign it.

Tell Sammy We Want Berserk!

Here is Sammy's email... just write and express your heartbreak and maybe they will make it better...

support@sammystudios.com

actual email from The Darktorrent on gamefaqs:
"Hello I recently watched the trailer for your upcoming Berserk game due out in Japan and I was wondering if your company has any plans for a U.S. release. If not, I ask you to strongly consider it. I my self and a great number of people would buy the game. Thank you for your time."

response from Sammy:
"Thank you for your inquiry and interest in Sammy Studios games. As of yet, there are no official plans on releasing this title to the U.S. Your recommendation will be noted."

I know this sounds like a brush off, but either way they should know that their is a favorable market here in America...

edit: whoops

Triggormortis

Weakness is a disease; I am the cure.
All e-mails should contain a sense of desperation and/or a valid point. For instance, my sent e-mail includes:

I need this game. You really don't understand...I NEED it. If it's not released in America, they will kill my family and rape my dog. I LOVE MY DOG! And yeah, my families great to, but I love my dog!
And besides, it's a win/win situation.
Consider this formula I concocted in Math class:

Berserk game (B) + Limited Edition Action Figure(L)(Fans in America)(F) = $$$

It goes something like this:

B+L(F)=$$$

You can do the math yourself.

well see the thing is everyone gets the same response from sammy.... so dont really know if there actually reading them they might just see Berserk in the subject or somthing and send the auto reply.

I got this as a response a few times

Thank you for your opinion about BERSERK.
Unfortunately, it is not scheduled to be released in
the US market at this moment.
Thank you for your kind understanding.

How many Berserk fans do you think live in the US? Nobody I talk to knows WTF Berserk is! Such a shame, I keep telling them they dont know what they're missing!
It seems like all the US Berserk freaks come to this site

Top Bottom