Episode 244

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
miurafan said:
As for that creepy thing in the alley, I'm thinking it's connected to the guy in the boat from the last chapter.

I'm starting to think that that's what Miura wants us to think and that this is something totally new that can't even be guessed at.  There's too little info to go on for this one, so we'll just have to wait for the chapter  :-\. 

After looking through my new vol 27 release yesterday, It help to clear my doubt whether Scherike knew about Guts past... She knew and she just doesnt want to say or tell anyone abt it

Olivier Hague said:

I jolly well know this is very dumb but I cant stop wondering... sorry for that... I mean she saw everything in Guts memory, from the day he join the hawk, when he met Caska, all the way to the eclipse...

Of coz maybe she didnt realised and i am wrong but then...

Lliugusamui

around the corner
She was quite freaked out and pretty confused at that time Smith, thoses flashs which hit her may have not made the effect you expect from her. Anyway I think she feels there's something here hurting Guts and that's a reason why she cares so much about him.

Guil

Really bothersome to have someone in your mind know about everything that you have done....

It think its interesting that of all the characters right now she is the only one who is shown to be 'all' good... More the reason for Miura to try to surprise the readers ;D

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Smith said:
I jolly well know this is very dumb but I cant stop wondering... sorry for that... I mean she saw everything in Guts memory, from the day he join the hawk, when he met Caska, all the way to the eclipse...

Of coz maybe she didnt realised and i am wrong but then...

It's still very probable that she doesn't know anything about his past besides the fact that he was branded by "The Hawk." She saw flashes in his mind, but that doesn't mean she got any kind of coherent history of Guts' past, just scattered images and memories. She knows what "The Hawk" looks like, and she already knows "The Hawk" branded him and Casca, so it shouldn't surprise her to see "The Hawk" in Guts' memories. But, that doesn't mean she knows anything about Guts past besides that, even that Griffith and "The Hawk" are the same person. She knows a lot about the astral world, but as we saw in the last chapter, not much about the human world. That's why I doubt she knows anything about mercenaries, The Band of the Hawks, or Griffith for that matter.

If that's true, all she would have to connect the two is Guts' soul randomly screaming Griffith's name (random as in, there was no memory of what Griff looks to accompany it), but it's never been made clear that she got anything from that. I'ts not like there's anything for her tp put together either, I doubt she cares what "The Hawks" human name is, so she wouldn't even be thinking about it. So, it could go either way, but I think she's in the dark as are th rest of Guts' band, save for Farnese and Puck.

"Griffith No More!" said:
If that's true, all she would have to connect the two is Guts' soul randomly screaming Griffith's name (random as in, there was no memory of what Griff looks to accompany it),

Yeah that happen in vol 27 when Scherike met his ego... He scream out Griffith name... Still i am a little shocked about she seem to be unaffected by the name at all... It seem like she know everything... Like i said it seem only...

Schierke is not exactly a smooth operator when it comes to people. Being all "Who was that guy whose name your spirit was calling out?" is going to get you a "..." response from Guts. Shierke knows this. She also "has the desire to be more intimate" with Guts. Even though she and the rest of the group have a legitimate right to know about why they keep getting attacked by monsters, demanding it from Guts would make him resentful of her prying, so she's not going to do that.

bandoogiemanz

"Causality. We are all slaves to it."
Re: Episode 246

I have a question. I can't remember which volume it was, but there was a part when Puck realizes that the image he got from Guts' mind was the eclipse b/c Guts explained everything to Rickert(wonder how he and Erica are doing by the way). Guts and Rickert also mentioned Griffith by name and I'm pretty sure Puck was able to see him. In this case, wouldn't Puck at least have a reasonable chance to put two and two together when while they were at the port, Serpico was talking about Griffith?

bandoogiemanz said:
Guts and Rickert also mentioned Griffith by name and I'm pretty sure Puck was able to see him.
Puck saw Femto and heard Griffith's name back in volume 3.
In this case, wouldn't Puck at least have a reasonable chance to put two and two together when while they were at the port, Serpico was talking about Griffith?
Well, yeah. Who said he didn't understand? Read the episode. Puck and Farnese both reacted to Griffith's name.
('should be in the episode 244 topic, really...)

Olivier Hague said:
Puck and Farnese both reacted to Griffith's name.

I believe both react due to different purposes...

And yes Puck... He seeme to be the only one who know Guts past...

Smith said:
I believe both react due to different purposes...
You mean, Farnese didn't see Femto and hear Griffith's name back in volume 3? She didn't read Guts's memories of the Occultation? She didn't hear Guts's explanations, on the hill of swords?
Now that you mention it, I don't believe she did, indeed. Thanks for the clarification.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom