Author Topic: Episode 246  (Read 27291 times)

Offline namayias

Re: Episode 246
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2004, 03:33:41 PM »
wow, a preview summary with a long quote.  I may be mistaken but that seems to be the first.  The story is really moving forward and beginning to set up some good conflicts in the near future.  Perhaps if sonia( sonja) meets Guts and she tells him of Griffith, the rest of guts band will finally learn who Guts really is.  Can't wait, plus Pirates, bout damn time we get some buccaneers in this.  Maybe an apostle pirate.  Arrrrrrrr!!!!!! ;D

Offline Olivier Hague

• Chairman of the Board
  • Of the Vortex
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2004, 03:38:20 PM »
wow, a preview summary with a long quote.  I may be mistaken but that seems to be the first.
Well, I generally don't do that, but it would have been a bit hard to summarize that part properly, in my opinion.

Offline xechnao

• The Board's Troll Boy
  • Of the Vortex
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2004, 04:37:34 PM »
And the game plays on people's backs and they don't even have a clue about it, wasting their energy because their attention is distracted by the rulers' game itself.
Pay attention people. Watch your back!

Offline DemonX

• Noisy Insect
  • Quarantined
  • Of the Vortex
  • Jesus cries when he looks at me.
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2004, 07:22:07 PM »
Great Chapter! Thanks oliver.

And an early thanks to saiki when he translates it.

And another early thanks to whoever decides to post the scans  ;D.

Now, I wonder how guts will react when he meets mule and sonja and finds out they are neo-hawks? That should be interesting. Im sure he will not kill them, but the beast will probably urge him to (just think of his anger when he learned of the neo-hawks from grunbeld). Perhapes when he meets them, that will be the time his ex-hawk status will finally be revealed to the rest of the group!
I gave you fair warning! Now I am going to make a fool of myself in front of everybody! >:( Feel the ANGST! >:(

Offline Mage

« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2004, 08:22:55 PM »
Hm.  Sonja's allegedly there to clear her mind....so is Mule searching for 'a witch' or for Sonja? 
-

Offline Vampire_Hunter_Bob

• SK.net Sergeant at Arms
  • Of the Abyss
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2004, 10:09:08 PM »
Isidro finally learns where Schierke might be from a man he met in the street. But he also hears about pirates / weapon merchants who kidnap children when the night comes, in order to sell them to other countries. Isidro leaves in a hurry.

They then overhear the aforementioned pirates as they're about to kidnap kids.
Schierke confronts them. She's not pleased.

I can already see where this is going to go [Well ok not really see but more around the lines of it would be cool to see Guts act like the Dread Pirate Roberts].  ;D

Offline ZODDOII

« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2004, 11:25:18 PM »
 ;D something interesting ;D

Offline namayias

« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2004, 11:29:02 PM »
oops forgot to say thanks for the summary, Olivier.

haha, That is great, ZODDII.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2004, 11:31:20 PM by namayias »

Offline Vampire_Hunter_Bob

• SK.net Sergeant at Arms
  • Of the Abyss
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2004, 11:45:06 PM »
;D something interesting ;D

Isidro isn't that kind of manga character. [Isidro is up there in for Berserk perverts, note that I said perverts not sex feinds]  ::)

Offline kimchan

• Berserk Lovin' Gal
  • Of the Vortex
  • "Should I be overcome by the vapors?
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2004, 11:55:36 PM »
Wow Olivier, very good work on the summary there!  And the plot thickens...um, again.  ;D

I think the city is actually called "Vritanis."

Britannis, Vritanis, it's pretty close to the same thing.  B and V are often interchangeable sounds. 

(Yeah, I came to the thread a bit late.)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2004, 12:03:01 AM by kimchan »
Puck: He's my villa, Isidro.  And *he's* my main house, Guts.

Offline DemonX

• Noisy Insect
  • Quarantined
  • Of the Vortex
  • Jesus cries when he looks at me.
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2004, 12:55:50 AM »
I gave you fair warning! Now I am going to make a fool of myself in front of everybody! >:( Feel the ANGST! >:(

Offline Shurikn

• Of the Interstice
  • Meiyo
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2004, 01:05:11 AM »
Merci Olivier
Thanks Olivier
La culture c'est comme les confitures, moins t'en as, plus que tu l'étends...

Offline Opie

« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2004, 01:37:43 AM »
I wonder if anything will come of Sonjas jelousy of Charlotte?
My school was the open road. Pain and suffering, my textbooks. My teachers, the gypsies and rapscallions I met along the way. The only constant in my life was art. For you see boys and girls I, Manny Coon, am enslaved to the harshest mistress of all, my muse... That bitch rode the right side of my brain for all she was worth. Always driving me on to find that shade of blue that makes you cry, that red that makes you hot. And always... always, to paint bigger, and better, tits. - Manny Coon

Offline Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of the Abyss
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2004, 01:43:25 AM »

Ursula Le Guin anybody?
If that's the case, it would explain my initial suspicions on the origin of Isidro's name (it's in one of her short stories).
:femto: :slan: :ubik:

Offline Nomad

• Of the Vortex
  • "Bring the light of day"
« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2004, 07:53:07 AM »
as allways... you have my thanks Olivier
« Last Edit: October 07, 2004, 07:54:56 AM by Nomad »

Offline Mepheiz

• Of the World
  • Thats a negative, Ghostrider
« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2004, 01:20:26 PM »
Walter, if you could, which short story are you refering to.  Is it from Earthsea?  Thanx

Offline Regent

« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2004, 02:22:57 PM »
Great Chapter! Thanks oliver.

And an early thanks to saiki when he translates it.

And another early thanks to whoever decides to post the scans  ;D.

Now, I wonder how guts will react when he meets mule and sonja and finds out they are neo-hawks? That should be interesting. Im sure he will not kill them, but the beast will probably urge him to (just think of his anger when he learned of the neo-hawks from grunbeld). Perhapes when he meets them, that will be the time his ex-hawk status will finally be revealed to the rest of the group!

I think Guts reaction will be somthing like this..."When you regard each other as brothers, and that mans ambition crumbles, then it is your destiny to die.  You cannot escape your fate!!!"

Offline Sparnage

« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2004, 02:49:44 PM »
Yeah, but shit, is he ever right about this being the most detaine..uh detailed summary ever! I mean, damn, might as well just skip to chapter 247 now, this one is DONE! 8)

Well I can certainly understand why people read the summary as they can't hold out for the chapter, but I personally like reading a chapter without any idea of whats going to happen til I read it.

Italian_demon

« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2004, 04:02:12 PM »

Well I can certainly understand why people read the summary as they can't hold out for the chapter, but I personally like reading a chapter without any idea of whats going to happen til I read it.

Me too,
i will probably read the sommary after ;)
Anyway Olivier is impressive!
Congratulations

Offline Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of the Abyss
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2004, 06:27:23 PM »
Walter, if you could, which short story are you refering to.  Is it from Earthsea?  Thanx
Well, its not EXACT, but "Isidri" is a character from Ursula Le Guin's short story book "A Fisherman from the Inland Sea".  Seeing as how Miura has already expressed his knowledge of Sci-Fi novels through character names such as "Slan, Ubik, Mule" etc, I think it's probably safe to say he's read Le Guin as well.
:femto: :slan: :ubik:

Offline Dreft

« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2004, 07:53:04 PM »
Ah, it seems that this will be a great episode

We're finally going to see more of Sonja. I've always liked her a lot. I mean, to me, she represents the more human part of the Neo-Hawks. It is quite easy to forget that the Neo band of the hawk consists of more then 'evil' apostles ('evil', because I believe that being an apostle doesn't necessarily make you evil. I don't consider the Slug count as truy evil, for example. True, he committed a lot of crimes, but he was driven to do that because of his wife. And, in the end, he atoned for that by sparing Teresa He just lost control of reality, and you can't really call that evil. But thats an discussion that doesn't fit in here, especially if you take in account the fact that I haven't spoken English for quite some time.)

Anyway, I like the fact that the Neo band has some humanity in it, midlanders who are just fighting for their country, looking up to Griffith, just like the old band of the hawk. Although we haven't seen much of the human part of the Neo band, one can figure that the human members of it are willing to risk everything for Griffith. Just like the old band. And Mule and Sonja represent that human part, because they are the only named human  Neo hawks. (Yes, I still consider Sonja human.)

Quite interesting, to me, is the fact that Sonja has a lot in common with Casca. They are, or were, both very close to Griffith, looked up to him, loved him, were willing to risk everything for him. And both of them couldn't come that close to Griffith, because of Charlotte.  Wonderful, isn't it?

Ah, that probably didn't make much sense.

Offline Regent

« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2004, 11:22:44 PM »
It makes sense.  Hopefully she won't have to endure the same horrific trials.....

Offline IgnusDei

• Of the Interstice
  • mmh-hmm good.
« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2004, 12:11:49 AM »
She probably will. 

Offline Rhombaad

• Old Fart in Training
  • Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2004, 07:26:46 AM »
Despite having read the summary I'm still excited to see this chapter.  All this side character development is good.  It means Miura is trying to get us to care about the characters like we did with the old Band of the Hawk, before he puts these characters into a horrible situation we probably can't even imagine yet.  Personally, I can't wait  ;D.

Offline Bakou

« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2004, 11:40:18 AM »
That wonderful bi-monthly event has occured yet again
 :o 8)