Episode 246

wow, a preview summary with a long quote. I may be mistaken but that seems to be the first. The story is really moving forward and beginning to set up some good conflicts in the near future. Perhaps if sonia( sonja) meets Guts and she tells him of Griffith, the rest of guts band will finally learn who Guts really is. Can't wait, plus Pirates, bout damn time we get some buccaneers in this. Maybe an apostle pirate. Arrrrrrrr!!!!!! ;D

namayias said:
wow, a preview summary with a long quote.  I may be mistaken but that seems to be the first.
Well, I generally don't do that, but it would have been a bit hard to summarize that part properly, in my opinion.

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Great Chapter! Thanks oliver.

And an early thanks to saiki when he translates it.

And another early thanks to whoever decides to post the scans ;D.

Now, I wonder how guts will react when he meets mule and sonja and finds out they are neo-hawks? That should be interesting. Im sure he will not kill them, but the beast will probably urge him to (just think of his anger when he learned of the neo-hawks from grunbeld). Perhapes when he meets them, that will be the time his ex-hawk status will finally be revealed to the rest of the group!

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Olivier Hague said:
Isidro finally learns where Schierke might be from a man he met in the street. But he also hears about pirates / weapon merchants who kidnap children when the night comes, in order to sell them to other countries. Isidro leaves in a hurry.

They then overhear the aforementioned pirates as they're about to kidnap kids.
Schierke confronts them. She's not pleased.

I can already see where this is going to go [Well ok not really see but more around the lines of it would be cool to see Guts act like the Dread Pirate Roberts]. ;D

ZODDOII

BERSERK
;D something interesting ;D

1040835-Vk9wJoaroH.jpg

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
Wow Olivier, very good work on the summary there! And the plot thickens...um, again. ;D

Sparnage said:
I think the city is actually called "Vritanis."

Britannis, Vritanis, it's pretty close to the same thing.  B and V are often interchangeable sounds. 

(Yeah, I came to the thread a bit late.)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
xechnao said:
Ursula Le Guin anybody?
If that's the case, it would explain my initial suspicions on the origin of Isidro's name (it's in one of her short stories).

DemonX said:
Great Chapter! Thanks oliver.

And an early thanks to saiki when he translates it.

And another early thanks to whoever decides to post the scans  ;D.

Now, I wonder how guts will react when he meets mule and sonja and finds out they are neo-hawks? That should be interesting. Im sure he will not kill them, but the beast will probably urge him to (just think of his anger when he learned of the neo-hawks from grunbeld). Perhapes when he meets them, that will be the time his ex-hawk status will finally be revealed to the rest of the group!

I think Guts reaction will be somthing like this..."When you regard each other as brothers, and that mans ambition crumbles, then it is your destiny to die. You cannot escape your fate!!!"

"Griffith No More!" said:
Yeah, but shit, is he ever right about this being the most detaine..uh detailed summary ever! I mean, damn, might as well just skip to chapter 247 now, this one is DONE! 8)

Well I can certainly understand why people read the summary as they can't hold out for the chapter, but I personally like reading a chapter without any idea of whats going to happen til I read it.

I

Italian_demon

Sparnage said:
Well I can certainly understand why people read the summary as they can't hold out for the chapter, but I personally like reading a chapter without any idea of whats going to happen til I read it.

Me too,
i will probably read the sommary after ;)
Anyway Olivier is impressive!
Congratulations

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Mepheiz said:
Walter, if you could, which short story are you refering to. Is it from Earthsea? Thanx
Well, its not EXACT, but "Isidri" is a character from Ursula Le Guin's short story book "A Fisherman from the Inland Sea". Seeing as how Miura has already expressed his knowledge of Sci-Fi novels through character names such as "Slan, Ubik, Mule" etc, I think it's probably safe to say he's read Le Guin as well.

Ah, it seems that this will be a great episode

We're finally going to see more of Sonja. I've always liked her a lot. I mean, to me, she represents the more human part of the Neo-Hawks. It is quite easy to forget that the Neo band of the hawk consists of more then 'evil' apostles ('evil', because I believe that being an apostle doesn't necessarily make you evil. I don't consider the Slug count as truy evil, for example. True, he committed a lot of crimes, but he was driven to do that because of his wife. And, in the end, he atoned for that by sparing Teresa He just lost control of reality, and you can't really call that evil. But thats an discussion that doesn't fit in here, especially if you take in account the fact that I haven't spoken English for quite some time.)

Anyway, I like the fact that the Neo band has some humanity in it, midlanders who are just fighting for their country, looking up to Griffith, just like the old band of the hawk. Although we haven't seen much of the human part of the Neo band, one can figure that the human members of it are willing to risk everything for Griffith. Just like the old band. And Mule and Sonja represent that human part, because they are the only named human Neo hawks. (Yes, I still consider Sonja human.)

Quite interesting, to me, is the fact that Sonja has a lot in common with Caska. They are, or were, both very close to Griffith, looked up to him, loved him, were willing to risk everything for him. And both of them couldn't come that close to Griffith, because of Charlotte. Wonderful, isn't it?

Ah, that probably didn't make much sense.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Despite having read the summary I'm still excited to see this chapter.  All this side character development is good.  It means Miura is trying to get us to care about the characters like we did with the old Band of the Hawk, before he puts these characters into a horrible situation we probably can't even imagine yet.  Personally, I can't wait  ;D.

Top Bottom