Episode 246

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
Here Caska is not tanned (and definitely not Kushan like  :p )

hs.jpg

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
You know, it's possible that Casca just has dark skin and there is no Kushan connection. It's quite possible those kids resembled her because there are only so many ways a person can draw dark skin and black hair in black and white. And even if for some reason she does have Kushan in her background, it really wouldn't have much bearing on the story in the present most likely.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
kimchan said:
You know, it's possible that Casca just has dark skin and there is no Kushan connection.  It's quite possible those kids resembled her because there are only so many ways a person can draw dark skin and black hair in black and white.  And even if for some reason she does have Kushan in her background, it really wouldn't have much bearing on the story in the present most likely.

You don't think that being in a city that hangs Kushans, even their slaves, wouldn't have much bearing on the story if Casca is Kushan?

Or at least looks like one. ;D

"Griffith No More!" said:
hangs Kushans, even their slaves, wouldn't have much bearing on the story if Casca is Kushan?

Wouldnt that be more interesting...? The story would evolved more if Caska was indeed a Kushan...

I am quite sure Muira will like to expand the part on that

Smith said:
Wouldnt that be more interesting...? The story would evolved more if Caska was indeed a Kushan...

I am quite sure Muira will like to expand the part on that

yeah and some how she is their long lost queen and she becomes queen and Gatts becomes King and they all live happily ever after

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
You don't think that being in a city that hangs Kushans, even their slaves, wouldn't have much bearing on the story if Casca is Kushan?

Well, actually I did mention that scenario earlier in the thread. ;)

kimchan said:
I noticed the childrens' resemblance to Casca as well. Although I'm not sure her origins would have that much significance. It possibly could get her into trouble in Vritanis if she's mistaken for a Kushan though.

What I meant this time around was this big debate about Casca's past all of a sudden. Like if she has Kushan in her background, she's automatically going to have some mystical deep dark secret from her past that will turn the story in a completely new direction. All she would need is to be Ganishka's daughter or something stupid like that.

Griffith

kimchan said:
All she would need is to be Ganishka's daughter or something stupid like that.

I was thinking more like he would be hot to marry her. "Look, that's the most beautiful pure-blooded Kushan woman I've ever seen!!"

;D

maybe caska is not kushan, but i think muira is trying to explictly hint that she is in this chapter if he has not done so already. that is of course if caska is in fact kushan.

the reaosn why i think she's not got dark skin because she's tanned is because her skin colour doesn't really change.

and tan means getting tanned most on part of your body that gets the most sun, hence you will see tan marks when she's naked, which you don't (i.e. when she was in the cave unconscious with gatz).

i if she "just have dark skin" that would mean that she got it from somehwere, if not tanning, then it's her genes, which are obviously kushan in some respect.

the only reason she won't be kushan is if there's another race that looks like the kushans in terms of skin colour.

roberto999

Freddy C said:
maybe caska is not kushan, but i think muira is trying to explictly hint that she is in this chapter if he has not done so already. that is of course if caska is in fact kushan.
And how he would do that, if I can be so bold to ask? Caska is not even in the chapter, and there is not a hint referying to her in the whole chap. 246 . The only thing that you saw (and started all thìs) was some dark skinned kids escaping from slavers ( we are not even sure that they are Kushans and not some other dark skinned race. In fact they are depicted darker than the kushans that we saw until today)

roberto999 said:
And how he would do that, if I can be so bold to ask? Caska is not even in the chapter, and there is not a hint referying to her in the whole chap. 246 . The only thing that you saw (and started all thìs) was some dark skinned kids escaping from slavers ( we are not even sure that they are Kushans and not some other dark skinned race. In fact they are depicted darker than the kushans that we saw until today)

The man makes a point....
Who knows with Berserk though, we might suddenly get 5 volumes about her childhood thrown in....

Griffith

Regent said:
The man makes a point....

Yeah, I especially liked the ink darkness argument which contradicts any standard of logic he had established... ::)

Everyone, stop posting meaningless, invalid bullshit about Casca's race like how dark the ink is and what color she is on statues, ugh. As I've already said, there's no argument to be made or any debate to be won here. She's Kushan or she's not, there's no definitive proof either way; she could be an alien or robot too. If Miura cared, he'd inform us either way, but until Miura indicates that yes, she certainly is Kushan, then we shouldn't think of her as such since there was never any mention of it. It's just an interesting possibility until it becomes something more. Everybody can stop being stupid now... no, that's asking too much, just shut-up. Please.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
An interesting possibility ? ::) Yeah, it'd add so much depht to the story.

We did see part of her childhood and hometown anyway, 20 volumes ago, and it was all purely Midlandish as mahlernut already said.

Furthermore, are you people talking about the Kushan Empire ? If so, why are you speaking of it like if it was a specific "race" or something like that ?

As far as I can remember, the Kushans are the people ruled by Ganishka, not some ethnic group made of every dark skinned character in Berserk... Were Donovan and Boscogne Kushan too ?1!1?!

Everyone, stop posting meaningless, invalid bullshit about Casca's race

I second that.

roberto999 said:

we are not sure, hence why i said hint, which means something that you are not sure about but gives you a feeling about something.

maybe there isn't much difference if she is kushan or not, but she is darker than others for a reason, maybe it was just variety, i mean griffth was white: he's now the white hawk.falcon.

gatz had back hair, he is known as the black swords man (also because of his cape), he is the black hawk/falcon.

colour in art forms do have a lot of connotation attached with them, even more so in something such as manga which is balck and white.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Freddy C said:
Guts had back hair, he is known as the black swords man (also because of his cape), he is the black hawk/falcon.

No, Guts isn't the Hawk of Darkness. Griffith is.

Aazealh said:
No, Guts isn't the Hawk of Darkness. Griffith is.

that isn't stated anywhere in the manga, for the people in the berserk world, griffith is the good guy, flacon of light or something (im bad with names). and gutz is the bad guy.

but obviously the audiences knows better, but who ends up as the good/bad guy is still unclear.

Griffith

Freddy C said:
that isn't stated anywhere in the manga, for the people in the berserk world, griffith is the good guy, flacon of light or something (im bad with names). and gutz is the bad guy.

but obviously the audiences knows better, but who ends up as the good/bad guy is still unclear.

Deep.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Freddy C said:

It is stated in the manga, by Schierke for instance, and since the ones that mistook Guts for the Hawk of Darkness where the H.I.C.K. and that Farnese and Serpico have been travelling with him for a while now, I don't think it's a problem anymore...

I'd also add that "the people in the Berserk world" don't see Guts as the bad guy, because they just don't know about him (why would they ?).

aazealh i must have missed that, but that is still the minority belief.

on your point about the people of berserk's world not seeing gutz as the bad guy because they just don't know him, well for them and for us, it's a matter of pre judging people all the time, if they came and sleashedpeople, people will immediatly think he's the bad guy. so regardless of whether they know him or not, they still see him as a bad person until they get to know him. and even then, am not sure if gutz is going to remind "on the light side" as the armour is consuming him bit by bit.

which is why i have doubts that gatz will end up "saving the day" and get rid of griffth from the world, because after all, i don't think griffith is bad, he's just ignorant and egocentric, which is different from being bad/evil.

and until gutz convince people he's the good person, he's fighting a losing battle, and i don't think that skullknight and he's companions will help that much in terms of convincing people.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Freddy C said:
aazealh i must have missed that

I think that there's a lot of things you missed actually.

And when I said that people don't know Guts, I meant that they haven't heard of him, there aren't "Wanted" placards of his face in every town...

Now, we're off-topic, so let's end this discussion here, there are older threads on the BBS that contain all the info you need on the subject.

roberto999

The question is: will Schierke win or it will be the pirates that will get the upper hand? In the last case I foresee a long chase on the sea...

Top Bottom