Episode 247

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Majin Tenshi said:
Guts did kinda help train the kid... but while training him, he made the differences in their builds very obvious... so the kid should be fighting quite differently... 2 sword style remember

Yeah, and Isidro focus on his agility, dodging skills and throwing stuff, moving around a lot, etc. Actually if I had to compare his fighting style (which I wouldn't do anyway), I'd go with Silat rather than Guts.

dwarfkicker said:
I was thinking he was an apostle. Look at the looks his men have one the last page. That's the look of fear. It's like how Wyld's troops were afraid of him.

Then just look at him. Does he look like an apostle ? He's old and crippled. Nothing unnatural about him so far, like glowing eyes, or any sign or superior strengh or skill. Really, I think he's just an old pirate captain, with some experience and that will be a nice encounter for the kids, nothing else.

Mage said:
It's really interesting to see that the 4 characters have met on relatively friendly terms so far...I'd like to see what Mule/Sonja think of Guts, if they (hopefully) meet him...if Griffith was able to trigger something in Sonja, maybe she'll realize something about Guts, too.

Yes, I was thinking about that too, I wonder what will be Guts reaction at Sonja and Mule if he learns they're from the Neo Hawks, and their reactions if they see him, especially Sonja... What if she reads his mind and see memories of the Occultation?

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Awesome! Thanks for the scans guys ;D And cheers for the laughs.. this thread is the best yet :p

I don't think Sonja can read minds...or else she wouldn't have had to ask Schierke so many questions or wondered if Isidro was the 'understanding person' when he appeared.

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
Saiki said:
page 20

pirate leader - This is why I hate kids

pirate leader - They never know their place against adults
NOOOOO the clone of captain Hook no. Well I guess that since we already had the Tinker Bell clone he, too, was bound to appear soon or later. Next chapter: the croc men that did swallow a clock will finally reach the shore
:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Mage said:
I don't think Sonja can read minds...or else she wouldn't have had to ask Schierke so many questions or wondered if Isidro was the 'understanding person' when he appeared.

Maybe she restrained out of politeness ? Doesn't look like her though :p. Or maybe Schierke's mind is harder to read since she's a witch and not a common human.

But I think you're right to point this out, her ability is probably limited to a global perception of a person's thought, and not a real accurate and detailled "mind reading", plus we know her power is stronger when she's close to Griffith, so her ability might simply not allow her to do that atm.

Aazealh said:
But I think you're right, her ability probably limits to global perception and not real accurate "mind reading", plus we know her power is stronger when she's close to Griffith, so her ability might simply not allow her to.

But according to the translation of the Episode, it seems that Sonja was able to understand Isidro's feeling. It may have been just a guess, but it's also pretty probable that she was able to read Isidro's mind! So that she knew he was trying to keep Schierke's identity a secret! :-\

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
asmer said:
But according to the translation of the Episode, it seems that Sonja was able to understand Isidro's feeling. It may have been just a guess, but it's also pretty probable that she was able to read Isidro's mind! So that she knew he was trying to keep Schierke's identity a secret! :-\

I think Mage meant it in a way that she can't check your whole life just looking at you, but rather sense your current train of thought, like she did when Mule and her met first, she replied to him about what he was thinking at the time.

Hence the "global perception" I was talking about and not some ultimate mind reading where she can check your memories in detail. At least that's what I meant, but I think the "mind reading" term is still correct in this case anyway, she's just not reading in people like in a book.

Aazealh said:
she can't check your whole life just looking at you, but rather sense your current train of thought

OK, that I do agree with! But, to me, that's what mind reading implies, to be able to read what a person thinks at the moment, not necessarily to know everything about the person instantly.

And as for Sonja asking if Isidro is the 'understanding person' when he appears, I see it more like some rhetorical question. She knows it's not him, but it's just a way to bring that topic back (and to make fun at Schierke...)! Because after all, in last Episode, which happened like minutes before this one, Schierke talks about Guts by stating that he is an adult!

So, I must agree Sonja looks weird (dumb?) sometimes, but she probably saw that Isidro isn't an adult!? :-\

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
roberto999 said:
NOOOOO the clone of captain Hook no. Well I guess that since we already had the Tinker Bell clone he, too, was bound to appear soon or later. Next chapter: the croc men that did swallow a clock will finally reach the shore
:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Captain Berzook.

Bakou

I RIDE a llama!
The pirate is clearly more badass than this mule guy or Isidro... just look at his first move, owned mule without even pulling his sword.

It seems that in Berserk gunpowder has already been invented my one example being the Guts cannon. If theres gonna be other character(s) armed with guns I'd conjecture that Mr. Pirate King would be one.

Even if hes got no gun hes gotta have something else he wouldn't be the pirate cheif ><

PS. You're all welcome for the scans

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
there is a big difference between a small cannon and a guy who's succesfuly fights depending on guns as his primary weapon. 

Undoubtedly, there is gunpowder in berserk, and it must be moderatly accesible, however it doesn't seem like a lot of technology has been developed based on the stuff yet.  I don't remember seeing many cannons in the Golden Age.  I'd bet that gunpowder is mostly used for bombs in Berserk.  Cannons probably being a "new" or at least not widespread technology. 

From what I remember (admitly, probably a hawks scan) Godo was impressed/supprised by Rickarts cannon makeing/hideing sk11z...

Majin Tenshi said:
I don't remember seeing many cannons in the Golden Age.  I'd bet that gunpowder is mostly used for bombs in Berserk. 

There are lots of cannons protruding out of the giant battleship schierke saw 2 episodes back ago...

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Skull Knight did say that Guts would encounter more Apostles before he made it to Elfhelm, so I think there's a good chance that the pirate captain is one of 'em. Then again, he could just be a more challenging human foe for Isidoro, Mule, Shierke, and Sonja. The next chapter (episode?) should be interesting.

Hi

Its just me, or this pirate captain really does look like Midland's King ???? (charlotte's father) ???

Anyway, about the travel to Elfhelm, I think his boat will be the one transporting Gutts party.
Again, some evil spirits may take over on some whales, mad dolphins jumping into the deck, etc...

Griffith is taking too long to reach the town!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Bakou said:
The pirate is clearly more badass than this mule guy or Isidro... just look at his first move, owned mule without even pulling his sword.

He attacked him by surprise and from behind, and just managed to pull him off his horse, I wouldn't call it owning someone really.

Rhombaad said:
Skull Knight did say that Guts would encounter more Apostles before he made it to Elfhelm

He said he would encounter many apostles led by Griffith.

Bakou said:
The next chapter (episode?) should be interesting.

Just episode. :)

Rhombaad said:
Skull Knight did say that Guts would encounter more Apostles before he made it to Elfhelm, so I think there's a good chance that the pirate captain is one of 'em.  Then again, he could just be a more challenging human foe for Isidoro, Mule, Schierke, and Sonja.  The next chapter (episode?) should be interesting.

hmmm...that could be right, he looks rather undead.

i mean the ending of this chapter was almost a "DUM DUM DUM...!!!"

and that kid on the horse, he really reminds of of griffith himself. the way he moves and his sword.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Freddy C said:
and that kid on the horse, he really reminds of of griffith himself. the way he moves and his sword.

You mean cavalrymen riding horses and using cavalry swords?

Bakou said:
It seems that in Berserk gunpowder has already been invented my one example being the Guts cannon.  If theres gonna be other character(s) armed with guns I'd conjecture that Mr. Pirate King would be one. 

Even if hes got no gun hes gotta have something else he wouldn't be the pirate cheif ><

hes badass cause hes the only pirate that has a cannon in his peg leg
;)

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Aazealh said:
He attacked him by surprise and from behind, and just managed to pull him off his horse, I wouldn't call it owning someone really.

I still have my money on the pirate being cool and letting them use his ship. Aside from that he owned Mule

"Griffith No More!" said:
You mean cavalrymen riding horses and using cavalry swords?

Yes exactly, it's also pretty obvious every character that fights off a horse must have been trained by Guts, oh wait maybe it was Zodd!

Psymont 2.0 said:
hes badass cause hes the only pirate that has a cannon in his peg leg
;)

No. Stop. End.

Top Bottom