Episode 247

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
I still have my money on the pirate being cool and letting them use his ship.

You seem to forget the "problem" that may represent the kids!? I don't think Guts and co. would let the pirates take them away, but I don't see the pirates renouncing to that important source of income... :-\

For me, if that boat was to be taken over by Guts' band, it would be more by force. But, then, there is the problem on how to move such a big boat with only 6 persons (8 with Mule and Sonja?) and 2 elves!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
asmer said:
You seem to forget the "problem" that may represent the kids!? I don't think Guts and co. would let the pirates take them away, but I don't see the pirates renouncing to that important source of income... :-\

He was joking.

Do you guys realize that after TWENTY SEVEN VOLUMES -some characters- are bound to look similar? "The pirate looks like the king, Mule looks like Griffith, Isidro has the same 'fighting style' as Guts" (and this only if you're a retard who clings to irrelevent details like capes and 'hair fairness')...what posseses you to come to such POINTLESS conclusions? So goddamn what if they share a resemblance...it's not some OMG HIDDEN MAGICAL SECRET that you've discovered, it's just that they may look similar, PERIOD. God forbid in the wide world of Berserk, two people may actually look somewhat like each other. ::)

Mage said:
Do you guys realize that after TWENTY SEVEN VOLUMES -some characters- are bound to look similar? "The pirate looks like the king, Mule looks like Griffith, Isidro has the same 'fighting style' as Guts" (and this only if you're a retard who clings to irrelevent details like capes and 'hair fairness')...

Obviously, you haven't read the comics of Lucky Luke

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
Mage said:
Do you guys realize that after TWENTY SEVEN VOLUMES -some characters- are bound to look similar?  "The pirate looks like the king, Mule looks like Griffith, Isidro has the same 'fighting style' as Guts" (and this only if you're a retard who clings to irrelevent details like capes and 'hair fairness')...what posseses you to come to such POINTLESS conclusions?  So goddamn what if they share a resemblance...it's not some OMG HIDDEN MAGICAL SECRET that you've discovered, it's just that they may look similar, PERIOD.  God forbid in the wide world of Berserk, two people may actually look somewhat like each other.  ::)
The point is that on some of those shared resemblances someone creates his wild speculations. See the child "son of Caska" or "Caska the Kushan"

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Mage said:
Do you guys realize that after TWENTY SEVEN VOLUMES -some characters- are bound to look similar?  "The pirate looks like the king, Mule looks like Griffith, Isidro has the same 'fighting style' as Guts" (and this only if you're a retard who clings to irrelevent details like capes and 'hair fairness')...what posseses you to come to such POINTLESS conclusions?  So goddamn what if they share a resemblance...it's not some OMG HIDDEN MAGICAL SECRET that you've discovered, it's just that they may look similar, PERIOD.  God forbid in the wide world of Berserk, two people may actually look somewhat like each other.  ::)

Erm... Is this post directed at me?

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
roberto999 said:
The point is that on some of those shared resemblances someone creates his wild speculations. See the child "son of Caska" or "Caska the Kushan"

Yeah, but those actually have some validity and, more importantly, a point. It would make sense that the child is Casca's and that would be interesting; certainly it would have a major effect on a lot of important characters. Casca being Kushan would be interesting and could have some bearing on the story as well. Those are good speculations to make, even if it turns out not to be the case.

On the other hand... Mule riding a horse (OMG! kjust like GRIFFISSUU!!) or a pirate having a beard like the dead King's doesn't seem very important or interesting.

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
"Griffith No More!" said:
On the other hand... Mule riding a horse (OMG! kjust like GRIFFISSUU!!) or a pirate having a beard like the dead King's doesn't seem very important or interesting.

Well, I wasnt speculating anything. I was just pointing out somthing that maybe no one saw.

I think its really funny though how Isidro resembles Gut's fighting style (kinda...) and how mule resembles griffith's fighting style (on the horse).

secilj

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Thanks a lot, Bakou, at first. :)

I wonder how Sonya describes Guts when she meets him. A big crow? or A big wolf which front against the Falcon? If it's a big crow, it reminds me of another japanimation "Princess Tutu". ;D

But the crow has been already used to describe Cushans. In that case, what else (bird) could be used? I'm curious about it. ;)

BTW, I haven't recognized the automatic spelling change is being used for "Guts" till I tried 3-4 times to submit "G-a-t-t-s" for Guts. :(

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
secilj said:
I wonder how Sonya describes Guts when she meets him. A big crow? or A big wolf which front against the Falcon? If it's a big crow, it reminds me of another japanimation "Princess Tutu".  ;D

Let's say if she were to [for some odd reason seeing how her story ended a while ago] describe Guts, I'm assuming it would be an angry looking Duck. But she more then likely won't do that.

BTW, I haven't recognized the automatic spelling change is being used for "Guts" till I tried 3-4 times to submit "G-a-t-t-s" for Guts.  :(

It's just easier that way.

secilj said:
Thanks a lot, Bakou, at first.  :)

I wonder how Sonya describes Guts when she meets him. A big crow? or A big wolf which front against the Falcon? If it's a big crow, it reminds me of another japanimation "Princess Tutu".  ;D

But the crow has been already used to describe Cushans. In that case, what else (bird) could be used? I'm curious about it.  ;)

BTW, I haven't recognized the automatic spelling change is being used for "Guts" till I tried 3-4 times to submit "G-a-t-t-s" for Guts.  :(

Perhaps something that the dragons prey upon since he is such a sacrifice...but yet one sacrifice that fights them since he has killed some of them allready...
The best that comes to my mind is a human and since Guts is the protagonist I think it fits well

Why does Sonja have to compare Guts to a bird?? I bet, if anything, she would see Guts as a dragon.. He does use the Dragon Slayer...

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
If she is ever going to picture Guts as something, I'm sure it'll either be used as comic relief or something dark. Guts' rage manifested itself as a wolf (or a dog) so if she can somehow sense that within him, maybe (if she makes him an animal at all) she'll describe him as a wolf.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
aufond said:
Why does Sonja have to compare Guts to a bird?? I bet, if anything, she would see Guts as a dragon.. He does use the Dragon Slayer...

Because she compared everybody else to a bird? And the apostles are already said to be dragons, which makes a nice Dragon Slayer reference; on the other hand, there's nothing interesting in doing the same with Guts, actually it wouldn't make any sense.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Well, if you guys want to get technical about this and follow up on Sonja's established line of reasoning, then the only possible conclusion we can arrive at is...

assirelli_pkberserk.jpg

;D​

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
I guess it's decided then, Guts is another duck in Sonja's eyes. ::)LOL. ;D

But seriously, I just don't think she will continue the story of the ducks. I beleive she was just telling it to scheirke to lighten things.

Aazealh said:
He was joking.

Well, if you say so, he probably was... But, still, I guess it remains a problem somehow!? So, the pirates are very hostiles, Guts comes and kills the boss *bang bang*, and then what? They are now forced to travel with 20 kushan kids or so! And I don't think any of the Guts' band's members can speak the kushan language. Maybe Schierke, through telepathy, could somehow communicate with them, but even if it's the case, what are they gonna do with the kids?

But since everything in BERSERK seems to happen for a reason, I have a theory! At first, Casca being a Kushan or not did not seem to me a very important matter. But after what we learned in the last Episodes, I realized that she may be one.
The pirates are talking about sending the kushan kids to the southern territories that are being colonized to sell them there. And we know that Casca's hometown was at the "border", it could have been the southern border. Plus, back in Volume 6, when Casca told her story, all the other characters in her memories didn't look kushan, as she does. Even her "parents" we don't see their faces. Then, I was thinking that maybe the persons she recalls as her parents were in fact her "owners", that she was some kind of slave, but that these people were quite kind to her, so that she calls them her parents (it's a bit far-fetched, yes...)! She was bought by them to work in the fields, and when the noble comes and want to buy Casca, they sell her without any hesitation it seems.
And then, back to the pirates, when Guts and the others arrive, if ever Casca was to see the young kushan lady that resembles her quite a lot, and that a pirate was hurting her, maybe that could be shocking Casca's memories. And her being shocked in her shocked state, maybe the result would be that for a while she is able to regain consciousness, like when the thugs tried to rape her in Volume 22 (or 21)! Someting like [(-) + (-) = (+)]. Maybe she would remember her own kidnapping as a child? And maybe (but that is really far-fetched...) she actually can speak the kushan language?!

Or maybe, she is not at all a slave, and not even a Kushan, but seeing this young lady being hurt by the pirates would recall her memories of the noble's attempted rape on her, and by the same mechanism she could somehow regain her consciousness for a while!?

But in the end, that doesn't really help with the problem of what to do with the kids... :-\

asmer said:
Well, if you say so, he probably was... But, still, I guess it remains a problem somehow!? So, the pirates are very hostiles, Guts comes and kills the boss *bang bang*, and then what? They are now forced to travel with 20 kushan kids or so!

What I have to say about this event is that it seems they are in deep shit, literally...if they kill the "boss" they will propably have to be questioned by the authorities and perhaps Schierke would create there lots of problems...
I see them or to fight the whole Vritannis to get out of the shit or to run away of Vritannis with the kids ASAP before the authorities notice
The only alternative I see to this is what Vh_Bob said, about convincing the pirate dude to sail away with them on his boad now...

xechnao said:
What I have to say about this event is that it seems they are in deep shit, literally...if they kill the "boss" they will propably have to be questioned by the authorities and perhaps Schierke would create there lots of problems...
I see them or to fight the whole Vritannis to get out of the shit or to run away of Vritannis with the kids ASAP before the authorities notice

I think Vritanis is in deep shit, too! In Saiki's translation, Sonja says:

I guess it can't be helped if this place burns down....

For me, it means that soon, we're gonna see something (Griffith?) happen in the town. So I guess the people in Vritanis will soon have other problems than those kushan kids!?
But I agree that since the authorities of the town are the responsible for the coming of the pirates, if a big battle was to occur, Guts and his band probably would have to fight the entire town! And that could be a problem! :-\

xechnao said:
The only alternative I see to this is what Vh_Bob said, about convincing the pirate dude to sail away with them on his boad now...

Yes, but once they arrive in Elfhelm, what are they gonna do with the kids. I don't think they would let them go with the pirates!?

Top Bottom