The Grudge

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
Good movie.  Even though you can see every scare comeing from a mile away... the shear creepiness still gets you.

I'm still wondering how long that old woman survived in that house...

skeletonmf

Imprisoned for crimes too hideous to be named.
the previews for the grudge always reminded me of the ring.

speaking of the ring, i saw this japanese movie about a curse that made the people in the town become obsessed with spirals or something. weird shit. i asked my friend if he'd heard of it and he said it was a sequel to ringu (sp?) the original version of the ring from japan. i had no idea.

skeletonmf said:
i asked my friend if he'd heard of it and he said it was a sequel to ringu (sp?) the original version of the ring from japan.
Your friend doesn't know what he's talking about. "Uzumaki" isn't related to "Ring" in any way.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
skeletonmf said:
the previews for the grudge always reminded me of the ring.

speaking of the ring, i saw this japanese movie about a curse that made the people in the town become obsessed with spirals or something. weird shit. i asked my friend if he'd heard of it and he said it was a sequel to ringu (sp?) the original version of the ring from japan. i had no idea.
  Ringu/The Ring is a seperate movie from Uzumaki. The Ring 2 is the only sequel to the american version.  In japan there are several sequals to Ringu (I believe there's 3...someone correct me If I am wrong).  The good news is that this time, the american version will be directed by the creator of Ringu (Hideo Nakata), rumored that it won't follow the exact pattern from the japanese version. 
             hope this clears you're confusion    8)

As for Grudge... Im still debating if I should just go and see it or wait for it on DVD. 

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Olivier Hague said:
You are, but it would be a bit difficult to explain the whole thing, really...
understood..Ill check it out then  ;)
thanks for clarifying though

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Haha, "The Grudge" is Ju-on ? I saw it some time ago, and it's really boring... I don't even understand how it got popular.

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
Nomad said:
understood..Ill check it out then  ;)
thanks for clarifying though

Well, there's Ring, Rasen (the sequel that flopped), Ring 2 (the sequel that pretends Rasen never happened), and there's a prequel called Ring 0. Or at least that's how I understood it, you can go here to get more detailed info: http://www.theringworld.com/index.php

If you can't tell already, I'm a bit obsessed with the whole Ring thing. ;D

skeletonmf

Imprisoned for crimes too hideous to be named.
Olivier Hague said:
Your friend doesn't know what he's talking about. "Uzumaki" isn't related to "Ring" in any way.

well, i didnt even know the name of the movie so i guess i'm the one who doesnt know what he's talking about. what i caught of uzumaki though was crazy. i'll have to watch the whole thing one day.

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
I always wondered about the ending of Ju-on the grudge 2? I've never seen the curse, so I dunno if it's explained there, but what was the deal with the little baby Ju-on? It wasn't supposed to be a play on Ringu, was it? I know the same guy directed Ju-on.

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Olivier Hague said:
No, he didn't.

Well, fuck.

edit: Also, to the poster who was talking about uzumaki. Maybe your friend confused rasen and uzumaki somehow. As I understand it, rasen and uzumaki can both be translated to 'spiral'.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Trench said:
Ju-on and the ring are from the same director.  Here you go! http://www.juonthegrudge.com/
23 August.  What relation The Grudge (the posters and trailers for which look more than a little familiar...) has to the Ring?. The answer is: none whatsoever. The Grudge is a remake of the Japanese film Juon, which (despite being billed as "from the creators of Ringu," i.e. having Ring scriptwriter Takahashi Hiroshi as creative consultant and Ring 2 editor Takahashi Nobuyuki) is wholly separate.         

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
Trench said:
Ju-on and the ring are from the same director.  Here you go! http://www.juonthegrudge.com/

Ring: Directed by Hideo Nakata

Juon/The Grudge: Directed by Takashi Shimizu

Not the same people.  The only real connection between these movies is the scriptwriter stuff above, they're from Japan and are considered horror.

Top Bottom