What are those small bombs that Guts uses?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've first seen them in Vol19 when both Guts and that Serpico guy use them?
Again, I don't know if this can be of any importance, but it forced me to try to recall if I've seen them before, and if there was some kind of an explanation of what they were...

yeah i've seen em before too, i think they are called... bombs

j/k, he first uses them in like one of the first 3 volumes and all i can recall him saying is something about Gatts complimenting Godo on how powerful they are

they are in the dreamcast game too,

they stick to things when thrown and then blow up like little bombs would  ;D

- c

If i remember right in volume 26 i think..... Isidro uses them too, but they just look like little bombs with a spiked casing on them to they will stick into things

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, you guys notice this now ? He's also got throwing knives and a "repetitive" crossbow, just in case you don't know.

Serpico doesn't really use them, he caught the one Guts throwed at him, and threw it back later. As for Isidro, Guts gave him some after acknowledging his throwing skills.

NeoBerserker said:
yeah i've seen em before too, i think they are called... bombs

Well, "explosive bullets" or "mini-grenades" would be a better adaptation imho.

NeoBerserker said:
he first uses them in like one of the first 3 volumes

How could it be, since Rickert gives them to him in volume 17 ?

NeoBerserker said:
and all i can recall him saying is something about Guts complimenting Godo on how powerful they are

It didn't happen, first Guts got them from Rickert, and second he didn't talk to Godot after receiving them that day (and Godot died later before Guts came back).

EDIT:
Btw, he first uses them against the transformed goat (thanks to the "Beherit-apostle").

Aazealh said:
Well, "explosive bullets" or "mini-grenades" would be a better adaptation imho.

How could it be, since Rickert gives them to him in volume 17 ?

It didn't happen, first Guts got them from Rickert, and second he didn't talk to Godot after receiving them that day (and Godot died later before Guts came back).

Bullets/bombs same thing same concept, its just forced appied differently, they both use powder and in their time era it would be black powder and they both use compression to explode otherwise it would just ignite like dry grass for example

When i said that he uses them first in the first 3 volumes, i appologize, meant to say that WE first see him use in the first 3 volumes. Plus Guts also uses them in Volume 1, but they look different

And you are right Aazealh, Guts didn't compliment Godo on the bombs i was thinking of something else

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
NeoBerserker said:
Bullets/bombs same thing same concept, its just forced appied differently, they both use powder and in their time era it would be black powder and they both use compression to explode otherwise it would just ignite like dry grass for example

Well, I wasn't trying to discuss about the concept of explosive devices or how they were made "in their time era", since the time era in Berserk can't really compare to ours anyway, but giving you some name possibilities closer to the original in Japanese ("Shakkunetsutan" I think).

NeoBerserker said:
When i said that he uses them first in the first 3 volumes, i appologize, meant to say that WE first see him use in the first 3 volumes. Plus Guts also uses them in Volume 1, but they look different

As I told you already, Rickert gives them to him in volume 17, which happens after the Black Swordsman arc, so it's just not possible.

So anyway, we don't see him use them in the first volume, he uses his arm cannon several times, and Vargas throws some smoke bombs to allow Guts to escape near the end of the volume, but that's it. I think you got confused here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom